Beirut Port Explosion

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Beirut Port Explosion

Post by Fat Cat »

This explosion is no joke cinematic in size.

"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Beirut Port Explosion

Post by Fat Cat »

"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:15 pm
Looks like a fireworks fire that then caused the detonation of something altogether more powerful, some time of intentional explosive.

“Abbas Ibrahim, head of the country’s General Security, said the explosion wasn’t due to fireworks as reported earlier by the local media. He told reporters at the scene that the blast was due to highly explosive materials at the port depot.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mas ... ocid=ientp

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Damn there might have been three explosions.

The first we don't see then the one that sends up the red cloud then the one that sets off the percussion wave.

Who knows but that red cloud got pretty high before the percussion wave rolled out.

Crazy how you can see the fireworks popping off

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Looks like speculation is nitrate silo.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Sources from Hezbollah told OTV Lebanon that there was "no truth" to reports that the explosion was caused by an Israeli strike on Hezbollah weapons at the port. Hezbollah operatives were seen at the port after the explosion, according to Al-Arabiya. Al-Arabiya reported that the explosion occurred at a weapons depot belonging to Hezbollah.
Fighter jets were spotted over Tel Aviv after the explosion, according to Channel 12 news. The IDF has been on high alert in the North ever since Hezbollah operatives tried crossing into Israel last week.
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/lar ... ort-637475
Because we were all wondering. Should be interesting to see what develops.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Breaking: A "strange smell" is reportedly spreading in the area of the Beirut Port explosion. Lebanese officials are asking civilians to vacate the area because they fear it might be a dangerous chemical substance.

Lebanon Health Minister: "The remnants of the explosion can have long term deadly effects, leave the city if you can."

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Via Al-Manar: Lebanese Red Cross director general says 2200 casualties due to Beirut Port explosion, expected to rise. Didn't specify dead vs. wounded.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Looks familiar.
Halifax Explosion
The Halifax Explosion was a disaster that occurred in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, on the morning of 6 December 1917. SS Mont-Blanc, a French cargo ship laden with high explosives, collided with the Norwegian vessel SS Imo in the Narrows, a strait connecting the upper Halifax Harbour to Bedford Basin. A fire on board the French ship ignited her cargo, causing a massive explosion that devastated the Richmond district of Halifax. Approximately 2,000 people were killed by the blast, debris, fires, or collapsed buildings, and an estimated 9,000 others were injured.[1] The blast was the largest man-made explosion at the time,[2] releasing the equivalent energy of roughly 2.9 kilotons of TNT (12,000 GJ).[3]

The explosion emptied the harbor of water. A 1,000 lbs. piece of anchor landed 2.5 miles from the site of the explosion.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Kinda weird how the peace cascade happened after this.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Lots of footage I had not seen before.