Syrian Rebels Behead Catholic Priest

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Syrian Rebels Behead Catholic Priest

Post by baffled »

http://www.catholic.org/international/i ... p?id=51537
The Vatican is confirming the death by beheading of Franciscan Father, Francois Murad, who was martyred by Syrian jihadists on June 23.

Below is the news release from the Vatican, via news.va.

On Sunday, June 23 the Syrian priest François Murad was killed in Gassanieh, in northern Syria, in the convent of the Custody of the Holy Land where he had taken refuge. This is confirmed by a statement of the Custos of the Holy Land sent to Fides Agency. The circumstances of the death are not fully understood. According to local sources, the monastery where Fr. Murad was staying was attacked by militants linked to the jihadi group Jabhat al-Nusra.
Maybe we should rethink arming an extremist group that's killed a man of the cloth. I'm not a Christian anymore, but when religious leaders get knocked off, things have gone full retard and it's time to hit the pause button.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Syrian Rebels Behead Catholic Priest

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Didn't they kidnap/kill some orthodox bishops too?
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I think I heard something about that.

They clearly need more guns, from us, so they don't have to resort to this savagery when carrying out these sectarian executions.

Or something like that.
- Buck Brannaman

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

I'm trying to mend my ways..so not sandnigger quips.

I'm a man of the Anti-Cloth but there's no mistaking a priest for a combatant. This is pure dune coon evil.

Light Them Up.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

Shit... in the bacground someone cried in Russian "spread up!!! do not block!". They blocked camera as i understood...

BTW, in russian tv they says that America supports those rebels.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Wild Bill wrote:Shit... in the bacground someone cried in Russian "spread up!!! do not block!". They blocked camera as i understood...

I don't know if we've actually shipped weapons, or what types, or how many. I have purposely tried to avoid this story. I'm really tired of us dicking in the affairs of other nations, even during terrible events like this one.

With that said, I do know that Barry was saying that the 100-200 (what I heard at the time) people that may have been gassed (or may not have) was a red line and that we should be really, really angry now.

Or something like that.
- Buck Brannaman

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Wild Bill wrote:Shit... in the bacground someone cried in Russian "spread up!!! do not block!". They blocked camera as i understood...

Bill, the US does not support THOSE rebels. The US supports the OTHER, NON JIHADIST rebels. The CIA has gotten really good at telling them apart, and is taking steps to insure that our stuff doesn't get passed along to the jihadists.
Because, as I'm sure you know, you're either with us or against us, and we would never be against ourselves.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

kreator

Post by kreator »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:

Bill, the US does not support THOSE rebels. The US supports the OTHER, NON JIHADIST rebels. The CIA has gotten really good at telling them apart, and is taking steps to insure that our stuff doesn't get passed along to the jihadists.

The good rebels wear red uniforms and the bad rebels wear blue ones, right?

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Religion and culture of love, peace, and tolerance.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 41,00.html

cleaner464
Sgt. Major

Post by cleaner464 »

Most conservatives have been beating the war drums and calling BO a pussy for his measured response.

Make up your fucking minds. Do we immediately start up another war or do we give some time to try and figure what we actually should do?

Once again, the absence of a draft makes these decisions all too easy for the neo-con peanut gallery.
“Attached hereto is a copy of Mr. Trump’s birth certificate, demonstrating that he is the son of Fred Trump, not an orangutan,”

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Rumor is, Bill, that the US was shipping some of Khaddafi's old stockpile of weapons through Turkey to Syria. We're supposed to be giving "logistical support" to the Rebels.

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/ ... ibya/?_r=0

Most of the support for the rebels comes from the Saudis and Gulf States. The rulers of Syria are Alawites who are sort of Shia Muslims. The rebels are mostly Sunni. The Saudi Royal Family behave like animals so they have to seem more religious. They have been influencing the US Government for decades. They buy our shit, sell us Oil in Dollars. They have special privileges here. There are photos of Obama bowing to them, W Bush kissing them, and Lord knows how much money has changed hands.

You got Russian speakers on the ground there? Sounds like the FSB didn't kill quite enough Jihadis.
Last edited by Gene on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

cleaner464 wrote:Most conservatives have been beating the war drums and calling BO a pussy for his measured response.

Make up your fucking minds. Do we immediately start up another war or do we give some time to try and figure what we actually should do?

Once again, the absence of a draft makes these decisions all too easy for the neo-con peanut gallery.
Sarah Palin at least has suggested letting the factions in Syria fight it out. McCain wants to intervene but he's a sick fuck.

I wish Progressives would push Obama to butt out of this war. Ain't being a "pussy" to pick your battles.

I really wish that Mr. Obama would earn his Peace Prize.....

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

cleaner464 wrote:Most conservatives have been beating the war drums and calling BO a pussy for his measured response.

I know McCain & Graham are all ginned up for getting deeply involved in another war. Cruz, Paul, and assorted Tea Partiers seem much more cautious. Such a fucking mess...I don't know if it's possible for anyone to get it right. I actually sympathize with O on this one.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

It seems like a really easy call to me. We don't any friends or allies in that part of the world. Let them all kill each other in as brutal a fashion as they like, AND STAY THE FUCK OUT.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

Gene wrote:You got Russian speakers on the ground there? Sounds like the FSB didn't kill quite enough Jihadis.
Probably chechens (сaucasian accent).

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

You can't trust a Chechen.
- Buck Brannaman

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Wild Bill wrote:
Gene wrote:You got Russian speakers on the ground there? Sounds like the FSB didn't kill quite enough Jihadis.
Probably chechens (сaucasian accent).
Chechens settle their scores. Do them well or ill they repay in kind.

The Jihadis are just nasty people no matter where they came from. Allegedly the shitbag in the mask is a Saudi.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Ct9RNhTDg[/youtube]

Wish to fuck Mr. Obama would reconsider arming these "people". We should not be giving them aid, we should be giving them AIDS.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

You can't trust a priest. either.
Big deal. There's a fucking war going on...leave.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."