Biden's America: Border Bullsh*t

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 40920
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

Biden's America: Border Bullsh*t

Post by Fat Cat »

Gov. Abbott blames Biden for 'surge' in migrants at Texas-Mexico border
Abbott said he was informed by Border Patrol that this year alone, around 108,000 apprehensions of undocumented immigrants occurred.


MISSION, Texas — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is blaming the Biden administration for the "surge" of migrants at the Texas-Mexico border.

Abbott blamed President Joe Biden's border policies during a news conference at Mission, Texas Tuesday.

He stopped at Mission after meeting with representatives with the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol, Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas National Guard where they spoke about border security, according to the governor's office.

During his visit, Abbott was given an aerial tour of the border, which he claimed he witnessed migrants crossing "illegally" at the border crossing into the United States and called it a "crisis."

"This crisis is a result of President Biden's open border policies," he said. "It invites illegal immigration and is creating a humanitarian crisis in Texas right now that will grow increasingly worse by the day."

Biden has been reversing his predecessor's strict policies on immigration since taking office nearly two months ago, but has kept former President Donald Trump's controversial pandemic health order, which allows agents to rapidly expel migrants back to Mexico without due process, according to the Los Angeles Times.

He has, however, loosened restrictions on children and isn't expelling those who arrived alone at the border, the Times continued. Instead, they are either being released to relatives, sponsors or placed inside a facility in Carrizo Springs, Texas, Bloomberg noted.

Additionally, the White House has repeatedly told migrants that now is not the time to go to the border and that the reason why they are coming are due to conditions in Central America.

"There is this belief that if you try to cross with minor children it's going to be easier. The traffickers tell them that," Alberto Cabezas, the spokesman in Mexico for the International Office for Migration, told the Times.

Abbott said the Border Patrol told him that this year alone, around 108,000 apprehensions of undocumented immigrants occurred. Out of that number, more than 800 violent criminals, including 78 sex offenders and many gang members including those part of MS-13.

The New York Times reported that U.S. authorities are expected to announce nearly 100,000 migrants were apprehended at the border in February, which is up more than 36,000 compared to the same time last year.

Abbott added that eliminating some of Trump's stricter policies has led this increase, which he claims is creating "opportunities" for cartels, which are "ramping up trafficking" across the border, including "exploiting women and children."

"While [Border Patrol agents] do babysitting, that provides opportunity for cartels," Abbott added. "... Cartels are being enriched because of these policies."

"The cartels are involved in every single one of these border crossings that we see," he said. "They are more involved in crossings we do not see. The strategy is to overwhelm Border Patrol agents... When Border Patrol agents are overwhelmed is when the cartels bring over dangerous people."

In addition to violent criminals, Abbott said this includes drug smugglers who have access to drugs like fentanyl, cocaine and opioids.

During his news conference, Abbott said he was asking the federal government to provide resources, such as more ICE detention facilities along the border "immediately," as well as COVID-19 shots for Border Patrol agents.

"What I'm about to tell you is maybe one of the most reprehensible things I've heard this whole time," Abbott said. "The Biden Administration is not providing vaccinations for the Border Patrol. We have Border Patrol officers whose lives are on the line on a daily basis, an hourly basis, and the Biden Administration will not step up and provide those Border Patrol officers with the vaccinations they need. The Biden Administration should surge vaccines to Texas to all men and women on the Border Patrol this week and ensure that every Border Patrol officer in the state of Texas will be vaccinated this week. Anything less than that is the epitome of inhumanity."

"This is not a Republican vs. Democrat issue," said Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council. "This is an issue that affects American citizens."

In the meantime, the Texas National Guard plans to employ 500 soldiers to help Border Patrol agents at the border.

Abbott added that Operation Lone Star will be put into effect, which "integrates DPS with the Texas National Guard and deploys air, ground, marine, and tactical border security assets to high threat areas to deny Mexican cartels and other smugglers the ability to move drugs and people into Texas," a news release said.

Stay with 6 News as this story develops.

The Biden Admin. has created a disaster on the border.

Record 3,200 migrant children stuck in Border Patrol custody + many who are not children.

The federal government must fix this immediately.

I’ll be there with Texas solutions today. https://t.co/fNjK3KwGJj
— Greg Abbott (@GregAbbott_TX) March 9, 2021

https://www.kcentv.com/article/news/loc ... 8600cc3db9
Last edited by Fat Cat on Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy.
It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 40920
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by Fat Cat »

Watch this video of a horde crossing the border today: https://twitter.com/charlottecuthbo/sta ... 7309048835

Biden has created a catastrophe of human trafficking and illegal immigration. These people deform our republic, breaking the law with their first breath in America. In a country struggling to get back on its feet after COVID-19, we should not be wasting resources running herd on these criminals.

Shoot the first three to come across and watch the rest scatter. :axe:
Image
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy.
It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 40920
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by Fat Cat »

U.S. shelters received more than 7,000 migrant children in February, posing early border test for Biden

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/migrant-ch ... ic-levels/

Kids in cages OMFG!!1!
Image
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy.
It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

User avatar
newguy
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2843
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by newguy »

Gov Abbot is full of shit.

I'm not saying there is not a problem at our border. But there has been a problem for 50 years. No one wants to solve it because it is a nice easy talking point for each side.

The last thing any republican wants is for it to be solved because they would lose one of their holy quad of complaints/distractions.
Border
Cancel Culture
Trans athletes
Mr Potato head.

User avatar
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21281
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Eh, not seeing it up in Houston yet, however, 7000 more kids in cages for Biden, where is the screaming and crying outrage about this?

Human Trafficking is a whole other story, I've been reading about an uptick in younger women sex trafficked across the Mexico/Texas border in the last few months. There is a distinct need for sex work to go legit as it will make fighting sex traffickers easier.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 40920
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by Fat Cat »

newguy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:12 pm Gov Abbot is full of shit.

I'm not saying there is not a problem at our border. But there has been a problem for 50 years. No one wants to solve it because it is a nice easy talking point for each side.

The last thing any republican wants is for it to be solved because they would lose one of their holy quad of complaints/distractions.
Border
Cancel Culture
Trans athletes
Mr Potato head.
Trying to compare millions of people swarming over our southern border to Mr. Potatohead outrage isn't going to fly. Their plan is to look away while these scum invade our country and then declare an amnesty, deforming the demography of our nation. They don't belong here. They have to go back. Anyone incentivizing their invasion, or abetting it in any way, is a traitor and should be shot.

Image
Image
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy.
It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

User avatar
newguy
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2843
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by newguy »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:48 pm
newguy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:12 pm Gov Abbot is full of shit.

I'm not saying there is not a problem at our border. But there has been a problem for 50 years. No one wants to solve it because it is a nice easy talking point for each side.

The last thing any republican wants is for it to be solved because they would lose one of their holy quad of complaints/distractions.
Border
Cancel Culture
Trans athletes
Mr Potato head.
Trying to compare millions of people swarming over our southern border to Mr. Potatohead outrage isn't going to fly. Their plan is to look away while these scum invade our country and then declare an amnesty, deforming the demography of our nation. They don't belong here. They have to go back. Anyone incentivizing their invasion, or abetting it in any way, is a traitor and should be shot.

Image
I am not an open border advocate. I also do not believe that all people trying to come into our country are scum. And it is not millions. People coming into this country illegally is not new. It is not recent. It has been the standard operating procedure for longer than any of us have been alive.

My stand on immigration does not fit either party. (And on a deeper level, it's what each party wants. You don't want a solution here. You want talking points. A real honest immigration policy is possible and neither party wants it.)

That being said, Governor Abbot doesn't give a shit. This isn't about immigration. It's about narrative. Specifically trying to shift narrative from the electric grid failure.

That is all this is.

User avatar
johno
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7901
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by johno »

Image



Amazing coincidence that all these poverty-stricken immigrants picked the same T shirts with matching signs.

I wonder how that happened, and who paid for that.

***

So let's not kid ourselves: This is an organized invasion, with devastating demographic consequences. And the US doesn't have the courage to stop it.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 40920
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by Fat Cat »

newguy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:27 pm I am not an open border advocate. I also do not believe that all people trying to come into our country are scum. And it is not millions.
You might as well be with that attitude. I never said all people trying to come to our country are scum, but the ones who are doing it illegally are. And it is, by any measure, in the millions. Per the Brooking Institute, it is somewhere between 10 and 12.5 million; see: https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/vo ... -are-they/

The fact that it has been a problem for a long time is meaningless; I remember how the Left squealed when Trump curbed it.
newguy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:27 pm My stand on immigration does not fit either party. (And on a deeper level, it's what each party wants. You don't want a solution here. You want talking points. A real honest immigration policy is possible and neither party wants it.)
I'm fine with an honest immigration policy. Look at polls of American citizens and see how excited they are about millions of people swarming over the border and taking their jobs. Illegal immigration is a disaster for lower and middle classes, and is in essence a wealth redistribution program for the billionaire class (i.e., we give and they take).

See here: https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/vo ... -are-they/

Last point here, you are wrong that I don't want a solution. My mother, my adopted sister, my wife, etc. are all LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. What I want is a policy defined by the will of the American people, enshrined in law by our politicians, and upheld by our federal government. What we have now is a pseudo-policy of neglect which preys upon vulnerable Americans and immigrants alike in favor of (((billionaires))) that have hijacked our republic.

And yes, immigration is terrible for the American worker; see GJ Borjas of Harvard Kennedy School here: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... bs-214216/

"Immigration redistributes wealth from those who compete with immigrants to those who use immigrants—from the employee to the employer"
newguy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:27 pm That being said, Governor Abbot doesn't give a shit. This isn't about immigration. It's about narrative. Specifically trying to shift narrative from the electric grid failure.
You are literally high if you think that millions of people sweeping over our borders, funded by wealthy vested interests (see matching shirts), is just a canard. It is the most important domestic issue we face, China being the most important foreign challenge. America FIRST.
Image
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy.
It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

User avatar
baffled
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 8873
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:56 pm

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by baffled »

The hardcore libertarian in me feels like the border should be open for people to cross and pursue a better life. The legalization of sex work, decriminalization of all (or nearly all) drugs and elimination of the welfare state would make it a non-issue.

The other side of me, who went to high school with Kate Steinle and was friendly with her, wants all of these people turned away or driven into the salt mines to be made to work as indentured servants with unpayable debts.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

User avatar
nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 12781
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:46 am
newguy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:27 pm I am not an open border advocate. I also do not believe that all people trying to come into our country are scum. And it is not millions.
You might as well be with that attitude. I never said all people trying to come to our country are scum, but the ones who are doing it illegally are. And it is, by any measure, in the millions. Per the Brooking Institute, it is somewhere between 10 and 12.5 million; see: https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/vo ... -are-they/

The fact that it has been a problem for a long time is meaningless; I remember how the Left squealed when Trump curbed it.
newguy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:27 pm My stand on immigration does not fit either party. (And on a deeper level, it's what each party wants. You don't want a solution here. You want talking points. A real honest immigration policy is possible and neither party wants it.)
I'm fine with an honest immigration policy. Look at polls of American citizens and see how excited they are about millions of people swarming over the border and taking their jobs. Illegal immigration is a disaster for lower and middle classes, and is in essence a wealth redistribution program for the billionaire class (i.e., we give and they take).

See here: https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/vo ... -are-they/

Last point here, you are wrong that I don't want a solution. My mother, my adopted sister, my wife, etc. are all LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. What I want is a policy defined by the will of the American people, enshrined in law by our politicians, and upheld by our federal government. What we have now is a pseudo-policy of neglect which preys upon vulnerable Americans and immigrants alike in favor of (((billionaires))) that have hijacked our republic.

And yes, immigration is terrible for the American worker; see GJ Borjas of Harvard Kennedy School here: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... bs-214216/

"Immigration redistributes wealth from those who compete with immigrants to those who use immigrants—from the employee to the employer"
newguy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:27 pm That being said, Governor Abbot doesn't give a shit. This isn't about immigration. It's about narrative. Specifically trying to shift narrative from the electric grid failure.
You are literally high if you think that millions of people sweeping over our borders, funded by wealthy vested interests (see matching shirts), is just a canard. It is the most important domestic issue we face, China being the most important foreign challenge. America FIRST.
We need those people since you only had one kid.
Don’t believe everything you think.

User avatar
johno
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7901
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by johno »

nafod wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:01 am We need those people since you only had one kid.
How about we control our borders and control who & how many are admitted?

That's actually the current law as written but not practiced.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

User avatar
newguy
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2843
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by newguy »

nafod wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:01 am
Fat Cat wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:46 am
newguy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:27 pm I am not an open border advocate. I also do not believe that all people trying to come into our country are scum. And it is not millions.
You might as well be with that attitude. I never said all people trying to come to our country are scum, but the ones who are doing it illegally are. And it is, by any measure, in the millions. Per the Brooking Institute, it is somewhere between 10 and 12.5 million; see: https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/vo ... -are-they/

The fact that it has been a problem for a long time is meaningless; I remember how the Left squealed when Trump curbed it.
newguy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:27 pm My stand on immigration does not fit either party. (And on a deeper level, it's what each party wants. You don't want a solution here. You want talking points. A real honest immigration policy is possible and neither party wants it.)
I'm fine with an honest immigration policy. Look at polls of American citizens and see how excited they are about millions of people swarming over the border and taking their jobs. Illegal immigration is a disaster for lower and middle classes, and is in essence a wealth redistribution program for the billionaire class (i.e., we give and they take).

See here: https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/vo ... -are-they/

Last point here, you are wrong that I don't want a solution. My mother, my adopted sister, my wife, etc. are all LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. What I want is a policy defined by the will of the American people, enshrined in law by our politicians, and upheld by our federal government. What we have now is a pseudo-policy of neglect which preys upon vulnerable Americans and immigrants alike in favor of (((billionaires))) that have hijacked our republic.

And yes, immigration is terrible for the American worker; see GJ Borjas of Harvard Kennedy School here: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... bs-214216/

"Immigration redistributes wealth from those who compete with immigrants to those who use immigrants—from the employee to the employer"
newguy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:27 pm That being said, Governor Abbot doesn't give a shit. This isn't about immigration. It's about narrative. Specifically trying to shift narrative from the electric grid failure.
You are literally high if you think that millions of people sweeping over our borders, funded by wealthy vested interests (see matching shirts), is just a canard. It is the most important domestic issue we face, China being the most important foreign challenge. America FIRST.
We need those people since you only had one kid.
People who are trying to get in illegally are not scum. They are desperate people who have gambled their life's savings on making a border crossing and hoping to find a better life here.

I get it. We cannot let everyone in. I do not advocate that. But just because I do not advocate an open border doesn't mean I cannot have empathy for people who are trying to escape conditions any of us would flee from as well.

I am not saying that you, me, American's do not want a solution.

What I am saying is that the political parties do not.

That video you showed with people crossing the border. That has happened for longer than we have been alive. And it doesn't matter which party is in control. It will continue to happen because those people are dollars to people here in the United Sates. Illegal immigration is big money. From la migra on the payroll, to industries who profit off of cheap labor.

The reason it isn't stopped is because neither the republicans nor democrats want it stopped.

You say Trump curbed it. But Trump didn't SOLVE it. Trump deported the low hanging fruit. The actual hard work of securing the border, beefing up the judiciary that handles the immigration issues, putting money into REAL solutions, didn't happen. Because it's not what they want.

Build a Wall. It is a GREAT slogan. It serves each party perfectly. It gives each of their bases what they want. And it ensures that we never get an honest, fair, REAL solution to the issue.

When you say pseudo policy of neglect you are absolutely right and it is by design.

User avatar
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21281
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

One thing to note

A tremendous amount of illegal crossing are done by the cartels via coyotes

Many folks that go this route are trafficked for labor purposes.

There are distinct upticks in crime in crossing areas.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 40920
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by Fat Cat »

newguy wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:22 am Build a Wall. It is a GREAT slogan. It serves each party perfectly. It gives each of their bases what they want. And it ensures that we never get an honest, fair, REAL solution to the issue.

When you say pseudo policy of neglect you are absolutely right and it is by design.
Image

If only our legislators believed that a wall or barrier would be effective...

I honestly have no idea why you make these wall of text, meandering posts that eventually end with you offering no solutions and admitting that I am right. I am not a Republican, nor am I a Democrat. I am an American, who believes that the will of Americans is being completely undermined by a political class that has been bought and paid for by a rootless, cosmopolitan elite with their grips on the levers of international capital. That is why, despite overwhelming support for crushing illegal immigration and imposing hard limits on legal immigration, their voices are completely tuned out and blithely caricatured as nativists and racists.
Image
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy.
It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

User avatar
newguy
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2843
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by newguy »

To sum up my points -

The starting post/quote is Governor Abbot blaming Biden.
Governor Abbot is full of shit. He doesn't care. He wants to distract.
This has no more to do with Biden than it did Trump or Bush or anyone. This is how the border works and it is by design. No one on the government level is going to fix it because it doesn't serve government to fix it. Republican or Democrat.

People who cross illegally are not scum and do not deserve to be shot. They are moms who have sold everything they own to try to get their daughters over to keep them from being raped by cartels. No. This is not every single person crossing. But if you want to shoot people, at least try to shoot the bad ones.

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 40920
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by Fat Cat »

Image
Image
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy.
It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

User avatar
johno
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7901
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by johno »

Does anyone here support Open Borders?

That's what we have, Real World. We are releasing Asylum claimants into the US without the will or effective means to enforce their appearance at their asylum hearing.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 40920
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by Fat Cat »

johno wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:10 pm Does anyone here support Open Borders?

That's what we have, Real World. We are releasing Asylum claimants into the US without the will or effective means to enforce their appearance at their asylum hearing.
It's crazy, but as you can see in this thread, most Americans are more concerned with hurtful language than securing their patrimony. Absolutely no fucking one would let a Mexican just wander into their home and decide to stay, but apparently if they do it by the millions to our society, it's cool and if you say anything about it you're a bigot.
Image
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy.
It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

User avatar
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 40920
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by Fat Cat »

Four people on terrorist watchlist arrested at the border.

https://www.axios.com/four-people-match ... c370a.html

Glad they caught these guys, but it shows you just how important securing our borders is.
Image
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy.
It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

Sua Sponte
Gunny
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:12 am

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by Sua Sponte »

newguy wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:31 pm To sum up my points -

The starting post/quote is Governor Abbot blaming Biden.
Governor Abbot is full of shit. He doesn't care. He wants to distract.
This has no more to do with Biden than it did Trump or Bush or anyone. This is how the border works and it is by design. No one on the government level is going to fix it because it doesn't serve government to fix it. Republican or Democrat.

People who cross illegally are not scum and do not deserve to be shot. They are moms who have sold everything they own to try to get their daughters over to keep them from being raped by cartels. No. This is not every single person crossing. But if you want to shoot people, at least try to shoot the bad ones.
Yeah. No. The border doesn't work that way. The border is allowed to work that way. There are legal ways to enter the country. As a matter of fact, every other foreign national who wishes to enter the country has to go through this process. Right now there are hundreds of thousands who have gone through the process, done all the laborious and extensive paperwork, done the background checks, proven they have support or can support themselves, the medicals, the interviews and paid the thousands in fees (and lawyers if they used them) to try to enter the country legally with just a green card. Then starts the citizenship process. To suggest that Mexicans should be allowed to bypass what others are required simply because they are Mexicans.....well that's just one of the left-approved forms of racism.

Of course that's not the description of every single person, because we have no idea what their description is, because we aren't having them go through the legal process. The legal process is as detailed as getting a secret security clearance including providing places of residence for the past 7 yrs, financial documentation and history, criminal background checks, checks of parents, work history..... I wonder why somebody from another third world country, Philippines let's say, requires such but a Mexican should not? The gov't needs to enforce it's own laws and unobstructed entry into the country isn't one of them.

I used to live in AZ and along US Interstate 8 the federal government has posted signs along that major interstate highway in Arizona, more than 100 miles north of the U.S.-Mexico border, warning travelers the area is unsafe because of drug and alien smugglers, and it's generally recognized by authorities that Mexican drug cartels now control some parts of the state. The signs were posted by the BLM along a 60-mile stretch of Interstate 8 between Casa Grande and Gila Bend.

They warn travelers that they are entering an “active drug and human smuggling area” and they may encounter “armed criminals and smuggling vehicles traveling at high rates of speed.” Beginning less than 50 miles south of Phoenix, the signs tell travelers to not use public lands north of Interstate 8 and to call 911 if they “see suspicious activity.”

And you're telling me it's all made up and no way we should actually be trying to stop illegals. It's not like we would actually cede to this nonsense and warn Americans you're not safe in America because of moms who have sold everything they own to try to get their daughters over to keep them from being raped by cartels, right? BLM made it all up.

From Wikipedia:
The Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act is an act passed in Arizona in 2010. It was the broadest and strictest anti–illegal immigration measure passed in the United States. U.S. Federal law requires aliens older than 18 to possess any certificate of alien registration issued to him or her at all times; violation of this requirement is a federal misdemeanor crime. The Arizona act additionally made it a state misdemeanor crime for an alien to be in Arizona without carrying the required documents, and required that state law enforcement officers attempt to determine an individual's immigration status during a "lawful stop, detention or arrest" when there is reasonable suspicion that the individual is an illegal immigrant. The law barred state or local officials or agencies from restricting enforcement of federal immigration laws, and imposed penalties on those sheltering, hiring and transporting unregistered aliens.

Yep, you're right, nobody wants to do anything about it, especially not those duly elected AZ Republicans. The result? All the usual suspects acted as you'd expect; lawsuits and requests for injunctions, claims of racism, etc. Some limitations were placed but the law's in effect.

The other result? The fed gov't still thumbs it nose at federal law. There are ways to legally enter the country. Let's enforce those and stop pretending special rules for Mexicans isn't racist, and that everybody is a wannabe soccer mom. If you don't like it, change the laws and have the federal gov't obey and enforce them.

User avatar
johno
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7901
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by johno »

Sua Sponte wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:39 pm The fed gov't still thumbs it nose at federal law.

And this is why Step One of any credible legislation is ESTABLISH CONTROL OF THE BORDER FOR AT LEAST FIVE YEARS. Not some simultaneous DACA bullshit. Why? Because once passed, DACA is an irreversible done deal. But border enforcement can be compromised and underfunded at the whim of a bureaucrat. As has been done for years.
DACA is just a slap in the face of citizens - "Make 12+ million illegal border-crossers legal residents with a path to citizenship in exchange for a politician's promise to perform the job he's refused to do for decades."
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

User avatar
newguy
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2843
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by newguy »

When you say it is allowed to work this way, that is what I mean. It works this way because that it the way it is allowed to work.
Again, I am not an open border advocate.

What I am saying here is that this is not a "Republican vs. Democrat" issue. There is not "good side/bad side" on this issue. Neither party WANTS this issue solved. It is a rallying point for both bases and neither side has any incentive to solve it/compromise on it.

I have absolutely no problem with a zero illegal entry policy, follow our current border laws. Put the money into the court systems at the border so these things can be processed quickly. Put more money into beefing up the legal entry system so it doesn't take ten years for people who are doing things the right way to get their citizenship.

Enact strict punishment for any employers/industries that exploit illegal immigrant labor.

My "liberal" point of view is that there are people who have been here a long time. "We" have let them be here. Give them an honest path to citizenship.

My other "lib" point of view is that the people are trying to enter illegally, treat them humanely. They aren't dirty assholes. The dirty assholes are sneaking in with plenty of cartel money behind them.

As a "lib" that would be my point of compromise. Zero illegal entry tolerated from this point on. Compromise is a path to citizenship for the people who have been here X years, the dreamers etc.

No party will ever do this because there is zero political incentive to work together.

User avatar
newguy
Sgt. Major
Posts: 2843
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by newguy »

johno wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 pm
Sua Sponte wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:39 pm The fed gov't still thumbs it nose at federal law.

And this is why Step One of any credible legislation is ESTABLISH CONTROL OF THE BORDER FOR AT LEAST FIVE YEARS. Not some simultaneous DACA bullshit. Why? Because once passed, DACA is an irreversible done deal. But border enforcement can be compromised and underfunded at the whim of a bureaucrat. As has been done for years.
DACA is just a slap in the face of citizens - "Make 12+ million illegal border-crossers legal residents with a path to citizenship in exchange for a politician's promise to perform the job he's refused to do for decades."
I have no problem with a path to citizenship for people who have been here. The government let them be here. They are here working, going to school, etc. etc. Having kids, raising families, all that.

What does it serve me to kick them out now? It's not their fault the government let them be here.

Let them stay, work, pay taxes.

Get the border secure, fund it all properly, and from this point on it is no longer an issue.

User avatar
johno
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7901
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Re: Biden's Border Bullsh*t

Post by johno »

newguy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:39 pm
johno wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 pm
Sua Sponte wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:39 pm The fed gov't still thumbs it nose at federal law.

And this is why Step One of any credible legislation is ESTABLISH CONTROL OF THE BORDER FOR AT LEAST FIVE YEARS. Not some simultaneous DACA bullshit. Why? Because once passed, DACA is an irreversible done deal. But border enforcement can be compromised and underfunded at the whim of a bureaucrat. As has been done for years.
DACA is just a slap in the face of citizens - "Make 12+ million illegal border-crossers legal residents with a path to citizenship in exchange for a politician's promise to perform the job he's refused to do for decades."
I have no problem with a path to citizenship for people who have been here. The government let them be here. They are here working, going to school, etc. etc. Having kids, raising families, all that.

What does it serve me to kick them out now? It's not their fault the government let them be here.

Let them stay, work, pay taxes.

Get the border secure, fund it all properly, and from this point on it is no longer an issue.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Post Reply