Pavhole on Rogan

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Pavhole on Rogan

Post by Turdacious »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm0GNWSKzYs
Discuss. You know you all listened to it.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Re: Pavhole on Rogan

Post by Turdacious »

For the lurkers-- never forget.
freido egghead.jpg
freido egghead.jpg (11.78 KiB) Viewed 7292 times
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Oh, I missed that one! I was wondering when it's gonna happen, actually.

Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes »

I listened to it. Pavel seemed a lot more logical that I thought he would be.
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Why is he wearing a headset?
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

JasonC
Gunny

Post by JasonC »

Finally! For years I've been wondering why Rogan hadn't already interviewed him.
leansoliddogs.blog

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

I'm just starting listening to this. I've never listened to Joe Rogan before.

Joe Rogan starts off saying he has been following Pavel for years.

The first few minutes - Pavel retells the story of him and Marty Gallagher and kettlebells which anyone who has followed Pavel has heard ten times.
Joe can't seem to let go that Pavel didn't think KBs would be popular in the states. "Why? Why didn't you think they would be popular? Why? You really didn't think they would be popular?" And it's like Joe....who fucking cares? He didn't think they would be popular....
Then Pavel mentions Milo of Joe is acting like he has never heard of Milo and the calf......

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

I've paid almost zero attention to the allegations around Pavel, but an hour and twenty minutes were more than enough for me to doubt everything he says. The final straw for me was when he flatly refused to tell Rogan how old he is. The only reason I can think of for him to do that is to not be pinned down on any specifics.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

For those who don't lick chinks.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

I must say, it was one of the most informative episodes of Rogan's podcast in a while. It wasn't as much of an interview as it was Pavel's presentation. And it was dense and smooth. Their seminar sales will go through the roof after this, no doubt. If I had to pinpoint one useful point in all this it would be the idea that you don't have to kill yourself in order to get stronger and fitter. Staying on the same weigh for a long time until it feels too light, A+A training for fitness, avoiding metcon feel, limiting volume and increasing frequency etc. Everything against the mentality of more and harder. This is his trademark, and I guess that's the central marketing point of his school.

At the same time I can't help but wondering about a few things. How and why the organisation he has built has so much wankery? Why is every meaningful discussion - that is beyond question of how to use the pavelizer or the best brand of dice for randomising workouts - is shut down? And Freido's encouragement to members to rat on each others about things "offensive', even on personal training logs. Especially on personal logs, because he is not reading them regularly and foul content may escape his attention.

It is peculiar how he avoids questions about his past. Concealing the age is cute and innocent, but potentially there may be more serious reasons for doing it. I don't want to speculate or doubt his bio (whatever pieces of it are there), the man does enough good to let him off the hook.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Sangoma wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:39 am I had an erect rod the entire episode

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:12 pm I could only keep my rod hard for about an hour.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:08 pm

For those who don't lick chinks.
Stop sucking up to -s-.

JasonC
Gunny

Post by JasonC »

Freido wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:39 am It wasn't as much of an interview as it was Pavel's penetration. And it was dense and smooth, more and harder.
I wank to the foul content on the offensive training logs.
leansoliddogs.blog

Mr Clean
Gunny

Post by Mr Clean »

I've interviewed/interrogated people for over 30 years and Pavel shows some serious signs of deception throughout this interview. His first response to the question of when he started lifting kettlebells. Raised his arm to answer the question. He was like a cat on a hot tin roof during the whole thing. Something strange happened when he got up to get more tea. I'm not a Pavel hater but it is what it is.

Pavel's a great gatherer of information. Weather he has actually done these things is another matter.

motherjuggs&speed

When you say you've interviewed/interrogated people, in what context is that? Business, military, beating confessions out of people???

Everything about Pavel's responses shouts dishonesty.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Generally I’d find this to be a huge red flag, but one of Pavel’s idiosyncrasies is he’s reflexively super-private even about matters that are irrelevant.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:36 am Generally I’d find this to be a huge red flag, but one of Pavel’s idiosyncrasies is he’s reflexively super-private even about matters that are irrelevant.
Stop being a tip licker.

What kind shit is this....not being willing to give your age. Are you 45? 55? 75?

And when did you start using KBs....8? 12? 25?

I don't have time for this nonsense and neither do you.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Freido wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:39 am It wasn't as much of an interview as it was Pavel's penetration. And it was dense and smooth, more and harder.
I wank to the foul content on the offensive training logs.

Bob Guccione weeps.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

newguy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:23 am
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:36 am Generally I’d find this to be a huge red flag, but one of Pavel’s idiosyncrasies is he’s reflexively super-private even about matters that are irrelevant.
Stop being a tip licker.
I am not saying it’s not weird, it most certainly is. I’m saying that in the case of John Davies and others, it was a strong leading indicator that they were completely full of shit, including their technical knowledge. I don’t think that’s the case for Pavel.

JasonC
Gunny

Post by JasonC »

Mr Clean wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:47 pm I've interviewed/interrogated people for over 30 years and Pavel shows some serious signs of deception throughout this interview. His first response to the question of when he started lifting kettlebells. Raised his arm to answer the question. He was like a cat on a hot tin roof during the whole thing. Something strange happened when he got up to get more tea. I'm not a Pavel hater but it is what it is.
The tea break/Crossfit question was bizarre and awkward. It's the most obvious question in the world, and he must get it at every seminar--does he really not have a canned, diplomatic answer? I'm the shittiest businessman in the world, but even I could have ginned up a gentle, "different strokes," "it's all good," PR-approved answer to that question if I were drunk and asleep at the same time.

It was weird.
leansoliddogs.blog

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

I don't think Pavel gets too many questions at his seminars. I think asking him about Crossfit at a seminar is the same as asking the Pope on his opinion about Islam. That's the thing with StrongFirst: you don't question things; shut up and do protocol 034. Then report the results.

motherjuggs&speed

Fundamentalists do not want to hear any questions, let alone disagreements. Cults are worse of course.

Edit: cut out some tired spewage

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

No interest in listening to a liar and his dick rider. Pass.

Cotter looks like a prophet.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Mr Clean wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:47 pm I've interviewed/interrogated people for over 30 years and Pavel shows some serious signs of deception throughout this interview. His first response to the question of when he started lifting kettlebells. Raised his arm to answer the question. He was like a cat on a hot tin roof during the whole thing. Something strange happened when he got up to get more tea. I'm not a Pavel hater but it is what it is.

Pavel's a great gatherer of information. Weather he has actually done these things is another matter.
This is exactly my impression now that I watched the first 25 minutes or so. When I was doing my psychology internship I dealt with sex predators and had to take training in forensic psychology including looking for physical and verbal tells of deceit. His body language, his intentionally vague and evasive responses, and the way that he dominated the discussion so that he could guide the content all screamed bullshit.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen