MLK Revelations

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

MLK Revelations

Post by Turdacious »

Newly-released documents reveal the full extent of the FBI’s surveillance of the civil rights leader Dr Martin Luther King in the mid-1960s. They expose in graphic detail the FBI’s intense focus on King’s extensive extramarital sexual relationships with dozens of women, and also his presence in a Washington hotel room when a friend, a Baptist minister, allegedly raped one of his “parishioners”, while King “looked on, laughed and offered advice”. The FBI’s tape recording of that criminal assault still exists today, resting under court seal in a National Archives vault.

The FBI documents also reveal how its Director, J. Edgar Hoover, authorised top Bureau officials to send Dr King a tape-recording of his sexual activities along with an anonymous message encouraging him to take his own life.

The complete transcripts and surviving recordings are not due to be released until 2027 but when they are made fully available a painful historical reckoning concerning King’s personal conduct seems inevitable.

On January 31, 1977, US District Judge John Lewis Smith signed an extraordinary court order requiring the Federal Bureau of Investigation to surrender all the fruits of its extensive electronic surveillance of Martin Luther King, Jr to the National Archives. “Said tapes and documents,” Smith instructed, shall be “maintained by the Archivist of the United States under seal for a period of fifty years,” or until January 31, 2027.
https://standpointmag.co.uk/issues/june ... ther-king/
Certainly seems damning, but given how dirty Hoover played we may never know how accurate this info is.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Re: MLK Revelations

Post by Turdacious »

From the NYT in 2014 regarding the blackmail letter:
One oddity of Hoover’s campaign against King is that it mostly flopped, and the F.B.I. never succeeded in seriously damaging King’s public image. Half a century later, we look upon King as a model of moral courage and human dignity. Hoover, by contrast, has become almost universally reviled. In this context, perhaps the most surprising aspect of their story is not what the F.B.I. attempted, but what it failed to do.

The current F.B.I. director, James Comey, keeps a copy of the King wiretap request on his desk as a reminder of the bureau’s capacity to do wrong. But elsewhere in Washington, the debate over how much the government should know about our private lives has never been more heated: Should intelligence agencies be able to sweep our email, read our texts, track our phone calls, locate us by GPS? Much of the conversation swirls around the possibility that agencies like the N.S.A. or the F.B.I. will use such information not to serve national security but to carry out personal and political vendettas. King’s experience reminds us that these are far from idle fears, conjured in the fevered minds of civil libertarians. They are based in the hard facts of history.
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/16/maga ... veals.html
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Maybe Comey should have thought about it a little bit harder before he signed the FISA warrant.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

A FISA court judge signed the FISA warrant
Don’t believe everything you think.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

They expose in graphic detail the FBI’s intense focus on King’s extensive extramarital sexual relationships with dozens of women
Repressed people are way more dangerous in power. See: Hoover.

Any kind of abetting rape would obviously be a different story, but coming from the crowd it's coming from I'm suspicious.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:43 pm
They expose in graphic detail the FBI’s intense focus on King’s extensive extramarital sexual relationships with dozens of women

Any kind of abetting rape would obviously be a different story, but coming from the crowd it's coming from I'm suspicious.
LOL it's been known for quite some time that MLK was a philandering demagogue and all around shitbag. Funny to watch people get sandy pussies over it, white liberals love their MLK so.

If you want a real black American who is worthy of (some) admiration look no further than Malcolm X. Obviously he was also a predatory criminal and, worse, a Muslim but the dude truly evolved into a higher being.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

As anyone who grew up in the south can tell you, a black preacher has a 90% chance of being a womanizer, closet pedo, borderline retard, or some combination of the aforementioned. The idea that Stanley Levison's puppet agitator would be an exception to this statistical certainty is wishful thinking, at best.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:15 pm
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:43 pm

LOL it's been known for quite some time that MLK was a philandering demagogue and all around shitbag. Funny to watch people get sandy pussies over it, white liberals love their MLK so.
I think you misunderstand me. Everybody knows MLK liked screwing around, but inasmuch he wasn't also playing the "Rules for Thee but not for Me" game, I don't care. The rape allegation would be very serious if corroborated.

OTOH, my Vatican muchachos who really like telling people what the rules are for sexytime while their own personal lives belie the fact that they're just repressed gays and pedophiles, cause a lot more trouble. This would also apply to Hoover, politicians with a "family values" agenda, and almost everybody with a Megachurch.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

You’re taking a pretty wide stance on this issue, Gramps

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:26 am I think you misunderstand me. Everybody knows MLK liked screwing around, but inasmuch he wasn't also playing the "Rules for Thee but not for Me" game, I don't care. The rape allegation would be very serious if corroborated.
Perhaps I do. Then again, perhaps not. Using a position of power, particularly clothed in spirituality, to pressure women into sex is pretty low. If that doesn't change your opinion of somebody, maybe you should ask a little more of yourself.
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:26 amOTOH, my Vatican muchachos who really like telling people what the rules are for sexytime while their own personal lives belie the fact that they're just repressed gays and pedophiles, cause a lot more trouble. This would also apply to Hoover, politicians with a "family values" agenda, and almost everybody with a Megachurch.
The Vatican is a nest of vipers, Roman schismatics and heretics. Pedophiles, gays, etc. They all need to be dealt with harshly and seek forgiveness from God. That said, it is quite likely that the allegations against MLK are true, look at the company he kept, and the one has no bearing on the other.

Allow me to ask you a question, but don't feel compelled to answer of course: are you a Catholic?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Fats is still salty that it took a Catholic to stand up to the Commie shitheads the Orthodox leaders were cowering to.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:54 pm A FISA court judge signed the FISA warrant
Comey tried to play kingmaker. How'd that work out again?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:51 am
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:26 am I think you misunderstand me. Everybody knows MLK liked screwing around, but inasmuch he wasn't also playing the "Rules for Thee but not for Me" game, I don't care. The rape allegation would be very serious if corroborated.
Perhaps I do. Then again, perhaps not. Using a position of power, particularly clothed in spirituality, to pressure women into sex is pretty low. If that doesn't change your opinion of somebody, maybe you should ask a little more of yourself.
If there's evidence of him pressuring women, that's another story, but AFAIK there isn't. Using power to take advantage of willing women where the power dynamic is fucked up is a post-1960's issue, and extremely public figures are going to run into it.
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:26 amOTOH, my Vatican muchachos who really like telling people what the rules are for sexytime while their own personal lives belie the fact that they're just repressed gays and pedophiles, cause a lot more trouble. This would also apply to Hoover, politicians with a "family values" agenda, and almost everybody with a Megachurch.
The Vatican is a nest of vipers, Roman schismatics and heretics. Pedophiles, gays, etc. They all need to be dealt with harshly and seek forgiveness from God. That said, it is quite likely that the allegations against MLK are true, look at the company he kept, and the one has no bearing on the other.
I am saying one is far, far worse than the other. MLK screwing around taints the guy's legacy. A guy preaching "unnatural" sex is a one-way ticket to hell when they do that all the time can actually cause people to lose faith when exposed. "If this guy, who's religious for a living, obviously doesn't believe in what he's saying, is this all a big con?" That IMO is an astounding betrayal to the people they're supposed to shepherd.
Allow me to ask you a question, but don't feel compelled to answer of course: are you a Catholic?
Yes

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I think you have adequately expressed your views. Time will tell as far MLK goes when the archive is revealed. Being an oily philanderer that fucks anything in arms' reach while preaching moral reform is bad enough in my book (although admittedly nowhere near as bad as a pedophile priest). All hypocrites, whether these or the ones in the Vatican, will face their judgment.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I don’t know that the whole free love and sex thing didn’t go with the “free at last” vibe. Think of the 60s era, and he wasn’t a theoretically celibate priest. They certainly weren’t in opposition, potential watching of a rape aside.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:21 amTime will tell as far MLK goes when the archive is revealed.
I doubt it. As opposed to today, 60's hos kept their mouths shut in public.

terra

Post by terra »

Big deal if MLK shagged around... this goes back to Bill Burrs bit about Tiger Woods and how all those who claim his actions reprehensible are the least likely men to be constantly propositioned by a hoard of Swedish supermodels.

MLK would have had unlimited wild pussy of all types dripping all around him. Most of us will have no idea what that is like, and though we think we would ‘do the right thing’, I bet 80% of you in a similar situation would try a little taste on the side. Guaranteed. And you know it that’s why he would get a token ‘20%’ tsk tsk but keep his status as a hero of American culture (even fucking Arnie managed to pull it off)...

The rape allegations (or facilitating that act) are a different matter. Only a couple of you sad pieces of shit would be down for that. Almost all would intervene in a heavy fashion, so that will certainly break the legacy of the legend... Think Cosby and add the humor value of a bunch of white lefties not knowing which way to virtue signal on their social media accounts.

And you’re right about when a repressed person suddenly gets power... It’s often not pretty. What’s that German saying, ‘When the beggar gets on the horse, even the devil can’t hold him back”.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:29 pm As anyone who grew up in the south can tell you, a black preacher has a 90% chance of being a womanizer, closet pedo, borderline retard, or some combination of the aforementioned. The idea that Stanley Levison's puppet agitator would be an exception to this statistical certainty is wishful thinking, at best.
According to Wikipedia, Levison was questioned by the FBI in 1960 and 1962. Wiki also says that Levison 'helped MLK. He did it Pro Bono

Also answers the question of why the FBI bothered to put in bugs to monitor King.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Levison

Who was President while this was all going on? Lyndon Baines Johnson? Who was AG during this period? Did they authorize this shit too?
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:25 am I don’t know that the whole free love and sex thing didn’t go with the “free at last” vibe. Think of the 60s era, and he wasn’t a theoretically celibate priest. They certainly weren’t in opposition, potential watching of a rape aside.
Didn't the free love movement start in the late 1960s? King was dead in 1968.

Ain't picking, just wondering about the timing.
Don't like yourself too much.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Good question.

According to Wikipedia...the counterculture movement really kicked off with the death of Kennedy in 63.

Seeahill would know...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter ... _the_1960s