Asian-American Discusses Racism

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Asian-American Discusses Racism

Post by Bram »

I guess I'm sharing this because I want to be a person who treats everyone with a basic level of kindness and respect, which is not affected by how they appear.

And thought this was a good reminder.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Asian-American Discusses Racism

Post by baffled »

Fuck off
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

First, respect to the man.

Second, this whole anti-Asian racism thing is something to behold. We all know who have been the perpetrators of recent, high-profile anti-Asian incidents, but since that doesn't fit the predominant narrative, it's become awkward and forced.

Third, and the guy gets it in his video, having grown up in a place that 75-80% Asian and Asian-Americans, they can be pretty damn racist too. That's the dirty secret: everyone is racist, and it's never going to stop.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Baffled? Dunno what your enigmatic f off is in reference to.

Fatty, I don’t think we’re forced to act racist, it’s just an easy path to go down.

Like if someone cuts you off in traffic — it is real easy to honk, cuss at them, maybe even it seems reasonable to follow them and wave a weapon at them.

You could also think “maybe they’re having a bad day” and go back to listening to music. That’s not the easier path, generally, but I think we’re all capable of being that person.

Heh, maybe I’ll just shut the f up tho and worry about my own behavior :)
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Baffy is an Asian American so you have now been a victimized by one because of your white supremacy. The circle of life is complete.
Bram wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:24 pm Fatty, I don’t think we’re forced to act racist, it’s just an easy path to go down.
No, we're kind of forced to. Humans have a natural in-group preference which is part of our evolved psychology. That's why all this "anti-racism" results in...surprise! *more racism*
Bram wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:24 pm Like if someone cuts you off in traffic — it is real easy to honk, cuss at them, maybe even it seems reasonable to follow them and wave a weapon at them.

You could also think “maybe they’re having a bad day” and go back to listening to music. That’s not the easier path, generally, but I think we’re all capable of being that person.
I think you know what to do with that hippie shit.
Bram wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:24 pmHeh, maybe I’ll just shut the f up tho and worry about my own behavior :)
That's always a good place to start.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Go in peace, hefty one.

Baffled, I'm glad I can help!

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:55 pm Baffy is an Asian American so you have now been a victimized by one because of your white supremacy. The circle of life is complete.
China is the enemy.... :butthead:

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:55 pm Baffy is an Asian American so you have now been a victimized by one because of your white supremacy. The circle of life is complete.
THANK YOU.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman