section-icon

Forums

Talk about anything you want!

Welcome To

Charles Poliquin

Forums Free Speech Charles Poliquin

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • I was listening to a 2015 Tim Ferriss interview with him yesterday.

Obviously an amazing font of information – the dude’s diet, access to doctors, lifestyle was impeccable (according to him) but he still went way too soon for someone that into health. I’m trying to reconcile what would have evaded him if he was generally dialled in on an extraordinary level and getting the tests done – which I’m assuming he was?

So yeah, cause of death never revealed: was it extreme dieting, quacks, paying lip service to how good he was with that stuff, or likely steroids? Bit of everything?

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I’ve come around to the opinion that you are dealing with two mentally ill people who have monetized their personality disorders. Polloquin was a big experimenter and there’s not a huge sample size of dudes on lots of PEDs and cockamamie dosages of vitamins.

Stallone will probably be the first jacked 90 year old, but he’s not out there playing jazz on his endocrine system.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

You’re not wrong!

You reminded me about Stallone. Is he just on vanilla cycles or what? Has HGH warped his head like it did Joe Rogan and the bodybuilders?

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

Stallone got busted with a few different things in Australia like 10+ years ago, didn’t he?

Didn’t Poliquin discuss having heart issues or something in the past? Between bad genetic luck and PEDs, that seems like a good way to die a decade or two early. Other than this place, I’ve heard very little about John Meadows and the PED usage he had with his family history, but it’s in the same vein (no pun intended) as whatever may have killed Poliquin.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

His first heart attack didn’t kill him and he claimed ‘magnesium’ would prevent any further heart attacks.  My buddy Will, who actually trained Olympians said he’d never seen Poliquin at the Olympic Village training or coaching anyone, nor had he actually met any Olympian trained by him.

Charles was actually one of initial partners in Biotest.  He was bought out after some kind of difference of opinion with Tim Patterson, probably over HIT training.

He was an icoloclast and a very interesting person, but he did spend decades crafting a mystery and a mystique about him.  He’s a guy I wish I would have met.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

Interesting.

You’ll still see people who claim a Poliquin base or whatever for their coaching approach. Lotta voodoo and there are a lot of different people within that group that claims Charles as a mentor with different approaches.

I’ve been looking more into AAS just out of curiosity, and I’m surprised there aren’t even more steroid influenced heart attacks.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

My buddy Will, who actually trained Olympians said he’d never seen Poliquin at the Olympic Village training or coaching anyone, nor had he actually met any Olympian trained by him.

Intriguing. On that interview, just a waft of grift was present, I thought it was Ferriss.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I just remembered about some of the goofy stuff Poliquin used to talk about. I think there was even a thread over on the Performance Menu forums where people said they alternated between thinking he was a genius, and that he was batshit.

That used to be Paul Chek, too but now he’s just batshit from what I can tell.

Voices

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.