Wu Flu

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: Wu Flu

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:05 pmSPELLS gets his viewpoints from Stephen Colbert and his catamite ilk. You can just catch up at the end of the day.
Maybe I should have framed this a little differently.

Some good friends got COVID, possibly from going to an outdoor event where some Sturgis-visiting family members appear to have been presymptomatic carriers. Fewer than 30 people in attendance, outdoors except for N95 use when going indoors. Literal pulmonologist and CDC employee in attendance and involved in planning since it was a decent-sized gathering. People were pretty careful.

The Sturgis claims may be overblown, but it's a no-downside freeroll to hold off on plans with attendees for a couple weeks.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

UW-Madison and how they react is probably a better indicator than sturgis.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonli ... 5762965002
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

God damn it.

Send asymptomatics home to perhaps spread it there to olds instead of keeping them where they are to spread it safely to others who won't even notice either.

Brilliant.

Burn the Universities down now and take their endowments and hand it out to the poor.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Uruguay is awesome and I've wanted to move there for years.
A Ct- value less than 35 was defined as a positive test result, and a Ct-value of 40 or more was defined as a negative test result. A medium load, defined as a Ct-value of more than 35 to less than 40, required confirmation by retesting. This SARS-CoV-2 molecular detection protocol was transferred to research institutes; public hospitals and academic laboratories all around the country.
Thank god for countries with guts and smart people like Sweden and Uruguay. Without them we'd have no alternative to evaluate our hysteria against.

I imagine if we tested as Uruguay did, we'd get close to the same results. They had one of the best responses to Covid because they tested in a non-insane way.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/medrxiv ... 2.full.pdf

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

In Russia mass vacination will start in October.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202006250010
The CECC revealed on Wednesday that the woman, who is in her 20s and had been studying at a university in southern Taiwan since February, tested positive for COVID-19 after returning to Japan on June 20.

It also acknowledged that she may have been infected in Taiwan.

Taiwan has since examined additional data from her test sample, which had a cycle threshold, or CT value of 37-38 -- a result on the diagnostic threshold which is often referred to as a "weak positive," CECC spokesman Chuang Jen-hsiang (莊人祥) said at a press conference.

Only samples with a CT value under 35 are considered positive in Taiwan, while those over 32 are unlikely to be contagious, Chuang said.
Wonder why Taiwan had such a great response to the pandemic?

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

It'd be just great if we are testing students under a Ct 40 regime.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Fwiw, here's the argument that Fauci knowingly misled Congress about the IFR of Covid. It has good sources. Idk. Don't really care. The guy lied to us during AIDS about hetero transmission so fuck him. He sucks.

https://rationalground.com/mistake-or-manipulation/

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:48 am God damn it.

Send asymptomatics home to perhaps spread it there to olds instead of keeping them where they are to spread it safely to others who won't even notice either.

Brilliant.

Burn the Universities down now and take their endowments and hand it out to the poor.
We have it blowing up in our town right now. I've argued to not send them home for the exact same reason.

SuperSpreader State U
Don’t believe everything you think.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Wild Bill wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:45 am In Russia mass vacination will start in October.
Novachuk?

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

nafod wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:03 pm
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:48 am God damn it.

Brilliant.

We have it blowing up in our town right now. I've argued to not send them home for the exact same reason.

SuperSpreader State U
This is a worse clusterfuck than THE WAR ON TERROR.

I didn't think it possible. But here we are. We now have the Neoliberal version of that lunacy.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

nafod wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:04 pm
Wild Bill wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:45 am In Russia mass vacination will start in October.
Novachuk?
One of volunteers was an American and he made a good review

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

How do you "review" a vaccine?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:08 pm How do you "review" a vaccine?
shit.
did not wanted to search word in vocablary :) printed first that came to mind.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

All good my man I hope it works and works well for all Russians' sake.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:16 pm All good my man I hope it works and works well for all Russians' sake.
I also hope it works.
only in Moscow 25 thousands of volunteers :)
if it will not work, it will be a zombie movie.

but other Russian vacines works good, so I believe that will work too.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Possible England is using Ct 45 analysis. If so that's insane. Madness.

See page 15-16

https://www.rcpath.org/uploads/assets/9 ... tories.pdf

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

"I've seen more tooth fractures in the last six weeks than in the previous six years,” I explained.

Unfortunately, that’s no exaggeration.

I closed my midtown Manhattan practice to all but dental emergencies in mid-March, in line with American Dental Association guidelines and state government mandate. Almost immediately, I noticed an uptick in phone calls: jaw pain, tooth sensitivity, achiness in the cheeks, migraines. Most of these patients I effectively treated via telemedicine.

But when I reopened my practice in early June, the fractures started coming in: at least one a day, every single day that I’ve been in the office. On average, I’m seeing three to four; the bad days are six-plus fractures.

What’s going on?
https://news.yahoo.com/dentists-seeing- ... 02844.html

*Fauci grinning rubbing hands*

"Ahhhh the perfect level of societal fear!"

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Damn this Ct level issue is going to blow up.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

So, Taleb was and is a notorious covid doomer. See photo of him wearing goggles and an N95 and another mask at same time while on a plane (yet still flying because why?).

Has he disclosed his portfolio and investments in stocks that stood and stand to gain from downside risk from covid?

https://markets.businessinsider.com/amp ... ssion=true

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:05 am So, Taleb was and is a notorious covid doomer. See photo of him wearing goggles and an N95 and another mask at same time while on a plane (yet still flying because why?).

Has he disclosed his portfolio and investments in stocks that stood and stand to gain from downside risk from covid?

https://markets.businessinsider.com/amp ... ssion=true
He is misunderstood by the majority of the world, in spite of his books.

He is a notorious climate model doomer too, in that he argued in the absence of models to confirm things aren't going to be really really bad, we should assume they will be really really bad. Because it is a potential extinction event.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

So, there are lots of black swans?

Has he released his portfolio?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

If he bet on the virus, then he bet against his actions. He has advocated for treating the virus seriously and squashing it immediately, which is far and away what we have not done. Instead, his advice has been repeatedly ignored.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

nafod wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:58 pm If he bet on the virus, then he bet against his actions. He has advocated for treating the virus seriously and squashing it immediately, which is far and away what we have not done. Instead, his advice has been repeatedly ignored.
As always just merely facile. Every word and every sentence is tendentious.

It's obtuse as well. It makes perfect sense and is fitting that the hive-mind corona hysterics love mis-using that word as a criticism of their opponents. It's the default tactic of proponents of the dominant narrative: project onto others that which you are doing.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Do you think his advice has been followed or ignored?