The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Anon

Re: The couch thread

Post by Anon »

I still prefer to think that guy has duct-taped his feet then stuck one under that stack of plates she is jumping on.
"Anonymous. Because none of us are as cruel as all of us."

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

I've seen @Fitters recommend 2.5lb bags for incremental loading. By looking at it I say that's maybe 25lbs.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Patrick Donnelly wrote:Last night, while watching "Training Day" on Spike, they had these short video clips at the end of each commercial break presented by a Men's Health editor. Some of the clips presented bodyweight exercises for toning or bulking or whatever. Among these was the prisoner squat, where you put your hands behind your head and do a squat. (Personally, I think the prisoner stiff-leg deadlift would be more along the lines of what they're looking for.) Another was the bodyweight thruster. No bar. No dumbbells. Nothing. Just your hands.
I was flipping through the channels & saw that to, what an idiot. He was doing the prisoners squat wrong too, unless I missed something. He had his elbows bent at 90 hnads up rather than behind the head.

Ugggg
Fat Cat wrote: People have never really seen true mastery, so they don't even know that they don't have it.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

T200 wrote:As one who works with a SANDBAG GURU I am going to say that the duct tape item in question is a small @Fit-sized sandbag.
Oh, well if the bumper plates are supported by the combination of a sandbag and a guy's hands, that totally changes the situation. ... :rolleyes:

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Virtuosity...not quite. Slop...absolutely. This is the guy @Fers jerk off to...he has the fastest Tran time evah.

Then there is the humor of when @Fers talk shit about bodybuilding...yet their best women fit right into that crowd.

POD
Gunny

Post by POD »

Dave wrote:
Patrick Donnelly wrote:Last night, while watching "Training Day" on Spike, they had these short video clips at the end of each commercial break presented by a Men's Health editor. Some of the clips presented bodyweight exercises for toning or bulking or whatever. Among these was the prisoner squat, where you put your hands behind your head and do a squat. (Personally, I think the prisoner stiff-leg deadlift would be more along the lines of what they're looking for.) Another was the bodyweight thruster. No bar. No dumbbells. Nothing. Just your hands.
I was flipping through the channels & saw that to, what an idiot. He was doing the prisoners squat wrong too, unless I missed something. He had his elbows bent at 90 hnads up rather than behind the head.

Ugggg
No, those were the bodyweight thrusters.
Resident Quack wrote:Then there is the humor of when @Fers talk shit about bodybuilding...yet their best women fit right into that crowd.
http://games2009.crossfit.com/Northeast ... Keenan.jpg
What's up with her belly button? Also, is that supposed to be a burpee?

Anon

Post by Anon »

How do you work out with dudes running 'round holding cameras like they shaking their dick (Photo Left) at you and you just not crack up with a "get the fuck out of here!"

Yea I know the answer, it's not working out, it's performance art.
Last edited by Anon on Sun May 24, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Post by Damien »

Joe wrote: What is going on with the shoulders/traps here? Is this just a little skinny dude that has *somehow* packed on a lot of muscle in very specific places?
Actually, looking at him, he is far from BBer buff, but not totally skinny.
But the trap prominence is due to scapula rotation really. Rotate your scapula forward and do a biceps flex. You'll see some traps as well.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.

JohnnyBadAss
Staff Sergeant

Post by JohnnyBadAss »

Patrick Donnelly wrote:What's up with her belly button? Also, is that supposed to be a burpee?
Requisite huge belly-button ring...duh! It shows what a @F Couch-cum guzzler she has the potential to be. I bet if she turned around, you'd see a huge tramp stamp. These ladies have big shoes to fill and absolutely must dress the part.

As for the bodybuilding chicks, this is the chick that finished 6th (and therefore qualifies for the full cock-suck fest in CA) at the Midwest Regional for the Gaymes. But it's all about functional fitness, right? Right? Is this thing on?

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Resident Quack wrote:Image
This chicks bellybutton is all sorts of fucked up. what is that thing? it looks like a little ab cock.

good thing she wore he do-wins's for those burpees
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

crimsonice5656
Private

Post by crimsonice5656 »

So who watched the fights last night and was paying attention when Matt Hughes was coming out

Cue Rogan
"Matt Hughes is in the best shape of his life, he's been training harder than ever and has been doing crossfit and other things"

(from memory)

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

crimsonice5656 wrote:So who watched the fights last night and was paying attention when Matt Hughes was coming out

Cue Rogan
"Matt Hughes is in the best shape of his life, he's been training harder than ever and has been doing crossfit and other things"

(from memory)
I like Rogan as an announcer; it's obvious that he loves MMA and he knows what he's talking about.

However, he somehow has planted himself squarely in the center of douchebag central in BJJ.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

JohnnyBadAss
Staff Sergeant

Post by JohnnyBadAss »

coop wrote:
Resident Quack wrote:Image
This chicks bellybutton is all sorts of fucked up. what is that thing? it looks like a little ab cock.

good thing she wore he do-wins's for those burpees
Oh my fucking gawd! Now that my computer screen isn't bathed in sunlight, I can see that her belly button is in fact completely effed up. I thought it was a huge ass belly button ring earlier. I wish it was a huge ass belly button ring now. Is that a herniated belly button or some shit?

Kraj
Sgt. Major

Post by Kraj »

It's a tumor.

crimsonice5656
Private

Post by crimsonice5656 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BANkMaLJaY4[/youtube]

It's not a tumor

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

Looks like shes got some reverse hemorrhoids going on there to me :butthead:

That bodybuilding chick up above her looks like shes got a pair of wooden legs, the left one looking a lil worse than the right...EEEWWWW... :vom:
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

SAR

Post by SAR »

I zoomed in, but the photo resolution isn't very good. Looks like an umbilical hernia.

Kraj
Sgt. Major

Post by Kraj »

It's a dick tuck operation gone awry.

Anon

Post by Anon »

Crossfit = performance art
performance_art.jpg
performance_art.jpg (20.75 KiB) Viewed 6856 times

POD
Gunny

Post by POD »

I really, really, really just hope that's some skin-colored belly button ring. If not, I don't want to know what it is.

It's clear that most CFers are doing it for the abs, so that fact that some of them go into figure or bodybuilding competitions is not at all surprising. If enough get into it, they might even start CFBB! Forging elite (and functional!) biceps!

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

This gal has a big belly button too.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

This disgusting belly button deformity would seem to be rampant among the elite @Fer womyn...my apologies in advance y'all:
OMG...there is surgery for everything else, why don't they get this fixed? :vom: :vom: :vom:

Maybe it's a side effect of the "dead fish flop" burpees....or just the hGH?

Kraj
Sgt. Major

Post by Kraj »

Side effects of the HGH. Nothing unusual.

POD
Gunny

Post by POD »

Resident Quack wrote:This disgusting belly button deformity would seem to be rampant among the elite @Fer womyn...my apologies in advance y'all:
http://games2009.crossfit.com/Carey_Overhead.jpg
OMG...there is surgery for everything else, why don't they get this fixed? :vom: :vom: :vom:

Maybe it's a side effect of the "dead fish flop" burpees....or just the hGH?
What the fuck man? Don't put that shit in IMG tags! Give people the choice to look or not!

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

Judging by the midriff shirts, sprouting a navel dick like that is a badge of honor in the tribe.