Government shifting stance on UFOs

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Government shifting stance on UFOs

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Interesting seeing credible people going on the record and a shift in reporting guidelines from the military.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/26/us/p ... ilots.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... that-fact/
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Government shifting stance on UFOs

Post by Fat Cat »

You have to know that there really are some secrets that would blow our minds if we only knew the truth.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Really interesting that some of these incidents like the 2004 Nimitz one was seen by a bunch of folks but kept secret.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

What do you think are the potential explanations? To me, all of them (that I can think of) have good reasons to keep under wraps:

1. It's a UFO...scary.

2. It's an American military secret.

3. It's a foreign military secret.

4. It's an unknown property of a private agency or organization.

Any one of which would give bureaucrats fits.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

For example, stealth aircraft have been around for a long time, and you have to imagine that that type of technology is being applied to UAVs, drones, even amphibious combination UAV/submersible. And not just by governments. There are all sorts of for-profit and commercial applications to this type of intelligence gathering.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

It doesn't make sense to me that these are American craft. Even super secret DARPA/skunkworks stuff from the past would have been immediately recognizable even to a layperson at the time. The B-2 stealth bomber would have looked like a bomber if seen 50 years prior. What's being described is completely off the wall. You wouldn't show them to non-involved military personnel anyway. Also, there are at least two "secret" scramjet programs underway that these would render obsolete.

In a vague sense of probability:
1. Craft are some kind of hyper-advanced holograms/infrared spoofing the US figured out. They appear to defy laws of known physics because they aren't actually there. Might explain why there were sometimes on infrared but not visible.
2. Craft are advanced secret US drones that multiple pilots are wildly overestimating due to excitement/confusion.
3. Craft are as described, and are alien.
4. Craft are as described, and somebody stumbled into creating a superintelligent computer in the early 2000's and put it to work designing aircraft. Basically alien but not extraterrestrial.
5. Craft are part of a secret American program.

1 & 2 seem most probable to me, but 3 isn't far behind, which is wild. 5 seems to require too many secrets kept too well.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

We have pilots and NASA homies here. What was the word about this stuff when you were in?

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Nothing heard from my end. Never saw one with eyeballs or radar...unfortunately.

One time we got all excited when we picked up a Mach 2 contact paralleling the east coast, but it was the Concorde doing a run to the Caribbean, which was still cool.
Don’t believe everything you think.