Hey Jack Reape

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Hey Jack Reape

Post by Andy83 »

What's your take on the C-130-J that went down in Afghanistan yesterday? Just crashed or shot down?
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Hey Jack Reape

Post by powerlifter54 »

At night in Jbad. A J model and 95% sure they were on Goggles. No way of knowing if it was a plane failure or pilot issue. Have seen news saying both taking off and landing. Media is horrible at getting correct facts about anything military. If landing issue my wild wag would be pilot error. If takeoff my wag would be engine failure and having to execute engine out in a bowl of surrounding mountains. Lots of other possibilities.

Sad.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

On takeoff, according to Air Force Times. Also, didn't seem to get too far. Hmmm...
The C-130J crashed shortly after midnight local Afghan time on Friday. The plane's wreckage is "contained wholly within the confines of Jalalabad Airfield," the news release says.
Don’t believe everything you think.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

J has autofeather unlike older model H's and previous, so inside field boundary could be a load shift like the 747 in Bagram.

Still this is a huge wag and not worth much.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

I'd like to see what that wreckage looks like.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.