We're gonna be here a while

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

We're gonna be here a while

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Re: We're gonna be here a while

Post by newguy »

Wait.....when is this bastard going to rotate????

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

The last proton in the universe will likely decay into a pion and anti-electron in 10^34 to 10^37 years, so he'll rotate in trillions and trillions and trillions of times the lifespan of our universe.
The earth will be engulfed by the sun going red giant in a few billion years and that little bastard won't have moved enough for us to even measure.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

And yet, amazingly, I don't have time for this.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:05 pm The last proton in the universe will likely decay into a pion and anti-electron in 10^34 to 10^37 years, so he'll rotate in trillions and trillions and trillions of times the lifespan of our universe.
The earth will be engulfed by the sun going red giant in a few billion years and that little bastard won't have moved enough for us to even measure.
Well that's anticlimatic.

Why you spending all your time building shit that no one is ever going to see work????

Why not build one of those little dogs that you wind up and it does a back flip. Those are great.

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

newguy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:50 pmWhy you spending all your time building shit that no one is ever going to see work????
To show everyone how much smarter he is than everyone else. And the not working thing is a feature, not a bug. If you try to do something and fail, you can look dumb. But if you just make a little demo of a basic concept, people will say how clever!. He's probably end up with a MacArthur grant.

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:10 pm
newguy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:50 pmWhy you spending all your time building shit that no one is ever going to see work????
To show everyone how much smarter he is than everyone else. And the not working thing is a feature, not a bug. If you try to do something and fail, you can look dumb. But if you just make a little demo of a basic concept, people will say how clever!. He's probably end up with a MacArthur grant.
The fuck are you talking about? The gearing works perfectly fine and the only advanced concept on display here is how to multiply fractions and maybe how to build a sun gear.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

People are so impatient
Don’t believe everything you think.

motherjuggs&speed

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:30 pm
motherjuggs&speed wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:10 pm
The fuck are you talking about? The gearing works perfectly fine and the only advanced concept on display here is how to multiply fractions and maybe how to build a sun gear.
Please learn to read. I get that you can't understand what you read, but at least be honest about what was posted.. :dense:

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

How is this kid showing how much smarter he is than anyone? He's demonstrating simple engineering principles that most people pick up in middle school if not earlier. He's not even trying to be "clever". You said the not working thing is a feature, I said it works exactly as designed. The mechanism just takes a while to run its course.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:23 pm How is this kid showing how much smarter he is than anyone? He's demonstrating simple engineering principles that most people pick up in middle school if not earlier. He's not even trying to be "clever". You said the not working thing is a feature, I said it works exactly as designed. The mechanism just takes a while to run its course.
You clearly went to a much better middle school than I did.

motherjuggs&speed

AEN, you have shit for brains. I will make this as simple as I can. Any kid could make that. The maker of the video wanted something he could put up which took zero knowledge or skill but would impress the kind of people who are amazed by fire walking.

I see you are struggling with comprehension. Because you're stupid, you thought that I meant his little toy didn't work. What I meant, which I think is obvious to everyone but you, is that the pointlessness is the point, that he can't think of anything hard but wants attention.

I admit I should be more clear. I have to remember that some of the people reading are functionally retarded.

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

newguy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:34 pm
Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:23 pm How is this kid showing how much smarter he is than anyone? He's demonstrating simple engineering principles that most people pick up in middle school if not earlier. He's not even trying to be "clever". You said the not working thing is a feature, I said it works exactly as designed. The mechanism just takes a while to run its course.
To be fair, my physical science teacher was top shelf. He's probably the reason I went to engineering school, like a lot of my classmates did. He's the type of teacher you only come across a couple of times in life.

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:38 pm AEN, you have shit for brains. I will make this as simple as I can. Any kid could make that. The maker of the video wanted something he could put up which took zero knowledge or skill but would impress the kind of people who are amazed by fire walking.

I see you are struggling with comprehension. Because you're stupid, you thought that I meant his little toy didn't work. What I meant, which I think is obvious to everyone but you, is that the pointlessness is the point, that he can't think of anything hard but wants attention.

I admit I should be more clear. I have to remember that some of the people reading are functionally retarded.
You can fuck right off. You're probably the douche bag who shit on his HS teacher for demonstrating gravity with a rubber sheet and marbles in.
I hope you don't have kids, for their sake.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:38 pm AEN, you have shit for brains. I will make this as simple as I can. Any kid could make that. The maker of the video wanted something he could put up which took zero knowledge or skill but would impress the kind of people who are amazed by fire walking.

Good point Mother Jugg.

He should have made one of those little dogs that flips when you wind it up and have it flip onto fire. That would be cool.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:48 pm
newguy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:34 pm
To be fair, my physical science teacher was top shelf. He's probably the reason I went to engineering school, like a lot of my classmates did. He's the type of teacher you only come across a couple of times in life.
Nice. Great teachers are still underestimated and underappreciated.