Is Crime Getting Worse?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Is Crime Getting Worse?

Post by Turdacious »

Are crime rates getting worse? Even NPR isn’t denying it.

My hood (suburban, upper middle income) is still about as safe as it was before. Your experience and thoughts?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Is Crime Getting Worse?

Post by baffled »

We're seeing more problems in my neighborhood. My truck was broken into and some tools were stolen. My county has some homeless issues that have been made worse recently
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

The homeless situation is definitely getting worse here. If I do a ride through the rougher parts of the city early in the morning there is a marked increase in the number of people I see bundled up under bridges and in building doorways. I'm starting to see tents and other signs of semi-permanent homeless camps that I didn't see maybe 2 years ago. This has coincided with an uptick in petty crime.

A more troubling trend is with the increase in rage violence that we're seeing. Road rage shootings and the like.
Last edited by Alfred_E._Neuman on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

It's weird up here, because some of the wealthier towns have the most problems. Up the road is expensive as hell and they've got constant issues and the local police have actually worked with the county sheriff for additional patrols.

My town is very solidly middle class and my street is all 1+ acre plots, but I find plastic 1oz. alcohol bottles along the street several days a week.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

It's much worse here in Hawaii. Property crime, homelessness, drugs, and violence are all up. Thanks Obama!
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen