Trump vs. ???

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Trump vs. ???

Post by Fat Cat »

As of today, Kamala is out. Trump is the Republican nominee. Who among the Democratic primary frontrunners can secure the nomination and then beat Trump?

I say Biden can easily win the Democratic nomination, but would lose by decapitation to Trump in the general.

I also don't think that Warren has the chops to swing with Trump; she's too obviously an amoral opportunist to take the high ground but nowhere near as capable of gutterfighting as Trump. It also remains to be seen (IMHO, doubtful) whether she can garner enough little Indians to have her tomahawk raised at the Democratic powwow.

In my view, the one person who is familiar enough, and consistent enough, to fuck with Trump is Bernie, with his own brand of angry populism. Sure, he's a Hebe, but he's from Vermont which makes him white by proximity. I think that if Bernie isn't the nominee, the Dems can forget 2020.

So wipe the sperm from your chin and share your thoughts: who can get through to the general that actually has the guns to beat Trump?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: Trump vs. ???

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Watching woke Twitter lose their minds today that everybody at the next debate is white has been a little tedious.

Trump disagrees with you on Biden. If Trump thought Biden was a laydown he wouldn't have had reason to solicit interference from Ukraine.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Who can get beat Pence is going to be the question.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:56 pm Watching woke Twitter lose their minds today that everybody at the next debate is white has been a little tedious.

Trump disagrees with you on Biden. If Trump thought Biden was a laydown he wouldn't have had reason to solicit interference from Ukraine.
I think that Trump is physically incapable of passing on an opportunity to shit on his opponents. I honestly doubt whether utility is even a consideration.

But do you really, really, deep down in your little Yankee heart, think that Biden can swing with Trump? He will catch a fucking bonespur to the throat.

Also, don't completely lose site of the fact that Hunter Biden is deeply corrupt, right down to his crack-smoking, dying brother's wife fucking, nepotizing black heart and it's all due to Joe Biden's influence peddling.
Last edited by Fat Cat on Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:58 pm Who can get beat Pence is going to be the question.
LOLNO. You can dream big but the whole Ukraine impeachment thing is going nowhere same way Russia did. But hey, there's a lot more countries in Eastern Europe, you can always try again.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Baby Yoda is any of the Democratic candidates for president.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Bernie is probably the best chance the Dems have of going toe to toe with Trump. But I honestly think Tulsi is the best candidate, and could easily face up with Trump in both the debates and the online wars. She and Bernie are probably the only two that could pull independents out of bed and actually get them to the polls next November. If Biden or Buttigieg (and most likely Warren) are up against Trump, he wins. They don't inspire any kind of excitement. Milquetoast isn't going to cut it.

Best of both worlds to me would be a Bernie/Tulsi ticket. She's strong on foreign policy where Bernie can come off a bit weak. And he'll be able to push his social agenda. Tulsi would also pull several moderate conservatives who otherwise would hold their nose and vote Trump.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I don't even know why people are still talking about Jeffrey Dahm...I mean Pete Buttigieg. No guy with a husband is becoming POTUS any time soon. In fact, if this photo doesn't make you squirm inside, you probably don't have any clue about the American socio-political soul and should stop making election predictions entirely.

Anyway, any discussion of this guy getting the nomination, much less beating Trump in the general is divorced from reality gay fanfic shit.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:00 am ...I honestly think Tulsi is the best candidate, and could easily face up with Trump in both the debates and the online wars...
That's No Malarkey.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:04 pm
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:56 pm Watching woke Twitter lose their minds today that everybody at the next debate is white has been a little tedious.

I think that Trump is physically incapable of passing on an opportunity to shit on his opponents. I honestly doubt whether utility is even a consideration.

But do you really, really, deep down in your little Yankee heart, think that Biden can swing with Trump? He will catch a fucking bonespur to the throat.

Also, don't completely lose site of the fact that Hunter Biden is deeply corrupt, right down to his crack-smoking, dying brother's wife fucking, nepotizing black heart and it's all due to Joe Biden's influence peddling.
I think more or less what the polling suggests, that Biden would win handily in the popular vote and in a somewhat close race in the EC. Trump very nearly lost to an extremely unpopular candidate, and his approval rating is one of someone who historically would be a one-termer.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

That’s very conventional of you. Since it seems like a Trump v Biden race is the likely outcome I suppose we’ll see? To me, from the perspective of the Left, anybody but Bernie is pure cope. If they run Biden they’ve already lost.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

If only there was some way to test how the Democrats would fare against Trump by running a centrist, corporatist, warhawk against him. :-k
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

It'll be the gay CIA agent. The masks off and our overlords are tired of pretending.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:05 pm If only there was some way to test how the Democrats would fare against Trump by running a centrist, corporatist, warhawk against him. :-k

That's what I was discussing with a friend; if you see Biden getting close to the nomination prepare yourself for a Hail Mary from Hillary at the DNC. Nobody wants that fucking goober anywhere near the nuke codes. No malarkey? Jesus Christ man.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Biden is decaying before our eyes. It's almost like parts of his face are falling off or he's pissing his pants.
He doesn't seem in control of himself. Leave aside the Ukraine corruption.

Trump may be an asshole, but he wants to be an asshole.
And if he's gaining minority voters as some polls suggest, it's TRUMP 2020...

...2024 and Beyond
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

That's why I can't see Biden being anybody's choice for the nomination. Nobody, on either side, feels confident of a Biden victory and that's no malarkey.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:14 pm That's why I can't see Biden being anybody's choice for the nomination. Nobody, on either side, feels confident of a Biden victory and that's no malarkey.
Trump certainly does, which is why he committed all of these impeachable acts.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I still don't really see how Biden is viewed as Trump's political opponent. Biden's political opponents are his fellow Democrats up until he secures the nomination, right? Only then would he and Trump be political opponents. But perhaps noted legal scholars Feldman and Karlan know something I don't?

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:34 pm
Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:05 pm If only there was some way to test how the Democrats would fare against Trump by running a centrist, corporatist, warhawk against him. :-k

That's what I was discussing with a friend; if you see Biden getting close to the nomination prepare yourself for a Hail Mary from Hillary at the DNC. Nobody wants that fucking goober anywhere near the nuke codes. No malarkey? Jesus Christ man.
You think Hillary could pull more votes than she did last time? Even with all the Trump drama I'm not so sure. And she knows this. No way she'll subject herself to another humiliation if there's even a hint she'll lose again.
If anything, the Dem party has moved further left than last time. But to be fair, Hillary is slightly to the right of Nixon. Not too hard to be left of her.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:01 pm I still don't really see how Biden is viewed as Trump's political opponent. Biden's political opponents are his fellow Democrats up until he secures the nomination, right? Only then would he and Trump be political opponents. But perhaps noted legal scholars Feldman and Karlan know something I don't?
Actions speak louder than words, and Trump using Hunter to go after Biden says he is worried. Or the flip side... Biden is the guy he wants to run against, because he thinks he can get foreigners to help him again.

We know about the Ukraine clusterfuck because Ukraine balked. I wonder which countries haven't balked when pressured by Trump to act in his own personal interest.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

nafod wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:42 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:01 pm I still don't really see how Biden is viewed as Trump's political opponent. Biden's political opponents are his fellow Democrats up until he secures the nomination, right? Only then would he and Trump be political opponents. But perhaps noted legal scholars Feldman and Karlan know something I don't?
Actions speak louder than words, and Trump using Hunter to go after Biden says he is worried. Or the flip side... Biden is the guy he wants to run against, because he thinks he can get foreigners to help him again.

We know about the Ukraine clusterfuck because Ukraine balked. I wonder which countries haven't balked when pressured by Trump to act in his own personal interest.
You may be right or he may want to run against him because he's a hair sniffing, kids rubbing his leg hairs, weirdo dolt with a sadly dysfunctional and, arguably weirder, child anchor around his neck.

He's a public wife finger nibbler too. Not that I judge foreplay Biden style.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:34 pmYou think Hillary could pull more votes than she did last time? Even with all the Trump drama I'm not so sure. And she knows this. No way she'll subject herself to another humiliation if there's even a hint she'll lose again.
If anything, the Dem party has moved further left than last time. But to be fair, Hillary is slightly to the right of Nixon. Not too hard to be left of her.
The Clinton fundraising engine has been the bedrock of the Democratic National Committee for a very long time.

While I don't necessarily think that Hillary is capable of a win in the general, she's come close enough before and has enough influence over the DNC that she could muscle her way into the nomination if there was enough doubt about Biden or some other front-runner's ability to gain victory.

That's my thought, and oh by the way, Donna Brazile's thought too and she was interim chair of the DNC, twice.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Absolutely not a CIA agent

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/pete- ... ri18n=true

And it is all coincidence so many (mostly female and/or gay) ex agents are running for public office.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:10 pm Absolutely not a CIA agent

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/pete- ... ri18n=true

And it is all coincidence so many (mostly female and/or gay) ex agents are running for public office.
How interesting. I had not heard anything about this so keep us posted if you see any details emerge. Nafod will, no doubt, try to discourage you but that's no reason not to seek the truth.