Trayvon Martin Hoax movie

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: Trayvon Martin Hoax movie

Post by nafod »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:51 pm Fuck

The State was not intending to bring charges because they evaluated the case as one of self-defense.
What was the rationale for self-defense? How did they dismiss the scenario I just gave?

I just let the process run itself out back in 2008, or whenever it happened. Did not pay close attention.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

So you don't know anything about the trial?

Is that what you are telling me?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I'm pretty sure he was acquitted.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:33 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 pmThe star witness wasn't even the actual witness.
There was no star witness. There was no hoax. You live in a fantasy world.
I can almost picture your face pinching up as you type this.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Sua Sponte
Gunny

Post by Sua Sponte »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:02 pm Zimmerman would have gone to trial with no witness testimony at all.

CCL/CCW courses are pretty clear that you need to be particularly careful about nonlethal/nonviolent confrontations when carrying, because you can be held responsible for escalations. A specific example cited is, gun owner argues over parking spot in lot, gets out of car. A fight breaks out, gun owner is losing, his gun could be taken by the other person, and he shoots other person. Gun owner is very likely at least going to trial. Cops will ask questions like "Why did you get out of your car?"

Zimmerman went out with his gun literally looking for trouble. He followed somebody he thought was suspicious while armed, which he wasn't empowered or trained to do. He was allegedly attacked, and shot and killed the person. This is a scenario in which you would expect Zimmerman to go to trial, especially once it was established that the kid he killed was staying with family in the neighborhood.

There was literally nothing unusual about this going to trial. It is what you'd expect. It's what they teach people who want to carry a gun.

The only thing remarkable about all this is that a certain group of white Americans still stew about it years after acquittal.
McWhorter and Lowry cover this in their podcast. What was published in the press was a highly edited version of the 911 tapes. It's not what you think or have been led to believe.

Also covered was Zimmerman was not actively pursuing Martin. He was standing still and Martin attacked from the bushes.

Zimmerman was grounded and pounded to near unconsciousness.

You do know that the only legal ground that Martin would have been able to take if he were not shot is Stand Your Ground. There was no other reason for Martin to attack.

The only true statement here is that if Zimmerman had stayed in the car Martin would most likely still be alive.

Really. Listen to the podcast. You are only repeating the narrative that McWhorter and Lowry dissect in their conversation.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

In all fairness, don't you guys get major douche chills from Zimmerman? He just looks like a massive shithead to me.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

The response to Spells was one of the finest things I've read on IGx recently. Kudos Benjamin

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

OK, I read the wikipedia page. Tragedy all around.

Why is this a thing now? Trayvon's been buried for a while.

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:08 pm In all fairness, don't you guys get major douche chills from Zimmerman? He just looks like a massive shithead to me.
That's regionalist. You're just hating on him for being from Central Florida.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:09 pm Let me just re-iterate for the record that I think your opinions are worthless and boring and uninsightful.

I also think that given a chance, you'd have reported the majority of the old posters here to HR or their wives. It's obvious to me that your presence had been instrumental in killing this board.

Your relentless re-capitulation of facebook-tier bien-pensant neoliberalism and the overwhelming sense that you'd report us all to HR or doxx us if you could chills the conversation.

No one likes a narc and if you were to leave, we'd see a significant uptick in use.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Dang Benny did a verbal SHORYUKEN from Street Fighter on the Spells, who's wobbly now.

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:08 pm In all fairness, don't you guys get major douche chills from Zimmerman? He just looks like a massive shithead to me.
Yeah. Absolutely.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Alright, still business as usual around here I see since I’ve been on hiatus.

Fuck. I should make a training log here again.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

DO IT. Ain't no brakes on this crazy train!

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:09 pm bien-pensant
appreciate the new term, haha, staying out of this argument tho
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

vern

Post by vern »

Props to the filmmaker for doing some serious leg work.
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

motherjuggs&speed

The lawyer Benjamin Crump represented TM's parents. Crump has been involved in some cases where people were accused who turned out to be innocent. There was the Brian Bell case, where a high school kid was accused of murder despite zero evidence and proof that he couldn't have been there.

"Bell was a high-school football player in Valdosta, Georgia. He and his brother were accused of murdering a black student during school hours.
Both had airtight alibis and were cleared by law enforcement, but the allegations caused FSU to rescind its scholarship offer to Bell. The person who pushed the hoax was Tallahassee-based lawyer Benjamin Crump, who is the Martin family’s attorney."

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ ... olumn.html
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion ... story.html

Crump got involved in the Martin case.

"He was referred by two lawyer friends to the case of Trayvon Martin. The lawyers said that the parents were in dire need of representation and that with Crump’s record in civil rights cases he would be particularly useful.

“I told them that I would consider it once Zimmerman was arrested,” Crump said. “I just knew the police would arrest him based on what we knew about the case. But by the end of that week, he wasn’t arrested. It became clear that this was an outrage and the family needed legal representation.”

He added, “I spoke with Trayvon’s father and I heard the sadness in his voice. I knew I had to get involved.”"

https://www.bet.com/news/national/2012/ ... cases.html

So we know that at least one person in the mix has a history of pushing a narrative despite the facts:

"In a 2006 profile in the FSU Law School's magazine, Jesse Jackson praised Crump's ability to generate publicity for a case. Crump's spokesman said that did not happen here.

"He's had no involvement with FSU and their decision," Crump communications manager Adner Marcelin said. "His only involvement has been on the legal side of the case."

A press conference is not usually considered a legal forum. Crump held one two weeks ago in Jonesboro, Ark.

"Does anybody really believe Kendrick Johnson climbed into that wrestling mat and got stuck and died?" he asked.

Crump has been promoting "Kendrick's Law," saying all it takes to become a coroner in many states is a GED degree. He insinuated on an Atlanta TV show last month that the coroner who ruled Johnson's death was accidental had only a high school diploma.

That coroner, Dr. Maryanne Gaffney-Kraft, has a doctoral degree in Osteopathic Medicine."

motherjuggs&speed

Zimmerman was not going to be charged originally. Here's the timeline:

Trayvon Martin shooting: A timeline of events

By Julia Dahl

July 12, 2013 / 5:11 PM / CBS News

(CBS) The Feb. 26 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Sanford, Fla., spilled over onto the national stage, sparking protests, debate and a personal statement from President Obama. The case has raised questions about race, guns and justice, and led to numerous federal, state and local investigations.

Pictures: Trayvon Martin protests

Below is a timeline of how the story evolved from a small-town shooting to a national controversy.
Top Crime Stories Of Summer 2013

Severed human leg washes up on Chicago beach
Thieves pepper spray store clerks for hair extensions
Opening statements postponed in Whitey Bulger trial

February 26, 2012 - George Zimmerman shoots Trayvon Martin while the 17-year-old is walking back from a convenience store in Sanford, Fla., where he purchased a pack of Skittles candy and iced tea. Zimmerman tells police he killed the teen in self-defense after a scuffle. He is taken into custody but soon released. No charges are filed.

March 8, 2012 - Martin's parents, Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, create a Change.org petition calling for Zimmerman's arrest.

March 9, 2012 - Attorney Benjamin Crump tells the Miami Herald he has filed a suit on behalf of Trayvon Martin's parents to get public records in the case. Crump is best known for his work on the case of Martin Anderson, a black Florida teen who died after being beaten by guards at a boot-camp style detention camp in 2006.

March 15, 2012 - George Zimmerman's father, Robert Zimmerman, delivers a letter to the Orlando Sentinel. The letter reads, in part: "At no time did George follow or confront Mr. Martin. When the true details of the event become public, and I hope that will be soon, everyone should be outraged by the treatment of George Zimmerman in the media."

Robert Zimmerman's letter addresses the race issue. Up until this time, media had been referring to Zimmerman as white, but his father says he is Hispanic.

March 13-15, 2012 - The story goes national. The Atlantic, Crimesider, the Huffington Post, and the New York Times all run stories on the case. Cable news stations and morning news shows interview Crump and Martin's parents.

- A group called the New Black Liberation militia announces its members will travel to Florida to attempt a citizen's arrest of Zimmerman.

March 16, 2012 - The Sanford Police Department releases the 911 calls from Feb. 26 to Martin's family - and later to the public. The recordings include audio of Zimmerman referring to Trayvon Martin as "suspicious," as well as screams overheard when a neighbor called in a disturbance. Martin's family believes the screams are his; Zimmerman's family say they are Zimmerman's.

March 19, 2012 - The Department of Justice announces it will investigate the shooting.

March 20, 2012 - Benjamin Crump tells reporters at a press conference that he has deposed a young woman who says she was on the phone with Martin moments before he was killed. Crump says the girl told him Martin said, "I think this dude is following me."

- The Seminole County State Attorney's office announces they will convene a grand jury on April 10 to hear evidence in the case.

March 21, 2012 - The Sanford City Council votes "no confidence" in police chief Bill Lee, Jr.

March 22, 2012 - Sanford police chief Bill Lee announces he will resign "temporarily."

Rallies calling for George Zimmerman's arrest start taking place across the country. Al Sharpton and NAACP President Ben Jealous join Martin's parents and hundreds of others at a rally in Sanford. In New York City, hundreds of people attend a "Million Hoodie March," wearing T-shirts and carrying signs bearing phrases including, "I am Trayvon Martin."

March 23, 2012 - President Barack Obama comments on the case, saying he thinks the shooting should be investigated and telling reporters: "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

- Florida Gov. Rick Scott appoints state attorney Angela Corey as a special prosecutor to look into the case. He also creates a task force to look into the state's "stand your ground" self-defense law, which has come under fire nationwide.

March 26, 2012 - Martin's family confirms that Martin had been in Sanford visiting his father because he was suspended from school after school officers found a plastic bag containing traces of marijuana in his backpack.

March 29, 2012 - Video is released showing George Zimmerman in police custody and without visible injuries approximately an hour after the shooting is released. Later, enhanced video appears to show a mark or injury to his head.

- Director Spike Lee apologizes after re-tweeting the address of a family with a son named William George Zimmerman to his hundreds of thousands of followers. He later settles with the family.

April 3, 2012 - The FBI announces it has opened its own investigation into the Martin shooting.

April 9, 2012 - The public hears from George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since soon after the shooting, for the first time when he launches TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com, which allows people to donate to a fund for his legal defense and living expenses.

- Special prosecutor Angela Corey announces she will not convene a grand jury in the case. Prior to Corey's appointment, the Seminole County State's Attorney office has said it would convene a grand jury on April 10.

April 10, 2012 - Zimmerman's attorneys, Hal Uhrig and Craig Sonner, announce that they have not been in contact with him for two days and are no longer representing him. At a news conference, they tell reporters that Zimmerman set up his website without consulting them and that he attempted to contact the special prosecutor without their knowledge. They also say Zimmerman called and spoke "off the record" with Fox News host Sean Hannity, also without their knowledge.

They reveal that they have never met Zimmerman in person but that they believe he is still in the United States.

- Special prosecutor Angela Corey announces she will release information in the case within 72 hours.

April 11, 2012 - Special prosecutor Angela Corey announces that Zimmerman is being charged with second-degree murder in the shooting and that he is in police custody.

June 12, 2013 - Shellie Zimmerman, George Zimmerman's wife, was arrested for perjury after allegedly lying to a judge about the couple's finances during her husband's bond hearing.

May 28, 2013 - A Florida judge ruled that George Zimmerman's defense may not bring up Trayvon Martin's past marijuana use, school suspensions or fighting at trial without another ruling granting them permission.

June 10, 2013 - The trial launches with jury selection.

motherjuggs&speed

Based on Zimmerman's account (which the cops believed) and the physical evidence, second degree murder should never have been charged.

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/florida-l ... -laws.html

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Nice. MJ&S.

Crump is in on this jogger who got shot recently wearing timbs and carrying a hammer.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

For the love of Jesse Jackson.......

George Zimmerman is a grade A moron and the poster child for why 97% of americans, police included, should not be allowed to carry a gun. If anyone every argues gun rights, 2nd amendment, whatever, all you need to do is hold up a picture of george fucking zimmerman.

He got charged with 2nd degree murder and never should have.........boo fucking hoo.

Here is a bit of advice. Don't walk around with a gun. Don't chase people. Don't be surprised when people you were chasing double back to confront you. Don't get bitch scared when you start losing the fight and shoot to kill.

Really, just don't shoot and kill people and you won't be arrested for 2nd degree murder.

I don't care that Trayvon isn't a saint. Neither are most of you and hopefully when you were all 17 you had enough balls and testosterone to not appreciate being chased by wannabe mall cops and might actually have fought once or twice.
Last edited by newguy on Fri May 08, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Calm down nancy

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

newguy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:59 pm George Zimmerman is a grade A moron and the poster child for why 97% of americans, police included, should not be allowed to carry a gun. If anyone every argues gun rights, 2nd amendment, whatever, all you need to do is hold up a picture of george fucking zimmerman.
WRONG. That's like saying that 97% of Americans shouldn't be allowed free speech because you just said something very, very stupid. Please try again, with more logic and intellectual rigor.
newguy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:59 pmReally, just don't shoot and kill people and you won't be arrested for 2nd degree murder.
This part I agree with Spells, whom I hope you uncivil baboons haven't run off. If you shoot another citizen dead, you should have a reasonable expectation to be arrested and investigated, particularly when all the facts are not immediately obvious, as was the case here. Nobody in their right minds thinks this whole clusterfuck was anything but tragic or that the ridiculous public sensation didn't elevate it to the comedic.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:29 pm
newguy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:59 pm George Zimmerman is a grade A moron and the poster child for why 97% of americans, police included, should not be allowed to carry a gun. If anyone every argues gun rights, 2nd amendment, whatever, all you need to do is hold up a picture of george fucking zimmerman.
WRONG. That's like saying that 97% of Americans shouldn't be allowed free speech because you just said something very, very stupid. Please try again, with more logic and intellectual rigor.
newguy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:59 pmReally, just don't shoot and kill people and you won't be arrested for 2nd degree murder.
This part I agree with Spells, whom I hope you uncivil baboons haven't run off. If you shoot another citizen dead, you should have a reasonable expectation to be arrested and investigated, particularly when all the facts are not immediately obvious, as was the case here. Nobody in their right minds thinks this whole clusterfuck was anything but tragic or that the ridiculous public sensation didn't elevate it to the comedic.
Saying something stupid can't be equated with pulling a trigger and putting bullets in a body.

Sorry. I see zero reason for george zimmerman to have the right to own a gun and carry it. The asshole wasn't in the woods hunting deer to feed his family. He wasn't sitting at home defending his property. He was carrying it around and someone is dead because of it. And shit like that happens all the time because 97% of people are stupid.

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Really glad you came on here to vent about how you don't like guns. Thanks. It was totally fucking irrelevant and self-indulgent but thanks.