Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
newguy
Sgt. Major

Titan Safety Squat Bar v2

Post by newguy »

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/barb ... 063.2.html

I ordered this towards the end of June. It shipped earlier than I thought.

I got my home gym set back up and doing a bit of research, came across this bar. It had some decent reviews, I felt the price was right for me so I went for it.

I have never used any other safety squat bar so I have nothing to which I can compare.

All that being said....holy crap. How have I lived this long without using a SSB??? It is the best I have ever felt squatting in my life. The bar just sits on your shoulders. I didn't believe it even though I'd seen the videos....but it does. You put it on your shoulders, stand up, step back and it just fucking sits there....it's like magic. I held on to the little handles because why not....but the bar is just there.

The padding makes it really comfortable. There isn't this bar of iron digging into the bones of your neck. Nothing hurts...your neck doesn't hurt...your shoulders don't hurt...your wrists don't hurt....You don't have to wedge yourself into the bar and out if it. There is no question or worry about it riding too high...too low. It is just there. It is like you and it were meant to be.

The groove is a bit different. You sort of just sit down and stand up. It is not weird. It is natural. It is the most natural I have ever felt squatting down. It was like all questions have been answered.

I am absolutely in awe. I am stunned. I might be in love. You know when you were kids and you would say "I love pizza" and then your bitch ass cousin would say some stupid shit like "Why don't you marry it." Well I love this bar and don't be shocked if I go viral because I marry it.

If you have ever thought about getting a SSB just do it. 25 dollars a week for 8 weeks and you have the best squatting tool ever made.

I CANNOT recommend it enough.

Luke

Re: Titan Safety Squat Bar v2

Post by Luke »

I'm about to take my SSB to the gym and let it live there for awhile. I've always liked them + bought a 2nd hand one before lockdown. The last time I used one regularly was 2013 and it just seemed like my numbers were always on par if not more than regular bar; which struck me as odd because I swear people told me it was harder?

Great for lunges, 1-legged work too, newguy - and also Hatfield squats. I know some coaches don't particularly care for Hatfields but lifters out of Josh Bryant's stable do them a lot for hypertrophy work.

Actually you can press with them as well. CJ Murphy has a book about the dang bar: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/Page ... D=0&catid=

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I've never been able to use one and can't really figure what it's use is. Essplain.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:23 pm I've never been able to use one and can't really figure what it's use is. Essplain.
Words cannot do it justice....but I will try......starting with an analogy.

Can you run a marathon in dress shoes and a tuxedo? Sure. Can you use a rock to hammer in a nail? I guess. Can you make toast using a candle? Why not. But by using the proper tool, each of these activities becomes so different, that it is almost a new thing. If you've been hammering nails with a rock, the first time you are given a hammer you might cry. When you get the toaster you will wonder why the fuck have I been using a hammer all these years.

The Safety Squat Bar just feels right. It is the right tool for squatting. On the one hand it is not essential. I squatted without out for all my life. But the first time I used one it was like.....OH. This is squatting. I cannot imagine not having one now and I am really wondering why I am even going to bother straight bar squatting other than some ego thing.

It feels like it is the most natural way to place weights on your shoulders. The bar fits the body. You are not fighting your body to fit the bar.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Ok, good explanation. The only thing that absolutely transformed squatting for me was getting some proper power shoes. All the advice to squat in flat soles is bullshit, Chuck Taylors suck for squatting.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:31 pm Ok, good explanation. The only thing that absolutely transformed squatting for me was getting some proper power shoes. All the advice to squat in flat soles is bullshit, Chuck Taylors suck for squatting.
Agree on the shoes.

Again, it is not essential. (The SSB).

But it is a really fucking great thing to have if you have it.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Yeah, a good SSB is the shit.

Boris

Post by Boris »

Dammit... I really don't need to buy any more shit. But now I want this.

macmad
Gunny

Post by macmad »

I’ve just received mine, the Titan V2 is a Chinese copy of the EliteFTS yoke bar. Got mine from Cluster Fitness NZ, Verve in Australia also sell one of same design.
Good padding, handles good length.

Fat cat, one of the good things about a SSB is can squat heavy without shoulder pain that can happen when benching a lot.
Combined with a new buffalo bar has meant the niggle at front of my shoulder has gone away.

Luke

Post by Luke »

macmad wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:49 am I’ve just received mine, the Titan V2 is a Chinese copy of the EliteFTS yoke bar. Got mine from Cluster Fitness NZ, Verve in Australia also sell one of same design.
Good padding, handles good length.

Fat cat, one of the good things about a SSB is can squat heavy without shoulder pain that can happen when benching a lot.
Combined with a new buffalo bar has meant the niggle at front of my shoulder has gone away.
Hey Mac, we're in the same part of the world, did you get your Buffalo Bar from the same NZ place? It's a reasonable price compared to what they go for here in Aus.

macmad
Gunny

Post by macmad »

Yep, from cluster fitness NZ. Took 14 weeks to arrive as they order a container once a month from China.
There’s a few options for buffalo style bars in Aus, the Goliath one is really good If they get back in stock.
The cluster I think is a the same as Titan Yukon, knurling is pretty soft, and rings are too far out, but overall good value for the cost.

Luke

Post by Luke »

macmad wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:24 am Yep, from cluster fitness NZ. Took 14 weeks to arrive as they order a container once a month from China.
There’s a few options for buffalo style bars in Aus, the Goliath one is really good If they get back in stock.
The cluster I think is a the same as Titan Yukon, knurling is pretty soft, and rings are too far out, but overall good value for the cost.
Had not heard of Goliath! Thanks! A much better version of the ones I've seen.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

I am considering getting this to put in the gym I currently train out of.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Or maybe the rackable cambered bar, since that's something I don't have.