LGBTQXYZ Town Hall Crazy Train

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

LGBTQXYZ Town Hall Crazy Train

Post by Fat Cat »

During the town hall, when former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke was on stage, a protester named Blossom C. Brown emerged from the crowd and took the mic from a questioner.

"Black trans women are dying, our lives matter!" Brown said into the mic. "I am an extraordinary black trans woman, and I deserve to be here," she said, and the crowd clapped.

"I am tired. I am so tired ... It's not just my black trans women, it's my black trans brothers too. And I'm going to say what I'm going to say," Brown added.

CNN moderator Don Lemon asked for Brown's name, and asked her to come to the stage and hand him the mic. "Blossom, let me tell you something. The reason that we're here is to validate people like you," Lemon said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/politics ... index.html

Democrat presidential candidate Robert Francis O'Rourke says that he will take away the tax-exempt status of churches if they do not believe in same-sex marriage.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ho fuck I need to lie down.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: LGBTQXYZ Town Hall Crazy Train

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

I think this whole thing jumped the shark when I read an article in HuffPo about a female that identified as a male who needed access to some type of reproductive medical help. Can't remember if was an abortion or what. But the gist of the article was how uncomfortable the person felt because there wasn't a spot on the forms for them to put the preferred pronoun.
And the preferred pronouns for this person were "they" and "them". FOR A SINGULAR HUMAN BEING. I'm as sympathetic to the plight of the LBGTQ+ community as anyone, but give me a fucking break with that shit.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:05 pmDemocrat presidential candidate Robert Francis O'Rourke says that he will take away the tax-exempt status of churches if they do not believe in same-sex marriage.
Uh oh! That's how the anti-choice "movement" started!
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

There appeared to be wiggle room in his statement, but based on how it sounds like it was intended, Beto jumped the shark on that one
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Beto has no chance he’s entertainment at this point. Hell yeah we’re coming for your buns!
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Fat Cat wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:43 am Beto has no chance he’s entertainment at this point. Hell yeah we’re coming for your buns!
Bobby O serves a greater purpose in that he's chosen woke honesty as a tactic. From guns to religion to abortion to climate, his views exemplify most of the candidates woke essence. What he says is a better representation of where their hearts are than what they say.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:23 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:43 am Beto has no chance he’s entertainment at this point. Hell yeah we’re coming for your buns!
Bobby O serves a greater purpose in that he's chosen woke honesty as a tactic. From guns to religion to abortion to climate, his views exemplify most of the candidates woke essence. What he says is a better representation of where their hearts are than what they say.
I don't think so. I don't even think so for him. He's desperately pandering as click-bait.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

It just speaks to the nauseating depths of leftist politics: pro-baby killing, pro-sodomy, anti-religion, anti-human rights.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

The fact that Beto is losing badly is what speaks to what people are thinking.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Beto is not saying many things which Warren is not also contemplating, if only in a more covert way. She likes killing babies, tranny children, globo-homo, and endless wars in the Middle East.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I'll give Trump points for be being out and proud with his hate and racist lies (Obama not US citizen, etc.). It was an oddly winning strategy with the right.

I am sure Trump's odd knee jerk retreat from Syria, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, will work out well for all of us.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:22 pm I'll give Trump points for be being out and proud with his hate and racist lies (Obama not US citizen, etc.). It was an oddly winning strategy with the right.

I am sure Trump's odd knee jerk retreat from Syria, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, will work out well for all of us.
On what planet were we about to have a victory in Syria? You seem confused. Have you spoken to your doctor about adjusting your medication, the current dosage is clearly inadequate for your needs.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Russia, Syria, Iran, and Turkey all just pwned us in Syria, and with ISIS running around the neighborhood again... Why did we ever bother in the first place? The losers are us and our allies, the Kurds.

Trump is doing what Obama did. Leaving too soon, leaving a vacuum. We've seen this before, it wasn't good last time.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:04 pm Russia, Syria, Iran, and Turkey all just pwned us in Syria, and with ISIS running around the neighborhood again... Why did we ever bother in the first place? The losers are us and our allies, the Kurds.

Trump is doing what Obama did. Leaving to sub, leaving a vacuum. We've seen this before, it wasn't good last time.

No. Obama helped to foment the war in Syria, along with the war in Libya. Trump, his many, many, many failings aside is completely right to withdraw American troops from Syria and conflict areas in particular. Turkey will fuck itself up in Syria, the same way Russia has been doing, because there are no winners in that shithole.

The best possible outcome in Syria is that Assad wins, consolidates his power, and Syria continues to be a plural society. Mashallah. The worst possible outcome is that we continue to carry water for Israel and Saudi Arabia and destabilize Syria, resulting in some radical Sunni victory either by al-Qaeda or ISIS. That's the facts of the matter, so why wouldn't we step aside and let Russia and Syria handle business? The only way to get "pwned" (that's old fashioned btw) in Syria is to stay. Syria was never our ally, never a strategically important place, and never worth one drop of American blood.

Or, if you feel differently, I'm sure that you support passage of a NATO resolution to remove Turkey and a request for a declaration of war on Turkey and Syria? I mean, if you feel so strongly about your precious Kurdz. You watch too much cable news.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

We had leverage while we had a presence there, and could help shape the post-ISIS landscape. Instead we ran away, thanks to President Bonespurs.
It’s probably impossible for Americans to fully grasp the sense of betrayal felt by the Syrian Kurds, who suffered 11,000 dead and 24,000 wounded in a war that we asked them to fight.

...“It’s a dagger to the heart to walk away from people who shed blood for us,” one former top CIA official who attended the black-tie dinner told me later. A retired four-star general who was there said the same thing: Trump’s retreat was an “unsound, morally indefensible act” and a “disgrace” to America and the soldiers who serve this country.

...“It will go down in infamy,” said one Army officer who served in the Syria campaign. “This will go down as a stain on the American reputation for decades.”

...What do these American soldiers feel as they watch Trump retreat from the Syrian battlefield and leave their former comrades to die? They feel sick.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

I get it. You'll apologize for anything Trump does. Anybody he screws over. Anything he royally fucks up. But we know why he left Syria. Erdogan has Trump by the short hairs via Trump Towers. Easy choice. For him.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Which is why he just dropped sanctions on Turkey? Lolwut: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50050264

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Ooohh, sanctions. I'm sure the Turks are going to pull back immediately.

Get fucking real, Fats.
“The announcement by the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) that they had reached an agreement with the Iranian- and Russian-backed government of [Assad] further undermined the prospect of any continued U.S. presence in the country,”

“The deal followed three days of negotiations brokered by Russia between the Syrian government and the SDF, which had reached the conclusion that it could no longer count on the United States, its chief ally for the past five years in the fight against the Islamic State

“We don’t want the Russians and Syrians in there, but obviously we understand why they reached out,” a senior Trump administration official told one of my colleagues. “This is total chaos,” the official added, “a total s---storm.”
Of course the big winner is probably getting tired of winning so much...
“Putin continues to get whatever he wants and generally doesn't even have to do much,” an unnamed NATO official also told Insider. “He got to sit back and watch the Turks and the Americans unravel five years of success and not only did it not cost him anything, he didn't even have to try to make it happen. Small wonder he'd interfere on Trump's side in an election.”

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:57 am Ooohh, sanctions. I'm sure the Turks are going to pull back immediately.

Get fucking real, Fats.
“The announcement by the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) that they had reached an agreement with the Iranian- and Russian-backed government of [Assad] further undermined the prospect of any continued U.S. presence in the country,”

“The deal followed three days of negotiations brokered by Russia between the Syrian government and the SDF, which had reached the conclusion that it could no longer count on the United States, its chief ally for the past five years in the fight against the Islamic State

“We don’t want the Russians and Syrians in there, but obviously we understand why they reached out,” a senior Trump administration official told one of my colleagues. “This is total chaos,” the official added, “a total s---storm.”
“Putin continues to get whatever he wants and generally doesn't even have to do much,” an unnamed NATO official also told Insider. “He got to sit back and watch the Turks and the Americans unravel five years of success and not only did it not cost him anything, he didn't even have to try to make it happen. Small wonder he'd interfere on Trump's side in an election.”
What are you talking about? Putin is spending money he can't afford to spend in a war that won't deliver any real benefit for mother Russia.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:25 pm Beto is not saying many things which Warren is not also contemplating, if only in a more covert way. She likes killing babies, tranny children, globo-homo, and endless wars in the Middle East.
Whaaaa? She's the girl next door.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Turdacious wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:33 am
nafod wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:57 am Ooohh, sanctions. I'm sure the Turks are going to pull back immediately.

Get fucking real, Fats.

What are you talking about? Putin is spending money he can't afford to spend in a war that won't deliver any real benefit for mother Russia.
What are you talking about? He gets his only deep water overseas port essentially forever.
On 18 January 2017, Russia and Syria signed an agreement, effective forthwith, whereunder Russia would be allowed to expand and use the naval facility at Tartus for 49 years on a free-of-charge basis and enjoy sovereign jurisdiction over the base. The treaty allows Russia to keep 11 warships at Tartus, including nuclear vessels; it stipulates privileges and full immunity from Syria′s jurisdiction for Russia′s personnel and materiel at the facility. The treaty was ratified and approved by Russian parliament, and the relevant federal law was signed by president Vladimir Putin by the end of December 2017.
Not bad for dropping a few bombs. And now Trump has given him everything he has been fighting for. Too much winning.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Putting aside your scurrilous and baseless attacks on my stainless character, you have a very tenuous grasp of geopolitics.

First, Russia was never leaving Tartus. Much of Russia's investment in Syria, along with a serious and legitimate desire to be a regional power broker, is centered on that installation.

Second, Russia isn't getting what it wants, we are. Putin tried to have his "mission accomplished" moment in Syria about two year again December, 2017: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mide ... SKBN1E50X1 It's working out, predictably, about as well as GWB's victory lap in Iraq. We didn't leave fighting in Iraq for many more years, and the Russians have bought themselves a similar project trying to put humpty dumpty back together again. Now they say that they will intervene even further to stop fighting between Syria and Turkey...lol good luck with that.

Finally, none of this speaks to some special genius of Trump, but in a way, that's the point. You can't be dragged further into a conflict if you're not there in the first place, and we never had a cohesive, meaningful strategy based on valid geopolitical aims. We blundered into this shit with moronic neo-liberal platitudes about spreading democracy and opposing tyranny and an inflated vision of ourselves as the world police. Trump, with his self serving junior high grasp of life, is right: we shouldn't be there, we have no reason to be there, and we should get out. There's nothing in it for us. It is precisely listening to the foreign policy establishment that has led us into two decades of continuous fighting in the ME, and it has gotten us nothing. Do you think the Iraqis or Afghani's or Libyans love us for our interventions?

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:22 pmI am sure Trump's odd knee jerk retreat from Syria, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, will work out well for all of us.
The Turks were shelling our people, man. We could either sit and take it or make war on a fellow NATO ally.

We did exactly the right thing bugging out of that area.

I'm surprised that the Russians were kind enough to pick up our slack over there.
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Turdacious wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:33 am What are you talking about? Putin is spending money he can't afford to spend in a war that won't deliver any real benefit for mother Russia.
Russian involvement is thin. Iran is the big foreign player in Syria. They're Shia like the Alawites..... or the people who run Iraq today.

Russia did us a huge favor taking over our mission.
Last edited by Gene on Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:10 amI get it. You'll apologize for anything Trump does. Anybody he screws over. Anything he royally fucks up. But we know why he left Syria. Erdogan has Trump by the short hairs via Trump Towers. Easy choice. For him.
The US has nuclear warheads in Turkey. They're a NATO ally. The US cannot afford to break up NATO. This operation is about preserving NATO.

If Ergodan confiscated the Trump Towers he would upset other US investors in Turkey. He would reduce the confidence of foreign investors. Per this Turkish Government site, the leading single foreign investor in Turkey is the UK. The US is in fourth place.

http://www.invest.gov.tr/en-US/investme ... urkey.aspx

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

nafod wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 pm The fact that Beto is losing badly is what speaks to what people are thinking.
I'll stipulate the dem base is bewildered by the lgbt++++++++ stuff. But they aren't resisting meaningfully. Any more than the GOP did the neocons.

So, in the end the Dem pols are gonna bring us infinity queer clown world. Just like the GOP pols brought us infinity clown wars. And both are bringing us infinity poos/ragheads/beaners/etc.