Apocalypto is on the streaming services!

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Apocalypto is on the streaming services!

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Finally!

We All Jump

motherjuggs&speed

Re: Apocalypto is on the streaming services!

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

I had not seen this before. Didn't realize that Ogie Oglethorpe was one of the producers.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

If I was a cardiac surgeon, I would do that every operation.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Third best movie ever made behind Time Bandits and Buckaroo Banzai.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

It's an awesome movie. It's been impossible to find on DVD for a while.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:41 pm It's an awesome movie. It's been impossible to find on DVD for a while.
I have not seen this movie but if this part of history interests you, the History On Fire podcast with Daniele Bolelli titled The Conquest Of Mexico (episodes 20-23 from 2017) is amazing.

What happened when Cortez got to Mexico is more unbelievable than the best fiction.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:34 pm Third best movie ever made behind Time Bandits and Buckaroo Banzai.
Holy cow that’s a bold statement. And I don’t know about all that, BUT- Buckaroo Banzai was pretty awesome and if you’re gonna go down this road, you need to round-out a Top Five list with the addition of:

Ice Pirates

And:

Hell Comes To Frogtown

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:21 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:41 pm It's an awesome movie. It's been impossible to find on DVD for a while.
I have not seen this movie but if this part of history interests you, the History On Fire podcast with Daniele Bolelli titled The Conquest Of Mexico (episodes 20-23 from 2017) is amazing.

What happened when Cortez got to Mexico is more unbelievable than the best fiction.
I love reading about the conquistadors like Pedro de Alvarado, Cortez, and Pizarro. One of the most amazing chapters in human history. I'm not much of a podcast guy but I'll try to run it to ground.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:01 pm

I love reading about the conquistadors like Pedro de Alvarado, Cortez, and Pizarro. One of the most amazing chapters in human history. I'm not much of a podcast guy but I'll try to run it to ground.
To avoid spoilers I'll just recommend that if you give it a listen pay attention to the adventures Bernal Diaz del Castillo. He lived through some stuff!

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

Do you have a link to that podcast? Have to agree with Fats on Apocalypto, and Raoul Trujillo as the Mayan chieftain ate up the scenery in his appearances.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:10 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:01 pm

To avoid spoilers I'll just recommend that if you give it a listen pay attention to the adventures Bernal Diaz del Castillo. He lived through some stuff!
Thanks, Donk!

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Kenny X wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:30 pm
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:34 pm Third best movie ever made behind Time Bandits and Buckaroo Banzai.
Holy cow that’s a bold statement. And I don’t know about all that, BUT- Buckaroo Banzai was pretty awesome and if you’re gonna go down this road, you need to round-out a Top Five list with the addition of:

Ice Pirates

And:

Hell Comes To Frogtown
Those are very very good choices my friend. Especially Ice Pirates

But I have to put Mandy and They Live before both.

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Dead shoot dude you need to watch Apocalypto. ASAP.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Crom judges your film rankings, strong in his mountain.

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Yeah I am an idiot. That's #1.

Topic author
Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Kenny X wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:30 pm

Ice Pirates

And:

Hell Comes To Frogtown
Remo Williams and Miami Heat and Robocop too

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Good recommendation on the podcast, very solid
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

As the good Dr. Donkey prescribes, the book by Bernal Diaz del Castillo, a conquistador who was there, is absolutely fucking incredible. Prescott's Conquest of Mexico is great storytelling and literature to boot. If you want to start with one, Bernal Diaz is where you want to go. He was on the front line and never relates anything he didn't actually see. If you get enthralled, then go to Prescott.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

What reading about the conquistadors convinced me of was that the modern effete revisionism that goes on with regard to them is misguiding, and that people today couldn't carry the jockstrap of guys like De Soto or Vasco da Gama. Aztec emperor was sacrificing 20,000 people in a day and we're the bad guys? GTFO and viva Christo Rey.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I feel like Benny is watching Apocalypto somewhere without us.

>mfw he never told me which service it's available on.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

It's on Prime Video. Flixify has everything if you can get an account
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Thanks!