Register
section-icon

Forums

Talk about anything you want!

Welcome To

Anti-Tedonitis Measures

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • I pulled a tendon in my wrist and it’s not really improving a month later. Finally went to a ortho because there was a small bone in the same area that could be broken, but xrays say no.

Are there dietary/supplemental steps that can help with reducing connective tissue inflammation or improve strength? I avoid NSAIDs since they can allegedly slow healing, but I’ve found the last year repetitive impacts on the feet (running) and hands (golf) can cause issues that seem to heal quite slowly.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

You could try: https://www.t-nation.com/lean-built-eating/tip-a-cheap-simple-stack-for-healing-injuries/

Tendon issues happen because of some sort of unexpected spike in stimulus or acute injury like perhaps in your case? The Barbell Medicine forum is pretty useful as you get actual PTs and powerlifting MDs giving free advice. I think the medical thinking these days is you’ll need to train your way out of it. Tendons, even sore ones, crave load. It’s counter-intuitive but resting them can just cause the injury to hang around. Still there are conditions around how much pain is permissible etc. so it might be nuanced.

I’ve had a wrist complaint for years but lately it seems like a lot of heavy carries, wrist curls, forearm and grip work has made it vanish.

If we’re talking about supplements, it’s not generally considered an inflammatory condition these days either apparently, so anti-inflammatories aren’t recommended.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

Not really a supplement – but to deal with a long running issue I purchased a theraband flex bar knockoff (dmoose, amazon) and have been doing the “tyler twist” and “reverse tyler twist.”

While they are centered on elbow issues, I can’t imagine they don’t help with wrist issues.

As a side benefit, I’m now sure I could give some wicked handjobs at sexually fluid night clubs.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

Tendinitis/osis seems to respond best to eccentric loading, intially.

The above mentioned “Tyler Twist” has been very useful for elbow tendonitis (I think Sangoma originally mentioned this).

Seems like the underlying philosophy now is “load heals”.  You just have to understand how to apply that load for your condition.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I’ll give these a shot. Especially wrists/elbows/feet immobilization is a pain the ass. I got prescribed a wrist brace, and it’s improving faster, but in general these kinds of niggling things can stick around a long time if you just wait for it to get better.

Voices

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.