What to make of the election?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

His approval is down with Mitt Romney. Romney will be the first Senator to vote to convict a President from his own party.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... mp/606127/
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:43 pm You guys are dodging the hard question: wtf is happening in Iowa?
The Dems are busy convincing us they can run healthcare for the entire country. Obamacare Exchange rollout redux.

LOL at getting impeached for going after a 4th place non-podium finisher. Although maybe he came in 4th because of the slagging?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:45 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:43 pm You guys are dodging the hard question: wtf is happening in Iowa?
The Dems are busy convincing us they can run healthcare for the entire country. Obamacare Exchange rollout redux.

LOL at getting impeached for going after a 4th place non-podium finisher. Although maybe he came in 4th because of the slagging?
So are you willing to admit that Biden isn't Trump's political rival?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:50 pm
nafod wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:45 pm

So are you willing to admit that Biden isn't Trump's political rival?
Are you attempting to imply Trump used Rudy and henchman Parnas to get Ukraine to announce an investigation of Biden on principle?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Those are your words. But I am suggesting that it's hard to characterize Biden as a rival.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:19 pm His approval is down with Mitt Romney. Romney will be the first Senator to vote to convict a President from his own party.
Better sharpen the pikes

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:54 pm Those are your words. But I am suggesting that it's hard to characterize Biden as a rival.
I expect he thinks/thought Biden his strongest rival.

The idea that a man who ran a corrupt charity that he had to pay $2M in penalties for, that he would ever be anything other than jealous of someone else's corruption is pretty humorous.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I see. What you think he thinks. What was the old saying about making assumptions?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:05 pm I see. What you think he thinks. What was the old saying about making assumptions?
More like making a bet. Never bet on Trump telling the truth.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I actually think he's kept more of his campaign promises than most. But I get what you're saying.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Trump acquitted 52-48. Let's hug it out my brahs.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... -02-05-20/

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

COMPLETE AND TOTAL EXONERATION

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

If the glove doesn't fit, the Senate must acquit.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

Mitt Romney was an excellent governor in Massachusetts. He fucked up in the 3rd debate vs. the First Kenyan, and he's gotten dumber and more deranged since then. He has taken the place of Jeff Flake as the village idiot of the Republican wing of the Senate. Fucking turncoat.

Nancy Pelosi is such a twat. Trump didn't shake Pence's hand either. She started out passive aggressive with the introduction, and went full hostile, tearing up the speech.

How do you think the people Trump introduced felt about that?

I've seen less petulance from a teenager after a parent took the car keys.

Democrats can't figure out their shit in Iowa, Trump at 49% (that will get bumped) Stock market on fire for everyone (pensions, 401k's, IRA's) and now an acquittal.

This will be a landslide. America isn't going to elect, a gay, a Jew, or a woman.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Hanglow Joe wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:24 ammerica isn't going to elect, a gay...
Pete wouldn't even be the first gay president.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Trump just shit the bed at the National Prayer Breakfast. Deficit has gone up to almost unthinkable levels. He loves North Korea.

One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

nafod wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:55 pm
Hanglow Joe wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:24 ammerica isn't going to elect, a gay...
Pete wouldn't even be the first gay president.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

The State of the Union/Excuse to Go Clothes Shopping

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Bitches shouldn't vote. 19th amendment was the biggest self own of all time.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Looks like Butt Judge is packing it in (heh) and going back to being a faggot. Was amusing watching MSM try to force him down people's throats (heh).

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Klobuchar also dropping out and endorsing Biden. A little surprising to see Democrats being good at politics.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:27 pm Klobuchar also dropping out and endorsing Biden. A little surprising to see Democrats being good at politics.
This is DNC coordinated; all the moderates like Butt Judge are pulling out (heh) from behind (heh) to throw their delegates behind Biden and block Bernie's ascendancy.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:44 pm Looks like Butt Judge is packing it in (heh) and going back to being a faggot. Was amusing watching MSM try to force him down people's throats (heh).

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:22 pm
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:27 pm Klobuchar also dropping out and endorsing Biden. A little surprising to see Democrats being good at politics.
This is DNC coordinated; all the moderates like Butt Judge are pulling out (heh) from behind (heh) to throw their delegates behind Biden and block Bernie's ascendancy.
Bernie's polling at 29% nationally, which is the highest he's ever polled. He's received fewer votes than Biden so far. You don't exactly have to form a conspiracy to beat a guy polling at 29%, you just need to split the vote amongst fewer people.

Bernie is below where Trump was just before Super Tuesday 2016. Had Jeb!, Rubio, Kasich, Cruz, etc. decided to bow out sooner, better things may have happened.