Pickle juice

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Pickle juice

Post by Sangoma » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:47 pm

it's happening. I saw a clip from a Russian comedy TV show where they mentioned recent craze of pickle juice among fitness fanatics in the US. What has been traditionally used by Russian alcoholics to relieve hangovers is not scientifically proven recovery drink.

The frenzy on fitness sites is hilarious. Google search for "pickle juice for fitness" returned 11,300,000 results.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pickle+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Pickle juice

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:48 pm

IMHO, rassolnik (рассольник) is one of the finest things for a hangover there is. And I know a thing or two about hangovers.
"You can’t talk with communists, you have to kill them." -Józef Mackiewicz

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:52 am

To relieve a hangover you need something with salt and/or fat. Pickle juice, rassolnik, Armenian/Georgian soup hach (хач) and my personal favorite sauerkraut juice are all good choices. Not to forget the primary cure for a hangover - alcohol itself. With all of the above. It's called "опохмел". I believe the English term is "the hair of the dog".

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:43 pm

I use 2/3 pickle juice and 1/3 gatorade in my water bottles on my rides in the summer. Really helps with cramps.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:23 pm

Never tried it myself, but I know it's THE THING with endurance cyclists in the heat. To the point that the rest stations in the Dirty Kanza 200 mile dirt road race stock bottles of the stuff.
I could see it working for low intensity all day type of effort, but no way I could get that stuff down in the face of a real race effort. Might be good for recovery after a hard workout running at the track or intervals on the bike.
I'm guessing it'll be like the beet juice was a few years ago. Every triathlete that came into our shop was talking about drinking beet juice there for a while. Reminds me of the old story about Arnold getting someone to cram M&M's up their ass back stage before a contest, telling them it would bring out the cuts or some such nonsense. You could probably get triathletes to drink their own piss if you told them it had the exact electrolyte balance for their physiology. \:D/
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.