Twilight of the Tradcath

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Twilight of the Tradcath

Post by Fat Cat »

I don’t know if Cornelius Adrian Comstock Vermeule is a fed. But in an act of fraternal regard, I have to say: Adrian, if you aren’t getting paid by the federal government, you should be. Think about what a valuable asset you would be! You have proven yourself a blind lapdog for the Bush administration’s murderous and illegal wars. Your brand of “antiliberalism” has convinced a cadre of morons that FDR-style liberalism is not really liberalism, and therefore not really worth much effort in studying or opposing. You have thrown around quotes by Cardinal Newman and St. Augustine so adeptly that you have become one of the faces of intellectual Catholicism, all while showing a tremendous lack of charity and rigor, and while endeavoring to smash the careers of Catholic thinkers stronger than yourself. You have achieved this all while asserting that the government has a right to infiltrate “extremist groups,” proving that if you are not yet a fed, you would have no qualms becoming one. Not only that—you’ve already proven you can actually alienate and disrupt the movements you claim to support. Think how much more damage you could do if you really set your mind to it!

https://theamericansun.com/2019/08/28/c ... -vermeule/
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Twilight of the Tradcath

Post by Turdacious »

I gotta admit. Benny's writing is getting stronger.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

That's odd. I clicked on Greenhorn's name to see what else he's written there, and he has a piece referencing Bronze Age Pervert.

WAT MEAN?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

A lot of this seems to go on, on the fringes

Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:23 pm That's odd. I clicked on Greenhorn's name to see what else he's written there, and he has a piece referencing Bronze Age Pervert.

WAT MEAN?
Best book of 2019.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:25 pm
Kazuya Mishima wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:23 pm That's odd. I clicked on Greenhorn's name to see what else he's written there, and he has a piece referencing Bronze Age Pervert.

WAT MEAN?
Best book of 2019.
Not to sound like a hipster, but is was best book of 2018 for me. :happiness:

Podcast is fucking hilarious.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Nice! I haven't listened to the podcast but I am meaning to.