Register
section-icon

Forums

Talk about anything you want!

Welcome To

MCT Oil. What’s up with that?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Been hearing good things around the way for a few years now.  I figure at least one of you fuck-faces has insight.  What tha dilly?

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I’ve heard conflicting things of late – either it’s really good for you or it glues up your heart.

Used it in shakes; could be placebo but I’d say I probably get the energy, mental acuity hit.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I’ve found it promoted by writers associated with supplement companies for 20+ years. I feel like it comes and goes in cycles depending on who’s promoting it, but it’s been around long enough that if it were really good it would stick around.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I’ve used MCT oil extensively in the past.  I used Twinlab’s emulsified mct oil when I was doing anaerobic conditioning work (high intensity, low duration) when I played rugby oh, like, 20 years ago (yeah it’s been around that long) using Depasquale’s Anabolic Diet.

It lessened, somewhat, the unpleasantness of that style of conditioning while in ketosis.

Somewhat being the key phrase, as it still hurt and performance was off.

I played games on Saturdays, and was fully carbed up for them, so performance when it mattered was high.

I’ve spoken about this before.

I found the process very interesting, as I started training for my season at about 240, and I dropped weight rapidly, being 220 when I started the season then hitting sub 200 at the end of the season and as lean as I have ever been (probably 11-12% bodyfat)

My conditioning for the game was excellent, except I’d gotten used to being able to hit and push with about 230 lbs behind me.  At the lighter weight I was far more mobile and I was still squatting about 475 at the end of the season (power cleaning and push pressing 265 as well), so I was a super light, strong, and mobile.  I typically played prop, but at the lighter weight I played 8 and flanker just as often.

Voices

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.