The surreal life

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
motherjuggs&speed

The surreal life

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

I called the super at my apartment complex about the shower valve, left a voicemail. He has a key so I figured he'd do it while I was out. I got home and saw that he had indeed replaced the valve but with a used shitty-looking one. It seemed to work better so that was that. The next day he knocked on the door and said he was there to look at the valve, that he hadn't come yesterday. It didn't need anything and we were both relieved that it was okay for it to stay like it was and he left. But . . . I've lived here for almost a year. I looked right at this thing that I see every day and thought it was a different one. Biggest trip I've had since I was driving from Raleigh to Asheville and stopped for gas in Johnson City, Tennessee, an hour north, over the mountains, and on a different interstate.

Any of you guys have experiences like this?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: The surreal life

Post by nafod »

Nothing quite that magnificent...
Don’t believe everything you think.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Is anything missing?

If your underwear drawer looks like it's been rifled through, Bennyonesix1 might be your super.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

vern

Post by vern »

I don't know about the valve, but the driving thing suggests you may have been a abducted by aliens.
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

One Russian guy I know, a binge drinker, told me once: if you wake up in a place you don't recognise and don't remember the events of the evening before touch two things: the watch on your wrist (if it's still there) and your asshole, to see if it hurts (and therefore was utilised during your unconsciousness)...

Topic author
motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

That guy should write a book of life wisdom. I'd buy it.