Taibbi: The Left Has Lost Its Mind

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Taibbi: The Left Has Lost Its Mind

Post by Fat Cat »

It feels liberating to say after years of tiptoeing around the fact, but the American left has lost its mind. It’s become a cowardly mob of upper-class social media addicts, Twitter Robespierres who move from discipline to discipline torching reputations and jobs with breathtaking casualness.

The leaders of this new movement are replacing traditional liberal beliefs about tolerance, free inquiry, and even racial harmony with ideas so toxic and unattractive that they eschew debate, moving straight to shaming, threats, and intimidation. They are counting on the guilt-ridden, self-flagellating nature of traditional American progressives, who will not stand up for themselves, and will walk to the Razor voluntarily.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-news- ... aFhXUjKPMQ
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Taibbi: The Left Has Lost Its Mind

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Matt's been on the ball about the modern left eating itself from the inside. You should check out his Useful Idiots podcast. He and Katie Halper go over current political shit and have some pretty interesting guests. He's also on the Jimmy Dore show a good bit.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:17 pm It feels liberating to say after years of tiptoeing around the fact, but the American left has lost its mind. It’s become a cowardly mob of upper-class social media addicts, Twitter Robespierres who move from discipline to discipline torching reputations and jobs with breathtaking casualness.

The leaders of this new movement are replacing traditional liberal beliefs about tolerance, free inquiry, and even racial harmony with ideas so toxic and unattractive that they eschew debate, moving straight to shaming, threats, and intimidation. They are counting on the guilt-ridden, self-flagellating nature of traditional American progressives, who will not stand up for themselves, and will walk to the Razor voluntarily.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-news- ... aFhXUjKPMQ
I didn't think it was possible to fairly and logically sum it up in two short paragraphs, but there you go.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

The were showing some BLM bullshit protest in wherever the fuck--Seattle, I think--yesterday, and some cave bitch was referencing the French revolution, asking the crowd, “Does anybody know what happened to the people who did not get on board with the French Revolution?”

“CHOPPED,” the crowd answered.

These faggots didn't read the end of the Jacobin's story apparently.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Here's Matt on The Hill defending his position after the usual media shit the bed over his truth telling:
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Can't listen now, summarize plz.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Basics:
Cancel culture on the left has made it so toxic to say anything that's contrary to the accepted narrative that it's now impossible to point out obvious flaws in that narrative. No dissenting voice will be tolerated. And the mere accusation of being opposite the narrative can be a career killer i.e. being accused of racism or homophobia for pointing out a flaw in the logic of the left. That fear of getting "canceled" has pretty much shut down any real dialogue.
Also, anything that falls in line with the narrative is immediately reported as fact with pretty much zero vetting.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Basically it's "Lysenkoism... it's not just for biology anymore!"
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

That was a very well written, albeit way tooooooo long, response to the fuckery going on.

The left and the right need to be open to their sides being incorrect. Blindly stating to defund the police is as inane as ignoring the validity of introducing police reforms.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:13 am Basics:
Cancel culture on the left has made it so toxic to say anything that's contrary to the accepted narrative that it's now impossible to point out obvious flaws in that narrative. No dissenting voice will be tolerated. And the mere accusation of being opposite the narrative can be a career killer i.e. being accused of racism or homophobia for pointing out a flaw in the logic of the left. That fear of getting "canceled" has pretty much shut down any real dialogue.
Also, anything that falls in line with the narrative is immediately reported as fact with pretty much zero vetting.
I'm starting to truly believe that the world runs in somewhat predictable cycles like is seen in some of the ancient Chinese teachings.

I literally feel like we live in the late 50's and early 60's turned inside out. It's very different in details but the essence of societal restriction, conformism, and state control feel very similar.

Everything's changed and nothing's changed. Hard to grok.

vern

Post by vern »

It looks like things are running smoothly in the CHAZ...

“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

As a bleeding heart leftie, I found Tiabbi's argument persuasive. I guess when it comes down to it, I'll take free speech over any agenda.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

seeahill wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:14 am As a bleeding heart leftie, I found Tiabbi's argument persuasive. I guess when it comes down to it, I'll take free speech over any agenda.
Free speech is absolutely essential to advancing the true bleeding heart progressive agenda. That's why the modern left won't stand for it. A real progressive agenda that's centered around workers' rights, healthcare, domestic infrastructure over foreign intervention, true racial/sexual equality, environmental protection, etc. is completely against the Clinton/Bush/Obama flavor of neoliberalism/globalism. The ruling class that's only concerned with profit and GDP is loving the shit out of the fractured country we have. Having the "progressives" turn on each other and shut down the exchange of ideas is their wet dream, since they don't have to lift a finger.

Hard conversations are hard. And the the modern left would much rather stick their heads in the sand and scream racism, homo/transphobia, or #metoo than have to defend a position in an honest open debate.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Equality is a false god. Nobody really believes people are equal or that some imaginary state of perfect equality is either achievable or desirable. Progressives are just puppets of the globo-faggot elite who truly want you to live as batteries for their matrix in an open air fly-swept favela of a prison planet. Nobody should desire equality or cry about the plight of strangers, its a deliberate bait and switch. You have people driving past homeless in their own cities on their way to a BLM march just to score imaginary social capital through performative wokeness.

Shoot straight. Speak the truth. Always seek to be the best, the first, the most powerful, the strongest, the wisest, the most beautiful that you can be. Stride with a proud disdain through the swamp of human inadmissibility.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:17 pm
Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:13 am Basics:
I'm starting to truly believe that the world runs in somewhat predictable cycles like is seen in some of the ancient Chinese teachings.

I literally feel like we live in the late 50's and early 60's turned inside out. It's very different in details but the essence of societal restriction, conformism, and state control feel very similar.

Everything's changed and nothing's changed. Hard to grok.
Jim Grant in his book on Debt made the brilliant observation we're doomed to repeat the mistakes of our grandfathers. And that's what's happening. These mostly white kids are just doing what the Hippie Boomers did: SLA, Weathermen and Manson. We haven't seen a Millenial SJW Manson yet. But we will.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Hahahahha. This is middle class whites running amok. Some neurotic attempt to slay their fathers and take possession of their mothers. No doubt "systemic racism" and "white privilege" is sublimated father hate. Second verse same as the first: jews sowing division and hatred for the apparent joy of it.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... s-overall/