Repatriation of KIA Korean War Vets

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Repatriation of KIA Korean War Vets

Post by Fat Cat »

Leaving Korea:
Arriving in Hawaii, USA:

Please note that we instantly re-clothed them in the glorious stars and stripes.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3874 ... ar-remains
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Yes I Have Balls

Re: Repatriation of KIA Korean War Vets

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

I sure hope those are the remains of US soldiers, though it will take years to figure it out. North Korea has pulled this before sending animal bones claiming they were human. How many sets of dog tags were sent back WITH the remains they allegedly belong to?

Pretty much right out of the North Korea playbook to extort the US in return for nothing really.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Repatriation of KIA Korean War Vets

Post by Fat Cat »

Yes I Have Balls wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:07 pm I sure hope those are the remains of US soldiers, though it will take years to figure it out. North Korea has pulled this before sending animal bones claiming they were human. How many sets of dog tags were sent back WITH the remains they allegedly belong to?

Pretty much right out of the North Korea playbook to extort the US in return for nothing really.
While on one level I totally agree with that sentiment, I don't think the families of those that have been repatriated in the past feel that way at all. Also, while it's true that NK--godless communist scum that they are--have given us non-human bones in the past, it is also true that they have at times, and perhaps unwittingly, given us back even more American mortal remains than they intended to.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen