Is this the end for Bernie, bros?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Is this the end for Bernie, bros?

Post by Fat Cat »

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) underwent heart surgery after he experienced chest discomfort during a campaign event on Tuesday, his campaign said.

Jeff Weaver, a senior adviser to Sanders's campaign, said a medical evaluation of the Vermont senator discovered blockage in one of his arteries, and two stents were successfully inserted.

"Sen. Sanders is conversing and in good spirits," Weaver said. "He will be resting up over the next few days. We are canceling his events and appearances until further notice, and we will continue to provide appropriate updates.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... discomfort
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Is this the end for Bernie, bros?

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

I think this is not that big a deal for Bernie, but may well torpedo his campaign. Even if the other Dems stay away from it, you know Trump now has a major bullet in the chamber to fire at Bernie if they square off in debates.
Stints are such a common thing now that there's no way this should be a deal breaker.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:55 pm I think this is not that big a deal for Bernie, but may well torpedo his campaign. Even if the other Dems stay away from it, you know Trump now has a major bullet in the chamber to fire at Bernie if they square off in debates.
Stints are such a common thing now that there's no way this should be a deal breaker.
Yeah, but with concerns related to his age already being prominent, any hint of feebleness is bad news. I'm afraid I think this is the final nail in Bernie's campaign coffin. He will continue to represent the great state of Vermont, but he's not getting the democratic nomination.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Agreed.
I wonder if he pulls the plug himself and endorses Warren. She's maybe my 3rd pick at this point, but a Bernie endorsement would pretty much seal the deal if his supporters fell in with her. It would at least let the Democrats avoid a mud slinging slug fest leading up to the general.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:43 pm Agreed.
I wonder if he pulls the plug himself and endorses Warren. She's maybe my 3rd pick at this point, but a Bernie endorsement would pretty much seal the deal if his supporters fell in with her. It would at least let the Democrats avoid a mud slinging slug fest leading up to the general.
I'm kinda wondering if this wasn't half-concocted kayfabe to make a Warren-Sanders ticket. Warren is a fucking donut hole tho, not sure why the dems want to converge on Hillary 2.0 except that they see the Biden ship sinking, are ideologically guided by the assbutt extreme "progressives", and have nowhere else to turn.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

He was unlikely to get the nomination and this really doesn't help.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:14 pm
Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:55 pm I think this is not that big a deal for Bernie, but may well torpedo his campaign. Even if the other Dems stay away from it, you know Trump now has a major bullet in the chamber to fire at Bernie if they square off in debates.
Yeah, but with concerns related to his age already being prominent, any hint of feebleness is bad news. I'm afraid I think this is the final nail in Bernie's campaign coffin. He will continue to represent the great state of Vermont, but he's not getting the democratic nomination.
Makes sense
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:48 pm He was unlikely to get the nomination and this really doesn't help.
Undoubtedly true. OTOH, I think there's considerable chance that he might be tapped as a running mate. Whether or not he would be interested, I don't profess to know.

I don't really like a lot of Bernie's positions, but I kinda like him as a person. He seems like the most authentic person in the Democratic lead.