IrongarmX

IrongarmX

Register
section-icon

Forums

Talk about anything you want!

Welcome To

Star Wars: Visions – Disney+

Forums Free Speech Product, Book, Movie & Music Reviews Star Wars: Visions – Disney+

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • This 9 episode series of Star Wars short movies could, save for the first ep, have been random ass Anime tales of a magic “force”.  As for the first ep, well, it’s a fucking masterpiece.  Unless you’re a massive Anime dork, skip the rest.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

Watched the first episode three times. Loved it. Only made it through one of the others (with the old man who was a Sith), glad to hear the rest are skippable!

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

Yeah, I put that first ep of Visions up there with the best of other great short-film Anime collections like The Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knight.  As a pretty major Star Wars fan who has VERY high standards for animation (I came up on Ninja Scroll, Batman: The Animated Series and Cowboy Bebop) I was very let down by the rest of the offerings.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I also came up on Ninja Scroll and Batman: The Animated Series (though never watched Cowboy Bebop), loving both.

Haven’t watched The Animatrix or Batman: Gotham Knight.

Huge Star Wars fan too, provided they do a kick-ass job. Hyped for The Book of Boba Fett.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I couldn’t recommend The Animatrix any higher.  Do yourself a favor.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by
        RonaldRayGun .
    • More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I watched some of The Animatrix with my drunk, hot, neighbor who I’d never hung out with and my buddy.  The robot squishing that dude’s head until his brain came out was a bit much for our crew, and we turned it off shortly after, but the animation quality was superb.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

Fair enough.  I just assumed based on the Ninja Scroll name-drop that some rather extreme violence was on the table.  I mean hell, one of the Eight Devils of Kimon straight up finger-blasts the poison chick in Ninja Scroll.  But whateves, I’d say for a much more crowd-pleasing experience, give Batman: Gotham Knight a go.  Same short-film style and with many of the same animation companies/directors.  Also, no hyper violence or finger-blasting.  Cheers for giving it a shot, tho.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I haven’t watched Ninja Scroll in a long time.  And in that period, I’ve gravitated towards less extreme content.  Appreciate the suggestion and I’ll give Gotham Knight a try, thanks!

Voices

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.