kenny x--put on a condom before it's too late

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

kenny x--put on a condom before it's too late

Post by dead man walking »

Daniel Hamermesh has a scary message for soon-to-be parents like us: The impact that a new baby has on your pocketbook is trumped by the impact on your stress levels. In a new study, Hamermesh, an economist at the University of Texas at Austin, translates that stress into dollar figures and finds it is “so huge as to be almost unbelievable.” . . .
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/put ... g-a-child/

just trying to help a brother out
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Re: kenny x--put on a condom before it's too late

Post by Kenny X »

Reading material like this is a valuable resource for those of us who've decided to procreate, so thank you, DMW, that's good looking out!

I have been enjoying the Baby-Making Maneuvers, thus far. I like how The Soon-To-Be Mrs. Kenny X goes gaga over pictures of friends' babies on Bookyface, and how she talks about how much she enjoyed visiting with friends and playing with their new babies (many of her friends have new babies), and I enjoy discussing baby matters with her, making plans and so forth, et-cetera.

...But the fact of the matter is- it can't be all cute-and-cuddly, happy thoughts 24/7. If it is, I'm afraid I'd be setting myself up for a rude awakening.

I know fuckall, about kids. There. I admitted it.

I have been combatting this, by volunteering to help babysit TSTBMKX's nieces and nephews, whenever her sisters and their SO's need a night out. And when we go over to their house, to watch the kids, I make mental notes about the environment, and about the temperament of not only the kids, but also, mom and dad, too.

And I have noticed some things-

1. The dishes never seem to get washed.

2. You are guaranteed to step on a toy and hurt your foot.

3. Mom and dad are stoked to have a night off together, but they're too damn dog tired to stay out past 9 PM

...and so forth. These are just a few of the things that come to mind. There are many, many others.

And none of these things are really a problem, per-se. But factoring in the fact that along with those things comes the FACT that you are in charge of 1, 2 or 3 little people who not only depend on you, but have poor impulse control and an inflated sense of entitlement, well that right there is a recipe for being stressed-the-fuck-out, and whacking that big-ass toy firetruck with your big toe, first thing in the morning, can ruin your whole fucking day if you let it.

Kids are funny things. My two soon-to-be nephews are great. I love em to death. They're just now getting ready for kindergarten, and they're quite a lot of fun to interact with. But they're temperament is so fragile, it's astounding. One can be playing with a toy, and the other will want that toy, not because he thinks it'd be fun to play with, but seemingly, because the other seems like he's having so much fun with it. And in an instant, you have either a temper tantrum over it or a knock down, drag out fight. No matter how much mommy reminds them that "Sharing is caring," and "Be polite and ask nicely," these little ones resort to the most rudimentary and primal ways of getting what they want and when they don't get it, here comes the yelling, hitting, crying and gnashing of teeth. Moms and Dads seem to have to repeat themselves, ad-nauseum, over and over again, to no effect at all!

And it also seems that you can forget all about having sex three or four times a day, once the babies come along. That's gonna be a hard one to get my head around.

...and Jesus Christ, what if you fuck up and your kids don't learn things like impulse control, discipline, and a good sense of right and wrong? Soon enough they'll be old enough to do some real damage!

It's a lot to think about, even before you factor the unfair, hard Universe in which we live into the equation. The World is a hard place and nobody ever asked to be born. Hell, I wouldn't have volunteered for it.

So why do I still wish to father a child, you ask?

I'm going to do it because I think that both I, and TSTBMKX, could raise a child who grows up to be a happy, strong, well-adjusted, productive, loving, God-fearing adult, who could live a good, happy life. And I think that that would make it all worth it.

Topic author
dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

Kenny X wrote:I'm going to do it because I think that both I, and TSTBMKX, could raise a child who grows up to be a happy, strong, well-adjusted, productive, loving, God-fearing adult, who could live a good, happy life. And I think that that would make it all worth it.
you know the scene where the child is red-faced and weeping, spinning like a top in the section of the department store where fine china is sold, because . . . well, there is no because when it comes to a child's fury. it's a child and it's having a tantrum. i know you have said to yourself, and perhaps to the future mrs., "our child will never act like that."

oh yes he, she, or it will.

and that's before it's a teenager, at which point, the notion of impulse control is an alien concept. you'd have more success training a feral hog than a 14-year-old.

good luck, buddy. you've been warned.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew »

Kenny, serious question here;

Have you borrowed some of your fiances estrogen?

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

It's second nature for me to constantly scan the floor with my peripheral vision, in order to not step on toys and the odd small dog. It's a skill that I notice childless friends completely lack when they come over for a visit.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Beer Jew wrote:Kenny, serious question here;

Have you borrowed some of your fiances estrogen?

BJ, I legit LOL'd at that. And though I have not been siphoning-off The Soon-To-Be Mrs. Kenny X's estrogen, I will say that the Baby-Making Maneuvers have left me flooded with Happy Chemicals, and as such, my mood has been elevated, substantially, for the past many weeks.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

dead man walking wrote:
Kenny X wrote:I'm going to do it because I think that both I, and TSTBMKX, could raise a child who grows up to be a happy, strong, well-adjusted, productive, loving, God-fearing adult, who could live a good, happy life. And I think that that would make it all worth it.
you know the scene where the child is red-faced and weeping, spinning like a top in the section of the department store where fine china is sold, because . . . well, there is no because when it comes to a child's fury. it's a child and it's having a tantrum. i know you have said to yourself, and perhaps to the future mrs., "our child will never act like that."

oh yes he, she, or it will.

and that's before it's a teenager, at which point, the notion of impulse control is an alien concept. you'd have more success training a feral hog than a 14-year-old.

good luck, buddy. you've been warned.
Oh dude, for sure. I am anticipating that The Forthcoming Baby Kenny X will be a total fucking terror. I am expecting the absolute worst, not hoping for the best at all, and will try and be calm and thank my lucky stars any time the little one doesn't behave in a manner befitting a circa-Tate/LaBianca Murders Charles Manson.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

WildGorillaMan wrote:It's second nature for me to constantly scan the floor with my peripheral vision, in order to not step on toys and the odd small dog. It's a skill that I notice childless friends completely lack when they come over for a visit.
I bet a lot of comedy ensues when you have DINK friends over!

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Another hideous Jew who wants his racial superiors to stop reproducing...

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

Kenny X wrote: I'm going to do it because I think that both I, and TSTBMKX, could raise a child who grows up to be a happy, strong, well-adjusted, productive, loving, God-fearing adult, who could live a good, happy life. And I think that that would make it all worth it.
lol, n00b!

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Thud wrote:
Kenny X wrote: I'm going to do it because I think that both I, and TSTBMKX, could raise a child who grows up to be a happy, strong, well-adjusted, productive, loving, God-fearing adult, who could live a good, happy life. And I think that that would make it all worth it.
lol, n00b!

YUP. I freely admit that, in just a matter of a few years, Hell, perhaps even just a year and a few months, my tune may very well change to "Oh my God why the fuck did I do this?" Kids are hard work, everybody knows that, it's the most demanding job you'll ever have.

But whatever, it's for the Greater Good, and frankly, I'm enjoying my life as a Family Man so far-

-actually FUCK THAT, I am ENJOYING THE FUCK OUT OF IT! I really am, no doubt about that, whatsoever.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Kenny X wrote:Reading material like this is a valuable resource for those of us who've decided to procreate, so thank you, DMW, that's good looking out!

I have been enjoying the Baby-Making Maneuvers, thus far. I like how The Soon-To-Be Mrs. Kenny X goes gaga over pictures of friends' babies on Bookyface, and how she talks about how much she enjoyed visiting with friends and playing with their new babies (many of her friends have new babies), and I enjoy discussing baby matters with her, making plans and so forth, et-cetera.

...But the fact of the matter is- it can't be all cute-and-cuddly, happy thoughts 24/7. If it is, I'm afraid I'd be setting myself up for a rude awakening.

I know fuckall, about kids. There. I admitted it.

I have been combatting this, by volunteering to help babysit TSTBMKX's nieces and nephews, whenever her sisters and their SO's need a night out. And when we go over to their house, to watch the kids, I make mental notes about the environment, and about the temperament of not only the kids, but also, mom and dad, too.

And I have noticed some things-

1. The dishes never seem to get washed.

2. You are guaranteed to step on a toy and hurt your foot.

3. Mom and dad are stoked to have a night off together, but they're too damn dog tired to stay out past 9 PM

...and so forth. These are just a few of the things that come to mind. There are many, many others.

And none of these things are really a problem, per-se. But factoring in the fact that along with those things comes the FACT that you are in charge of 1, 2 or 3 little people who not only depend on you, but have poor impulse control and an inflated sense of entitlement, well that right there is a recipe for being stressed-the-fuck-out, and whacking that big-ass toy firetruck with your big toe, first thing in the morning, can ruin your whole fucking day if you let it.

Kids are funny things. My two soon-to-be nephews are great. I love em to death. They're just now getting ready for kindergarten, and they're quite a lot of fun to interact with. But they're temperament is so fragile, it's astounding. One can be playing with a toy, and the other will want that toy, not because he thinks it'd be fun to play with, but seemingly, because the other seems like he's having so much fun with it. And in an instant, you have either a temper tantrum over it or a knock down, drag out fight. No matter how much mommy reminds them that "Sharing is caring," and "Be polite and ask nicely," these little ones resort to the most rudimentary and primal ways of getting what they want and when they don't get it, here comes the yelling, hitting, crying and gnashing of teeth. Moms and Dads seem to have to repeat themselves, ad-nauseum, over and over again, to no effect at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXA6CLTDekw

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

dead man walking wrote:and that's before it's a teenager, at which point, the notion of impulse control is an alien concept. you'd have more success training a feral hog than a 14-year-old.
I've met hundreds of people who want to have a baby and never met a single person who said, "You know what we need to complete our love for each other honey - a 14 y.o mental patient".

Yet, every baby becomes a 14 y.o. I think it's all a trick of our lizard brain who's sole purpose is, live & procreate. He's a tricky lizard he is.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

I believe it says a lot about a man when you hear his stance on parenthood.

DMW is a disgusting failure of a man. it's a shame the great state of Pennsylvania wouldn't let him and his homosexual life partner adopt a child. It's really jaded him.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Child rearing is like getting a tattoo. Seemed like a good idea in advance.

Best to go into it ignorant of everything involved. Like Adam and Eve.
Don’t believe everything you think.