The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: The couch thread

Post by nafod »

Gin Master wrote:They're going to blame this one on Patty.
TT #8:

Patrick is active on the IGX forums. He's trying to make his bones over there by slamming Crossfit so the other boys will like him. By posting his potshot here, he hopes that the IGX goons will quit calling him "Paddy" and "Pod" and other, more derogatory names.

Patrick: quit trying for that IGX affection. You're trying too hard, and your desperation is palpable.
Comment #14 - Posted by: CL at May 15, 2009 9:49 AM
He pretty much nails Pattipod's puppy-hate, though. Oooh, look! I posted first today! Oh Snap! In your face! You've been served, Crossfit! Hate me, but don't ignore me!

Poddles, hate isn't meant to be cute
Don’t believe everything you think.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Pod. Gets no respect, even when suckin' dicks for FREE!

Dano

Post by Dano »

Looky, looky what I found...a @fitter asking *gasp* for anabolic steriod advices! NOOOO!!!

http://forums.isteroids.com/anabolic-st ... tions.html
All a man has is his word and to keep himself free.

POD
Gunny

Post by POD »

What I do like about this place is that you all hate equally, and openly, but I couldn't care less about what you think of me.

sigifrith007

Post by sigifrith007 »

Patrick Donnelly wrote:What I do like about this place is that you all hate equally, and openly, but I couldn't care less about what you think of me.
You care, Patrick, you care. And, I hate you. By the way, whats your Fran time?

sig

Anon

Post by Anon »

PADO Hate = OT in teh cooch thread.
"Anonymous. Because none of us are as cruel as all of us."

D'Aquisto
Staff Sergeant

Post by D'Aquisto »

Joel Jamieson, who trains elite athletes in real life, not just in gin-fueled delusions, comments:
I’d really just encourage any fighter who is serious about improving their performance to take the time to educate themselves on the strength and conditioning side of the equation. A growing trend in MMA is this idea that since MMA looks chaotic and unpredictable that training for it should be the same way.

A lot of fighters out there are doing workouts that are totally at random and are nothing more than different exercises all thrown together with no rhyme or reason. Contrary to what CrossFit type places are selling, performance is not the result of this generalized one size fits all approach, and you absolutely must individualize your training program around your specific strengths, weaknesses, and goals if you want to continually improve as an athlete and a fighter.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien »

WildGorillaMan wrote:[
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmDTz1PcHX0[/youtube]
Check the shitty split clean at 4:06... incredible.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Damien wrote:Check the shitty split clean at 4:06... incredible.
Couch would wisely explain that form breaks down at the boundaries of experience.

Very wise, that Couch.

Very wise.

Now do 30 GHRs for time!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

D'Aquisto wrote:Joel Jamieson, who trains elite athletes in real life, not just in gin-fueled delusions, comments
Joel has some good stuff on MMA conditioning. Very much anti-Couch.
Damien wrote:Check the shitty split clean at 4:06... incredible.
What's incredible is that you were able to watch 4 minutes of that shit!

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

:goodman:
The CrossFit RRG deadline for taking capital contributions will be extended by 30 days. The deadline of May 15th was set so that the company could be formed and policies written for 1 July. The Montana Department of Insurance will allow the RRG to move forward with formation/incorporation while we extend the deadline until June 15th. ALL contributions must be made by that date. If you're able to come up with over $400K in 45 days, the insurance folks take you seriously enough and will grant a little grace. Thanks to all who have made this possible. Let's get across the finish line here in the last 30 days.
What happened to one year? This outfit has zero fucking credibility. I used to feel sorry for the affiliates who were strong-armed or duped by Couch. Anyone who gives after reading this deserves to be robbed.
Merle -- and everybody else -- head over to the RRG page and see the announcement. I think you'll like it. Basically, we have a bit of grace time to come up with the rest of the money.

This community is amazing. We'll make it. I have faith in us.
Comment #2 - Posted by: Lisbeth at May 16, 2009 4:19 AM

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

The Bastard Son of the Shafman wrote:However, he does provide Couch quotes we can mock. I find the ones that aren't just wrong to be outright hilarious, and illustrative of his disregard for damn near anyone. I'll bold a few that made me laugh out loud.

"Calm those worthless tremors."
"We exist on the margins of decrepitude."
"We fail at the margins of our experience."
"Be stupid for me."
"Alter your hormonal milieu."
"No, it doesn't ever get any easier. You wouldn't want it to either."
"Why don't you try some Judaism tonight?"
"Burn on the pyre of ego."

Some Couch-isms don't sound so much like training methodologies as they sound like lyrics that Jim Morrison scribled into his notebook while out of his mind on mescaline and Jack Daniels, and later discarded because he couldn't come up with a decent rhyme for them.

Is @fit the axis that intersects the planes between chemically-fuelled delusions of grandeur and dingbat stream of consciousness ravings?
Last edited by WildGorillaMan on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I really hate couch and I really hate fagfit and all of the dooshes therein. Fucking morons.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

The CrossFit RRG deadline for taking capital contributions will be extended by 30 days.
What a surprise.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien »

Gin Master wrote: What's incredible is that you were able to watch 4 minutes of that shit!
That's what I had to endure to deliver the goods.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

WildGorillaMan wrote:
The Bastard Son of the Shafman wrote:However, he does provide Couch quotes we can mock. I find the ones that aren't just wrong to be outright hilarious, and illustrative of his disregard for damn near anyone. I'll bold a few that made me laugh out loud.

"Calm those worthless tremors."
"We exist on the margins of decrepitude."
"We fail at the margins of our experience."
"Be stupid for me."
"Alter your hormonal milieu."
"No, it doesn't ever get any easier. You wouldn't want it to either."
"Why don't you try some Judaism tonight?"
"Burn on the pyre of ego."

Some Couch-isms don't sound so much like training methodologies as they sound like lyrics that Jim Morrison scribled into his notebook who out of his mind on mescaline and Jack Daniels, and later discarded because he couldn't come up with a decent rhyme for them.

Is @fit the axis that intersects the planes between chemically-fuelled delusions of grandeur and dingbat stream of consciousness ravings?
This is a genius observance.

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

Mickey O'neil wrote:I really hate couch and I really hate fagfit and all of the dooshes therein. Fucking morons.
Me too. Fuckers remind me of all the simpletons in the world or worse yet the fucknuts where I live.
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Blackie
Recruit

Post by Blackie »

protobuilder wrote:
Couch wrote:Alter your hormonal milieu.
Some of the Cultfit women (?) took this to heart.
Not some, a whole bunch. Once the cool aide drinker hit a wall with the insane pukie the clown stuff, the in circle approaches the those that seem like they'd stay around or have potential. The approach is simple and slow, but ends with steroid use. Let's just say some people turn a blind eye.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

couch has already been supporting the RPG behind-the-scenes...
As a cautionary note, CrossFit HQ has funded the efforts of many people to give the CrossFit affiliate and trainer community a chance to create this insurance company. If it turns out that there are not enough affiliates and trainers who want to form an RRG at this time, then all money will be refunded and, in the future, if the effort is to be renewed, it will have to be done by the affiliates and trainers on their own initiative.
It's called "seeding the tip jar".

@FHQ will likely just buy their own insurance policy and leave the affiliates swinging in the wind...just like that other @F affiliate with Makimba. But don't tell anyone... :-$

EDIT: Found this, LOL'd, wanted to share...
:supz: :supz: :supz: <<<<q

POD
Gunny

Post by POD »

What is Greg thinking?

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Resident Quack wrote:couch has already been supporting the RPG behind-the-scenes...
As a cautionary note, CrossFit HQ has funded the efforts of many people to give the CrossFit affiliate and trainer community a chance to create this insurance company. If it turns out that there are not enough affiliates and trainers who want to form an RRG at this time, then all money will be refunded and, in the future, if the effort is to be renewed, it will have to be done by the affiliates and trainers on their own initiative.
It's called "seeding the tip jar".

@FHQ will likely just buy their own insurance policy and leave the affiliates swinging in the wind...just like that other @F affiliate with Makimba. But don't tell anyone... :-$
Fucking over your affiliates is a great long term business plan.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Hebrew Hammer
Chief Rabbi

Post by Hebrew Hammer »

Gin Master wrote::goodman:
The CrossFit RRG deadline for taking capital contributions will be extended by 30 days. The deadline of May 15th was set so that the company could be formed and policies written for 1 July. The Montana Department of Insurance will allow the RRG to move forward with formation/incorporation while we extend the deadline until June 15th. ALL contributions must be made by that date. If you're able to come up with over $400K in 45 days, the insurance folks take you seriously enough and will grant a little grace. Thanks to all who have made this possible. Let's get across the finish line here in the last 30 days.
What happened to one year? This outfit has zero fucking credibility. I used to feel sorry for the affiliates who were strong-armed or duped by Couch. Anyone who gives after reading this deserves to be robbed.
Merle -- and everybody else -- head over to the RRG page and see the announcement. I think you'll like it. Basically, we have a bit of grace time to come up with the rest of the money.

This community is amazing. We'll make it. I have faith in us.
Comment #2 - Posted by: Lisbeth at May 16, 2009 4:19 AM
In other words, "We were deliberately manipulating you by stating a false deadline. We lied to you to get you to put your money in. But we're telling the truth now. Really, we are."

I'll be curious to see what happens when the first affiliate asks for his money back. I can tell you I'd rather be the first to ask than the last.

I'd also be curious as to how the Montana Insurance Commissioner would react to a letter asking "Please explain to me what's going on. It appears that you are endorsing this approach. Are you? Do you approve of this communication that is being sent to investors in every state? Do you approve of the videos they're using to sell this and to describe what they're doing? Finally, as a public records request, please send me all documents and e-mail evidencing the RRG's application and communication with you."

sanchezero

Post by sanchezero »

you wouldn't...
have you ever been as far as even considered go want to do look more like?

Kraj
Sgt. Major

Post by Kraj »

Swindlerman, you're like the Ben Stein of this thread. Your new nickname is NyQuil.

Here's a pic of me reading your posts:

Botototo
Staff Sergeant

Post by Botototo »

Check out the clones running at 1:00 here (about halfway). http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/Cros ... ontosh.mov

That is seriously scary.