Right now I'm watching...

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Right now I'm watching...

Post by Bram »

Fargo. Just finished the movie. Holy shit that was good. Acting, story, cinematography, music, setting.

I know we have a movie review forum, but ehhh I'd rather see suggestions pop-up. Watched "The Way" last week with Martin Sheen as a dad who walks along the Camino de Santiago, not the most interesting side-characters, but the setting is certainly beautiful.

Fargo "A", The Way "B"
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

vern

Re: Right now I'm watching...

Post by vern »

Fargo was great, but I think The Hudsucker Proxy is the Coen brother's masterpiece.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_LnqH-pk5Q[/youtube]

As far as recent films go, I really liked the new Blade Runner.
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

The Night Manager on Amazon Prime

If you like character driven spy drama, it's worthy. I'm deliberately going slow.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

DrDonkeyLove wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:01 amThe Night Manager on Amazon Prime

If you like character driven spy drama, it's worthy. I'm deliberately going slow.
Loved that! Watched the first episode the night it aired; then had to get the rest from Amazon or Hulu or something.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Have yet to see Hudsucker Proxy, but did watch Raising Arizona tonight. Funny and weird, but a little too silly at times. B+
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Watched Ozark on Netflix, just the first episode so far. Looks pretty fucking good

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Bram wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:12 pm Watched Ozark on Netflix, just the first episode so far. Looks pretty fucking good
I got about halfway through and I don't know how or why but I just stopped watching. Have always meant to finish it out but at this point I'd probably have to start at the beginning again.
Tantum validus superstes