Antonio Brown

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Antonio Brown

Post by Turdacious »

This saga just keeps on going. I'm salty that my team got rid of Khalil Mack yet gave away draft picks for Brown. Even Steven A is to the point of 'fuck this guy'.

Kaz, please give a succinct summary and analysis of the situation.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Antonio Brown

Post by Shapecharge »

So explain something to me...I'm not trying to be funny...so when does a rape accusation come by way of a civil law suit and not an actual arrest and criminal prosecution? So you can just do that? I understand you can sue anyone for just about anything in civil court but I'm a bit confused here. So given the burden of proof criminally is "beyond a reasonable doubt" verses "preponderance of the evidence" civilly if you don't think you can win a criminal case or a prosecutor doesn't think there's enough evidence to proceed with a criminal case you just sue in civil court? And there's the cash settlement/payout angle I guess.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

OJ proved you can be found innocent, yet liable. I know...curious.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Hebrew Hammer
Chief Rabbi

Post by Hebrew Hammer »

Shapecharge wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:55 pm So explain something to me...I'm not trying to be funny...so when does a rape accusation come by way of a civil law suit and not an actual arrest and criminal prosecution? So you can just do that? I understand you can sue anyone for just about anything in civil court but I'm a bit confused here. So given the burden of proof criminally is "beyond a reasonable doubt" verses "preponderance of the evidence" civilly if you don't think you can win a criminal case or a prosecutor doesn't think there's enough evidence to proceed with a criminal case you just sue in civil court? And there's the cash settlement/payout angle I guess.
The state decides whether to prosecute criminally for the crime of rape. Individuals decide whether to sue civilly for damages, which here would be for the tort of assault.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Could Kaz translate those texts while he's as it? I don't speak whatever form of communication that's written in.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I have many black friends on Facebook. This is a legacy of having grown up in the Southern delta (land of high cotton). This is exactly how 90% of them communicate through their status updates. Having grown up listening to their incessant chirping, I have a bit of an ear for their corrupted English, neglect in using proper capitalization and punctuation, complete inability to use proper tense, etc. If I hear it, I can usually translate on the fly...the written word offers even more challenges as symbol manipulation is not native to the children of the dark continent and just offers up a thousand different ways for their already muddled ideas to be rendered as so much gibberish.

It's useful to be familiar with a few stock phrases. For example, if they say "gone get mine" what they are trying to communicate is the idea of "going to get my/mine" which is to say that they are going to receive something (usually of financial value) sometime in the near future. Be aware that "mine" could be spelled "mind" which would totally confuse a native English speaker. I suggest that you slowly sound out what you are reading and try to match with similar sounding words that make more contextual sense.

They will also routinely slaughter well known phrases and sayings. This is harder to pick up on when they are speaking, but it becomes painfully obvious in the written form. My personal favorite is when "in the midst" becomes "in the mist". I find this absolutely hilarious as I imagine them walking around blindly in the fog of language and symbolic communication.

Attempting to translate word-for-word what this Nostril Football player is trying to say is only going to lead down a dark and dangerous path. Getting inside these peoples' heads is a dangerous thing, and too much boorish behavior has already been normalized by their foothold in popular sports and entertainment. Tapping into this throwback's "stream of consciousness" can only lead to a spate of illegitimate children, numerous drug and assault arrests, and ultimately being tazed by the police for selling loose cigarettes outside of an Arab owned convenience store.

Suffice it to say, the woman in question likely believed that she was going to obtain a long-term relationship that would lead to financial gain on her part. Her mother encouraged this endeavor, and this led to the obvious mutual debauchery between herself and this serial sperm donor. He's having a good laugh at this foiled plan, it seems.

Really Big Strong Guy

Post by Really Big Strong Guy »

omg....that was brilliant. thanks Kaz!!!
The cool thing about training is that becoming more sexy is just a side effect........

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Thanks Kaz. Just what I needed to know =D>
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

So, the Pats cut this dumb schwoogie loose after he sent intimidating texts to his accuser. There is a little justice, after all.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

At this pace, they’re going to be doing a 30 for 30 broke edition on AB by the end of the year.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

When all you have to do to be a multi millionaire is not be a total sack of shit, and you still can't manage to not fuck it up.
This guy may be the poster child for lack of impulse control.