Biden's America: China is the Enemy

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: China is the Enemy

Post by Fat Cat »

Well, I'm sure that a coconut chucker like me doesn't know much, so all this is just from where I'm standing. BUT...off the top of my head:

1. She has a huge population, increasingly educated, which needs to be put to gainful use but which doesn't really just want to slave in a factory like their parents did. That population has expectations of affluence that will be increasingly difficult to assuage, given that only 10 percent of Chinese land is arable, they lack adequate fresh drinking water, and their environment approximates a garbage dump. Also, Chinese are perhaps the most naturally grasping and materialistic people on earth; that they ever became nominally Communist is a minor miracle of world history.

2. She is surrounded by countries that hate her. Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Mongolia, Russia, Laos, etc. They all have to accept Chinese economic hegemony, but as anyone who's ever spent time around PRC Chinese knows, they are awful, noxious, pushy, coarse people. They spit and urinate and cut in lines, all the while playing the victim. My parents just spent a month touring around Vietnam and they said that they loved Americans, hated French, and really, really, really despised the Chinese with a deep and abiding loathing.

3. She has no energy resources to speak of.

4. Her economy is built on an unsustainable foundation of forced labor, manipulated currency, theft of intellectual property, autocratic rule, and a locust-like scouring of natural resources. All of these are increasingly under pressure both internally and externally.

5. She's next door to Russia. All of Russia's posturing towards the west is intended to draw attention away from the Mongol horde on their eastern doorstep. China, at some point in the next 15 years or so, is going to make a play for all those untapped resources: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/02/worl ... ussia.html

6. Same deal with India. They have zero point zero interest in being pushed around by the dinks.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:54 am So where is China weak?
They're still using Central Planning.
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:44 pm Does anyone even have thoughts about the number one strategic threat to the United States? Personally, I think that a trade war, as a form of strategic disengagement of the American economy with the Chinese one is a good thing. I would invest in developing closer trade ties, and make up for manufacturing slack, with countries surrounding China like Vietnam, Japan, and South Korea. Philippines too, perhaps, now that Duterte is falling out of love with China. In doing so we could strengthen our first picket line of defense, diversify our supply chain, empower China's neighbors, and weaken their economy--all desirable outcomes.
There is also India. They and China had a war a while back. China backs Pakistan, India's main enemy.

https://m.economictimes.com/news/econom ... 068781.cms
Don't like yourself too much.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

India was my 6th bullet point.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

President Donald Trump has declared a national emergency to “deal with the threat posed by the unrestricted acquisition or use in the United States of information and communications technology… supplied by persons owned by, controlled by, or subject to the jurisdiction or direction of foreign adversaries.”

Reports that the president would sign the executive order were circulating last night, and, as reported, it’s clear that China is the main target for U.S. concerns — even as the two nations continue to escalate their trade war.

While the U.S. has already restricted government contractors and federal agencies from using technology supplied by Huawei or its subsidiaries, this new executive order gives Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and other federal agencies broad powers of oversight and approval over private company transactions.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/15/trump ... espionage/

This is MAGA bigly.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Unfortunately, India is not a reliable defense partner and may never be.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... atch-55942

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

In February, Christopher Wray, director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, told a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing that spying by Chinese scholars, scientists and students in the US constituted a “whole-of-society threat” that would require “a whole-of-society response”.

https://www.inkstonenews.com/society/un ... le/2166162

Moreover, the study found, since 2009, the percentage of Chinese-Americans charged for economic espionage has tripled.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Economists share blame for China’s ‘monstrous’ turn: Western intellectuals must now seek to contain Beijing

https://www.ft.com/content/f10ccb26-a16 ... f48f366f7d

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

In today's news of China's aggressive covert war on the West:

A director general of an intelligence unit within the RCMP has been arrested and charged, Global News has confirmed.

Cameron Ortis is facing multiple charges under both the Criminal Code and the Security of Information Act.

Global News’ early source information indicates that Ortis’ expertise in computers and cyberspace, the level of sensitive high-tech information he would have access to as a long-time government advisor, as well as his connections to East Asia and China, are some of the areas that could have concerned this multi-pronged national security information.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5899146/seni ... d-charged/

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Canada is a great country. They are also NATO members, which in this case, is part of the problem as they have access to a great deal of sensitive defense information. China is currently taking measures to influence and undermine American partners like Australia and Canada, which they intend to use as vectors to isolate American and deteriorate our defense partnerships.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

The Department announced today the arrest of Zhongsan Liu, who was charged by complaint for his involvement in a conspiracy to fraudulently obtain U.S. visas for Chinese government employees. Liu was arrested today in Fort Lee, New Jersey, and presented this afternoon in Manhattan federal court before the U.S. Magistrate Judge Ona T. Wang.

“We welcome foreign students and researchers, including from China, but we do not welcome visa fraud – especially on behalf of a government,” said Assistant Attorney General John C. Demers of National Security. “We will continue to confront Chinese government attempts to subvert American law to advance its own interests in diverting U.S. research and know-how to China.”

“As alleged Zhongsan Liu conspired to obtain research scholar visas fraudulently for people whose actual purpose was not research but recruitment,” said U.S. Attorney Geoffrey S. Berman. “Rather than helping to bring students to the U.S., Liu allegedly conspired to defraud this country’s visa system to advance his efforts to attract U.S. experts to China. Thanks to the FBI, this alleged abuse of the visa system has been halted.”

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/chinese- ... conspiracy

China = Cancer

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

The Nightmare of Human Organ Harvesting in China

China stands accused of a gruesome trade in human organs. It’s difficult to prove, because the victims’ bodies are disposed of and the only witnesses are the doctors, police and prison guards involved. Even so, the evidence supports a damning verdict.

The charge is that many prisoners of conscience—Falun Gong members, Uighur Muslims, Tibetan Buddhists and “underground” Christians—have been subjected to medical testing and had their organs forcibly removed. Those organs have fed an enormous trade in organ transplants.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-nightm ... 1549411056

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:44 pm Exclusive: China backtracked on almost all aspects of U.S. trade deal

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1SE0WJ

...China is the true enemy of civilization and must be stopped at all costs...China is the enemy of humanity, and worse, the enemy of Nature, and it is America's great destiny to destroy it.
That's emphatic and unambiguous. It also resonates with me.

My studies of China are only from news sources and the readings of some of the ancients. I'm uneducated in understanding the motivations, intents, fears, and belief systems of the modern Chinese leadership. I doubt that Lao Tzu and The Te of Piglet will apply so I need more info.

Any resources you'd recommend? It's a rabbit hole I'm interested in exploring.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:42 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:44 pm Exclusive: China backtracked on almost all aspects of U.S. trade deal

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1SE0WJ

...China is the true enemy of civilization and must be stopped at all costs...China is the enemy of humanity, and worse, the enemy of Nature, and it is America's great destiny to destroy it.
That's emphatic and unambiguous. It also resonates with me.

My studies of China are only from news sources and the readings of some of the ancients. I'm uneducated in understanding the motivations, intents, fears, and belief systems of the modern Chinese leadership. I doubt that Lao Tzu and The Te of Piglet will apply so I need more info.

Any resources you'd recommend? It's a rabbit hole I'm interested in exploring.
I will send you a PM.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Naturalized U.S. Citizen in California Accused of Spying for Chinese Government

California man who operates tours for Chinese students and visitors was charged with being an illegal foreign agent and delivering classified U.S. national security information to officials in China, U.S. government officials announced Monday.

U.S. Attorney David L. Anderson accused Xuehua Edward Peng, 56, of a “combination of age-old spycraft and modern technology.”

“The charges announced today provide a rare glimpse into the secret efforts of the People’s Republic of China to obtain classified national security information from the United States,” Anderson said

FBI Director Christopher Wray has said China poses a more serious counterintelligence threat to the United States than any other country, including Russia. In July, he testified before a Senate panel that the FBI had more than 1,000 investigations involving economic espionage and attempted intellectual property theft, nearly all of which lead back to China.

https://time.com/5689460/california-man ... china-spy/

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Can I go full tinfoil for a second? Thank you. Bernie and Biden are out, Warren is the likely candidate, but I don't think she has the kind of support she needs to really challenge Trump among blacks or latinos. Is it possible that Hillary will come out of left field and throw down as a candidate?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Our enemy???
"In that call, Trump also told Xi he would remain quiet on Hong Kong protests as trade talks progressed."
Meanwhile in Hong Kong, protesters know who (used to) represent freedom.

Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Hong Kong is not China.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

The days when the party eyed the internet with fear and anxiety are long gone. The regime has not only lost its fear; it has learned to love new technologies. The CCP believes it can use big data and artificial intelligence to create steering mechanisms that will catapult its economy into the future and make its apparatus crisis-proof. At the same time, it intends to create the most perfect surveillance state the world has ever seen.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v41/n19/john-lanc ... umber-nine

^^^Pretty crazy discussion of China's plans for the future.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

I'm starting to think punishing tariffs that cause our buying to shift to other than China might be worth the pain. China is not interested in joining the community of nations. It is interested in following the rules when it disadvantages you and breaking the rules when it advantages them.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Schlegel wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:53 am I'm starting to think punishing tariffs that cause our buying to shift to other than China might be worth the pain. China is not interested in joining the community of nations. It is interested in following the rules when it disadvantages you and breaking the rules when it advantages them.
Completely agree. Tariffs should continue and force American businesses to look elsewhere as the supply chains in China collapse. They are a threat to us all and we need the trade war to wean our gutless, faithless, profit-addicted corporations off cheap Chinese slave labor. Its better for our country and the environment that we let China collapse under the weight of its corruption and awfulness.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

The Chinese Communist Party has gained the ability to spy on more than 100 million citizens via a heavily promoted official app, a report suggests.

Analysis of the Study the Great Nation app found hidden elements that could help monitor use and copy data, said phone security experts Cure 53.

The app gives the government "super-user" access, the security firm said.

The Chinese government denied the app had the monitoring functions listed by the cyber investigators.

Released in February, Study the Great Nation has become the most downloaded free program in China, thanks to persuasive demands by Chinese authorities that citizens download and install it.
Mandatory use

The app pushes out official news and images and encourages people to earn points by reading articles, commenting on them and playing quizzes about China and its leader, Xi Jinping.

Use of the app is mandatory among party officials and civil servants and it is tied to wages in some workplaces.

Starting this month, native journalists must pass a test on the life of President Xi, delivered via the app, in order to obtain a press card which enables them to do their jobs.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50042379

Fuck China!

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

My wife and I dicussed China the other day. I was a bit surprised to see I did not have to spend any effort persuading her; she had already decided we will not use any app the Chinese govt touches and to avoid electronic devices made in china as much as possible. Her employer is very security conscious as their stuff networks with customer IT and comm systems.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Good. Most Americans really would have a hard time imagining the diabolic, organ harvesting, forced abortion, prison camp hideousness of the Chinese Communist Party.