Analysis of the Psychology of the American Left

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Analysis of the Psychology of the American Left

Post by Turdacious »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:13 pm Thanks for the results of the five minutes of research you annoying fucking loser. Really made the thread pop. People love your act. You can tell by all the posters.
You’re trying too hard. You were on a roll for a while though.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

The only trying hard I do is not telling you how I really feel about your terrible poasting. I am actually holding back. You deserve worse than you get.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Scions of luxury unite! The article is almost a Saturday Night Live skit come to life.
The so-called revolutionaries who were busted for rioting at a New Afrikan Black Panther Party rally took a break from their yacht club lives and modeling careers to be a part of the mayhem.

The seven “comrades” — including wealthy Upper East Sider Clara Kraebber — had their mugshots tweeted out by the NYPD early Wednesday, days after their arrests for smashing storefront windows in the Flatiron District.
Going back to FC's original post mentioning "inferiority", I recently heard a quote on the Martyr Made podcast referencing the comfortable left's sense of illegitimacy. Inferiority is hard enough to deal with but the guilt connotations of illegitimacy has to add a terrible psychological multiplier.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:36 pm Scions of luxury unite! The article is almost a Saturday Night Live skit come to life.
The so-called revolutionaries who were busted for rioting at a New Afrikan Black Panther Party rally took a break from their yacht club lives and modeling careers to be a part of the mayhem.

The seven “comrades” — including wealthy Upper East Sider Clara Kraebber — had their mugshots tweeted out by the NYPD early Wednesday, days after their arrests for smashing storefront windows in the Flatiron District.
Going back to FC's original post mentioning "inferiority", I recently heard a quote on the Martyr Made podcast referencing the comfortable left's sense of illegitimacy. Inferiority is hard enough to deal with but the guilt connotations of illegitimacy has to add a terrible psychological multiplier.
On the one hand, they have existential guilt about their affluent lifestyles, but the real driver is the search for status. They have to try to be ever more "hardcore" in an effort to secure the status they crave in the upside down of extreme left wing society, transcending their bourgeoisie identities to unite with the hivemind superself of Marxist revolution.

This is the bio-Leninist concept in motion: it takes the basic Leninist model of building a Party to rule the state out of the dregs of society, and shifts this to the realm of biology, wrong-think biology in particular, building the party out of people who are permanent losers within the social order.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

I don't really think "the Left" is a useful term anymore (if it ever was?).

The ascendent group is fundamentally economically conservative.

But I agree that they are dealing with massive cognitive dissonance.

I don't think it is from inferiority though.

It's more that they are trying to usher in a new order that is pathological/evil under the beliefs of the old. And they find that judgement intolerable.