UAE-Israel Normalize Ties

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

UAE-Israel Normalize Ties

Post by Fat Cat »

BREAKING NEWS: ISRAEL AND THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES AGREE TO ESTABLISH FULL DIPLOMATIC TIES IN HISTORIC U.S.-BROKERED PEACE DEAL
by Kevin Ryan

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Israel have agreed to establish full diplomatic ties. It’s an historic deal in which the UAE becomes:

• the first Gulf Arab state to establish full diplomatic ties with Israel;

• just the third Arab nation to do so. Only Egypt and Jordan have active diplomatic ties with Israel.

The deal was brokered by President Trump, who tweeted a statement from the countries acknowledging the deal. It’s a huge diplomatic win for the President, and perhaps the biggest middle east agreement since Egypt and Israel reached a deal in 1979. That deal, brokered by then-U.S. President Jimmy Carter, represents Carter’s most lasting achievement.

A joint statement from the U.S., the UAE, and Israel said the countries will meet in the coming weeks to sign deals between Israel and the UAE on direct flights, security, telecommunications, energy, tourism, and health care. The two countries also will partner on fighting the coronavirus pandemic.

“Opening direct ties between two of the Middle East’s most dynamic societies and advanced economics will transform the region by spurring economic growth, enhancing technological innovation and forging closer people-to-people relations,” said the statement by Trump, Netanyahu and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the day-to-day ruler of the UAE. It said the leaders had a three-way call discussing the deal.

It’s a stunning turnaround for the two nations. Formed in 1971, the UAE did not recognize Israel over its occupation of land home to the Palestinians. “Arab oil is not dearer than Arab blood,” the UAE’s founding ruler, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, once pronounced when agreeing to an oil boycott over U.S. military support of Israel.

As part of a deal, Israel has agreed to halt the annexation of occupied land sought by the Palestinians for their future state. Just this past June, the United Arab Emirates’ ambassador to the U.S. warned that Israel’s planned annexing the Jordan Valley would “upend” Israel’s efforts to improve ties with Arab nations.

For the Palestinians, the announcement marked a win that halts Israeli annexation plans, and potentially lays the groundwork for a peace deal with Israel.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had sought to build settlements on lands sought by the Palestinians. He risks criticism inside his own hard-line Likud Party, whose members strongly supported annexation. Some 500,000 Israelis live in West Bank settlements.

In the last few years, spurred on by the Trump administration, ties between Gulf Arab nations and Israel had quietly grown, in part over their shared distrust of Iran, Hezbollah, and the Muslim Brotherhood.

SOURCES: https://apnews.com/abcb0ed9a84e2d3da7d87c28641ccc21
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: UAE-Israel Normalize Ties

Post by Fat Cat »

Here's the statement:
Attachments
EfTv44FX0Ag4MeR.jpg
EfTv44FX0Ag4MeR.jpg (123.95 KiB) Viewed 4527 times
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:57 pm The deal was brokered by President Trump...
First smashing the ISIS caliphate.
Then silencing North Korea's ICBM "tests" aimed at the US.
Now this.

What will this Fascist Warmonger do next?
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

johno wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:37 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:57 pm The deal was brokered by President Trump...
Now this.

Hopefully, get reelected.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Reporting for duty.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Not sure how you're gonna spin a peace initiative as a bad thing. Your boy Obama started off with two wars--Afghanistan and Iraq--and ended up with two more endless, senseless, stupid wars in Libya and Syria. God knows what Hillary might have done. Yet Trump, for all his faults, has been dialing down wars not starting them.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

No, it's a good thing.

The Nobel Peace Prize folks should offer him the prize in return for abdicating the throne.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Now this.

ISIS was Israeli backed tho?

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I have a hard time believing that ISIS was Israeli backed, more like they had their tacit permission to destabilize adjacent A-rabs. Same with the USA for that matter in Syria, we didn't mind them setting up shop there and fucking with Assad until they got too big for their britches.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:14 am No, it's a good thing.

The Nobel Peace Prize folks should offer him the prize in return for abdicating the throne.

Maybe Obama could just give him his, since his didn't amount to a bucket of warm shit.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Lol why did they apologize to Israel for accidentally hitting them with missiles?

But fine, call it that. It's not really a distinction with a difference. But yeah, I have seen no evidence of direct funding. If that is what you mean.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:14 am No, it's a good thing.

Pretty sure Aung San Suu Kyi's actions over the last few years have completely devalued it.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Is anyone surprised the BiBi faction of Israelis and affiliated US conservative Jews is getting what they want from Trump.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:07 am Lol why did they apologize to Israel for accidentally hitting them with missiles?

But fine, call it that. It's not really a distinction with a difference. But yeah, I have seen no evidence of direct funding. If that is what you mean.
I'm a pineapple picking peasant and have no special knowledge of anything, I just assumed it was an, "enemy of my enemy..." sort of arrangement.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:42 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:07 am Lol why did they apologize to Israel for accidentally hitting them with missiles?

I'm a pineapple picking peasant and have no special knowledge of anything, I just assumed it was an, "enemy of my enemy..." sort of arrangement.
https://www.newsweek.com/isis-fighters- ... ter-591020

https://www.timesofisrael.com/islamic-s ... srael-yet/

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:46 am

Highly suspect, indeed, but I'm not very generous in my appraisal of Israel.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:48 pm
Now this.

Hopefully, get reelected.
Yes, not looking great now but, eventually Joe Basement will have to answer a question.
His mask press conference today was hilarious.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:52 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:46 am

Highly suspect, indeed, but I'm not very generous in my appraisal of Israel.
To be fair Israel is probably supporting 90% of the combatants in Syria and MENA.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Never ever ever did I expect to see Thomas Friedman & the NYT extoll a deal set in place by Donny and the much maligned Jared Kushner.
It’s a geopolitical earthquake.

To fully appreciate why, you need to start with the internal dynamics of the deal. It was Trump’s peace plan drawn up by Jared Kushner, and their willingness to stick with it, that actually created the raw material for this breakthrough.
I thought it was a pretty big deal but with Friedman's praise, it must be a much bigger deal than I realized. Soon Orangeman will have a lavish ceremony celebrating his glorious statesmanship with the world watching while Joe yells at clouds from his basement.

And...Joe Basement's big moment of yesterday was when he promised to force all Americans into masks for at least the next 3 months. He did not any questions from the press. He did not win the day.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

If you listen and replace "tiger" and "man" with "arab" and "jew", this song is appropriate for the moment.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:02 pm Never ever ever did I expect to see Thomas Friedman & the NYT extoll a deal set in place by Donny and the much maligned Jared Kushner.
It’s a geopolitical earthquake.

To fully appreciate why, you need to start with the internal dynamics of the deal. It was Trump’s peace plan drawn up by Jared Kushner, and their willingness to stick with it, that actually created the raw material for this breakthrough.
I thought it was a pretty big deal but with Friedman's praise, it must be a much bigger deal than I realized. Soon Orangeman will have a lavish ceremony celebrating his glorious statesmanship with the world watching while Joe yells at clouds from his basement.

And...Joe Basement's big moment of yesterday was when he promised to force all Americans into masks for at least the next 3 months. He did not any questions from the press. He did not win the day.
Inshallah the world will see that Trump, despite being his own worst enemy, actually implements good policies whereas democrats are hellbent on destroying Americans and kowtowing to China.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:01 am To be fair Israel is probably supporting 90% of the combatants in the USA.
FTFY

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:26 pm
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:01 am To be fair Israel is probably supporting 90% of the combatants in the USA.
FTFY
Hahahhahah.

It's fascinating. I constantly wonder how much US domestic politics is just jewish internecine conflict.

Trump is backed by the zionist "conservative" (my least favorite word and ppl) and some of the actually right-wing (chabad) US jews.

The opposition is NYC Ashkenazi and Soros types.

The first wants Israel to be the MENA hegemon ruling over a wasteland of felaheen arabs.

The later wants to rule the world via the US government.

Then in Israel you have Bibi and his mizrahim/sephardim vs the Euro leftist Ashkenazim.

Endlessly fascinating.

It really is Soros vs Bibi. And I know Bibi and the Chabadniks would go Adolf on their enemies if they could.