section-icon

Forums

Talk about anything you want!

Welcome To

The couch thread

Forums Free Speech The couch thread

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • An FBI agent at the center of the investigation into the plot to kidnap and kill Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is accused of smashing his wife’s head against a nightstand and choking her after a dispute stemming from their attendance at a swingers’ party, according to court records.

Special Agent Richard Trask, 39, of Kalamazoo, was charged Monday with assault with intent to do great bodily harm, less than murder following the alleged incident Sunday […]

Aside from his FBI duties, Trask opened a gym at his rural property in Oshtemo Township near Kalamazoo and offers CrossFit training, according to social media posts and state business filings. He filed state paperwork for BCB Health & Wellness last year and maintains an active Instagram account showing him exercising, flexing and posing shirtless.

Trask’s arrest comes at a critical juncture in the criminal case against five men charged in federal court with plotting to kidnap Whitmer. Defense lawyers last week leveled a broad attack on the foundation of the high-profile case and suggested a second FBI agent was trying to sabotage defense teams.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2021/07/21/records-fbi-agent-assaulted-wife-swingers-party-gretchen-whitmer-terror-plot/8041014002/

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I am getting hopeful of Irongarm revival.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I am getting hopeful of Irongarm revival.

The key is to do your part and participate and post content.  It was only normal that we lost a lot of traffic in the move.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

Potential disappointment warning…

https://cyberleaks.to/threads/allisonnyc.350/

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I can’t get myself to give a shit about what’s going on with @F. Couch is deposed and off fucking and drinking with his millions and not giving a shit.

Tits NYC is worthless to pay attention to. I’ve also noticed that it’s been a while since “I do CrossFit” was a joke people made because they were the anti-Fight Club and told everyone about their thruster PR.

We lost the war, Couch won out as much as he could have, Castro is still Castro, and everyone who was involved in the Catalyst Athletics drama is off doing their own thing.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I agree.  It is hard to muster up the energy to care about crossfit these days.  I liken it to professional wrestling.  When you are a kid and  first get into watching wrestling you are excited to see the heros and the villains.  You are surprised when the babyface turns or when the heel becomes a good guy.  Eventually you see the plot lines repeating themselves and you start to loose interest.  That is what crossfit has become to me.  I like to occasionally tune in to see what’s new, but it is not must see TV anymore.  I don’t have 10 people a day telling me how great crossfit is and that I need to switch to paleo.  I no longer find joy in trolling the crossfitters that I know.  Maybe it is the pandemic since I worked from home for over a year, but it is not in my face anymore I rarely even hear about it.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

GG is happy to be washed clean of CF.  He does feel he left a bunch of stuff lying on the table (getting back to bringing fitness stuff to gen pop, and in particular, older gen pop folks and an attempt to slow down the self-given diabetes in the country).

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

GG is happy to be washed clean of CF. He does feel he left a bunch of stuff lying on the table (getting back to bringing fitness stuff to gen pop, and in particular, older gen pop folks and an attempt to slow down the self-given diabetes in the country).

This would be the biggest thing ever for whomever is able to crack that nut.

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

I’d say his success rivals anything that’s likely.

In the dopamine-driven, short-attention-span theater that is modernity, CF successfully knit fitness to social media.  That alone probably got a lot of people to stick with it longer than they otherwise would have.  The prevalence of diet and exercise books, programs, youtubes, indicates that gen pop is interested – they’re just not committed.  It’s all great while they’re reading “Build An Elite Athletic Body in 10 Days”, but their motivation peters out even before 10 days is up…  Making fitness social is / was a huge step in the right direction.   It remains to be seen if a rival endeavor can do that again in the age of “Cancel Culture”.

-stick

• More!
      Up
      Down
      GTFO

dont cry because its over, smile because it happened

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by
        Bo Duke .
      • This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by
        Bo Duke .

Voices

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.