Tanks in Washington DC

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Tanks in Washington DC

Post by nafod »

I almost wish Obama had done this so I could watch all of the right wing nut job conspiracy theorists shitting themselves like fire hoses. I can barely imagine the frothing that would have occurred.

Is it going on, on the fringe sites? I don't monitor.

If you go back to origin of our country, the whole idea of a huge standing army was an anathema to founding bros. Not really a thing to celebrate on the 4th.

I think they knew something that we seem to have forgotten. Sad.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Tanks in Washington DC

Post by Turdacious »

Most NG posts have a Sherman sitting out front. Whatever they have planned will pale in comparison to both the National Museum of the Marine Corps and the Virginia Museum of Military Vehicles-- both of which are within a 2 hr drive of DC. My guess is that 75% of the road damage that DC will claim the tanks caused was there already.

Nafod hates it when tankers get TDY, this is clearly.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Turdacious wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:23 pm Meh. Most NG posts have a Sherman sitting out front. Whatever they have planned will pale in comparison to both the National Museum of the Marine Corps and the Virginia Museum of Military Vehicles-- both of which are within a 2 hr drive of DC.
None of which have tanks that operations ready. These are ready to smite any brave patriot who might want to fight back against the obvious constitutional coup attempt underway by Trump, where he puts a few rounds of HE into the capital building and Supreme Court and solves the whole Article I/Article II/Article III who's in charge "controversy". I hear the black suburbans are heading to the archives to burn the original Declaration of Independence as I type.
Nafod hates it when tankers get TDY, this is clearly.
They'd get head of the line privileges at the Chik Fil A, for sure
Don’t believe everything you think.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:55 pm I almost wish Obama had done this so I could watch all of the right wing nut job conspiracy theorists shitting themselves like fire hoses. I can barely imagine the frothing that would have occurred.

Is it going on, on the fringe sites? I don't monitor.
No.
nafod wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:55 pm If you go back to origin of our country, the whole idea of a huge standing army was an anathema to founding bros. Not really a thing to celebrate on the 4th.

I think they knew something that we seem to have forgotten. Sad.
I have the same feeling when I hear people talk about gun control. Ironic isn't it?
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

I don't understand the motive for this parade. I don't consider it a big deal.

The Fourth of July to me is about burgers, fireworks and family gatherings.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

Military parades are good.
But USA needs to learn how to do them :)

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

How do you know, may be Trump just created new tradition :)

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Wild Bill wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:13 am Military parades are good.
But USA needs to learn how to do them :)
We aren't good at them. We almost never don't do them.

Russia during Soviet times had one or two Guards units which drilled all year long for the VIctory Day parades.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:55 pm I almost wish Obama had done this so I could watch all of the right wing nut job conspiracy theorists shitting themselves like fire hoses.
They would have blown a gasket. Obama could have had a new Waco disaster at the Bundy Ranch, he didn't do that either.

Still no freak outs about black helicopters or Trump having the military run over Antifa people like pro-Democracy protesters at Tian An Men.