section-icon

Forums

Talk about anything you want!

Welcome To

Kensui EZ Vest Pro

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • https://kensuifitness.com/pages/compare

A few weeks back I started to incorporate weighted vest work into the mix.  Since I didn’t have a weighted vest, I needed to purchase one.

I looked at rogue and various tactical plate style vests, but you have to buy the vest and the plates, and shipping the vest and each “weight” you want you have to purchase.

Fuck that shit.

I ended up choosing the kensui  (tons of FB ads).  I went with the pro because I wanted some padding, and while I don’t intend to ever load it to 100 lbs, having the option is nice.

I also added the “standard” plate screw thing because I wanted to use standard plates. It’s my life.  I’ll live how I choose.

PROs.

Fucking comfortable I loaded 80 or so on it just to see.  It feels great.

You look like a bad ass with plates screwed into your chest and back.

You can use your own plates so it ends up being the most economical vest on the market.

Easy to find a 10% off coupon.

It’s really comfortable.

CONs

You have to pay extra for the standard plate screw which sucks.

You look like a fucking idiot with a plate screwed to your chest and back.

During purchase and after purchase marketing/add on sales is obnoxious.

BUT the biggest con – that front plate screw really fucks up range of motion for push ups.  I’ve ended up using KBs for push ups.  Long armed brothers could probably get away with push up handles.  In theory you could only load the back, but it’s not as seemless as you might think.

Overall I am happy with the purchase.  I like it.  It’s comfortable.  I can load from 5 up to over 100 lbs in 5 lb increments.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by
        newguy .

Voice

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.