Alright MOFOs, let's get constructive

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Alright MOFOs, let's get constructive

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Funny (not in a good way) that three of the countries you mention are subject to some of the harshest sanctions by the western world, led of course by the US. Not that I agree or even sympathize with their governments. Economic warfare of that sort starves and deprives average citizens, not it's leaders.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

But what you all are talking about right now is life. It is the shit we all go through on an individual level happening on the global level.

Any life lived long enough has crisis. An unexpected death. Loss of a job. Really fucked up mistake. Injury. Etc. Etc.

This shit happens all the time and for the person living in it, nothing is ever the same after.

Right now we are all stuck indoors with no toilet paper and people are getting sick all around us.

Is that really much different than when mom was dying and we were in the hospital every day and night for two months? Or when you got the DUI and were in jail? Or when the daughter loss their job and moved in with us?

My point is that all around us this shit is happening all the time. I work in education and I've been to more than one funeral for a parents child. And one is more than enough forever.

Taking it down to and individual level, shit happens. Really fucked up shit. It happens to people around us. It happens to us.

And on a global level, shit happens. It sometimes to countries around us. Sometimes to us.

Maybe shit will get worse. Maybe I will have to start selling my body for food money. But fuck it. I'm getting my ass in shape so that if it comes to that I'm fetching a premium price.

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

You going to try and corner the local Power Bear market, or take my route and go after the Hipster/Skinny Jeans segment? I think if I grew my hair out a bit so I could do one of those slick pomade styles I could pull that off.
Or were you talking about maybe actual wimmins paying for services? I could go either way. I'm not gay, but $ is $.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I'm going for a greaser, motorboy thing until this blows over. Might start carrying a switchblade, IDK.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:48 pm I'm going for a greaser, motorboy thing until this blows over. Might start carrying a switchblade, IDK.
Hmmmmm....
Seeing as how I turn wrenches on cars for a living, that might be a better option for me. I've already got the work pants, shirt with my name, and black boots. Just need to roll a pack of Lucky Strikes up in the sleeve and grow the Pomp or Duck Tail out. I could always hang an unlit loosy in my yap for the full effect.
Maybe stand on the street corner leaning up against a lamp post and flick my Zippo around while I look tough.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:29 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:48 pm I'm going for a greaser, motorboy thing until this blows over. Might start carrying a switchblade, IDK.
Hmmmmm....
Seeing as how I turn wrenches on cars for a living, that might be a better option for me. I've already got the work pants, shirt with my name, and black boots. Just need to roll a pack of Lucky Strikes up in the sleeve and grow the Pomp or Duck Tail out. I could always hang an unlit loosy in my yap for the full effect.
Maybe stand on the street corner leaning up against a lamp post and flick my Zippo around while I look tough.
You'll be a hit in Midtown.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule