Register
section-icon

Forums

Talk about anything you want!

Welcome To

Dune

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • It’s long, but so are the books. It is visually very striking but the story seems a bit fractured. It is helpful to have a basic understanding of the story so you can know what is going on. Long wait until they make the next one to finish the first book.

The David Lynch version was more satisfying.

3.5 out of 5

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

The David Lynch version was more satisfying.

May a thousands Arrakis sand fleas find a home in your jock.

I’m trying to decide if I would have rather know the story in advance, or have gone in cold (to include not seeing the other movie).

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

Haven’t read books or seen the prior film and thought this was good. Villeneuve is pretty amazing at visuals.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I’m interested and have heard great things about the visuals. Worth paying the extra shekels to see it on the premium screens?

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

Dune has always been one of those massive blind-spots in my nerdism.  Never read the book.  Never watched the OG flicker.  I can say as someone who had little to no interest in this flick that, at the very least, it’s very watchable.  Great cast, score and visuals.  I’m looking forward to my second view.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I re-watched the 80s film this summer and enjoyed it.

For the new one…Holy Shit!  What a visual masterpiece.  Music, editing, characters were all great.   I would have liked tighter pacing, but am very much looking forwards to Part 2.  Will re-watch.

EDIT: watched it three times the first week.

Voices

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.