Biden’s America: the vaccine will set you free

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Biden’s America: the vaccine will set you free

Post by nafod »

I spent two weeks driving to Colorado and back, and got a good look at mask wearing and vaccine taking at quick marts and bars in Illinois, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Michigan. It was an awesome trip, with a lot of not-mask wearing. Lord knows how many variants I was exposed to. But my vax powers kept me safe!

Looking forward to ditching the mask, mostly.

Pfizer for the win.
Don’t believe everything you think.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Biden’s America: the vaccine will set you free

Post by syaigh »

I took Moderna and almost died. Okay, I'm exaggerating. I ran a high fever (103)for 24 hours on the second dose that Tylenol did not help with and bought a lot of shit online that I didn't remember ordering. But, my death-by-fever self has good taste. But goddamn my joints hurt like a motherfucker. Good thing I don't remember most of it because I was really fucked up by the temperature.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

My buddy got his second Pfizer dose and was laid out for a day and a half.

I had a sore arm from my J&J shot for a few days, but nothing else
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

My son (30) got the J&J, I don't remember him commenting on it other than the arm.

My son (17) just got the second Pfizer, and he was delirious with a fever. He actually had a high fever, the delirious part was from being 17.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

First Pfizer I was OK, just a crazy sore shoulder and a bit tired for a day. About 24 hours after the 2nd dose I felt like garbage. Popped a couple painkillers and was better, but still about as tired as I ever get for a couple days. Not sure if I had a fever on the second, but I had body aches that pretty much guarantee it.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:05 pm I spent two weeks driving to Colorado and back, and got a good look at mask wearing and vaccine taking at quick marts and bars in Illinois, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Michigan. It was an awesome trip, with a lot of not-mask wearing. Lord knows how many variants I was exposed to. But my vax powers kept me safe!

Pfizer for the win.
Pfizer sure did win. $3,500,000,000 profits from Covid vaccines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/04/busi ... ofits.html

"Pfizer expects to sell $15 billion worth of Covid-19 vaccines in 2021. That would make it the second-highest revenue-generating drug anytime, anywhere, according to industry reports."

https://qz.com/1967638/pfizer-will-make ... ine-sales/

Happy days are here again - Building Back Better. More profit$ for the "right people".
Don't like yourself too much.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Got my J&J yesterday. Barely feel a thing at the injections site. Other than that, nothin.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:38 am
nafod wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:05 pm I spent two weeks driving to Colorado and back, and got a good look at mask wearing and vaccine taking at quick marts and bars in Illinois, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Michigan. It was an awesome trip, with a lot of not-mask wearing. Lord knows how many variants I was exposed to. But my vax powers kept me safe!

Pfizer for the win.
Pfizer sure did win. $3,500,000,000 profits from Covid vaccines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/04/busi ... ofits.html

"Pfizer expects to sell $15 billion worth of Covid-19 vaccines in 2021. That would make it the second-highest revenue-generating drug anytime, anywhere, according to industry reports."

https://qz.com/1967638/pfizer-will-make ... ine-sales/

Happy days are here again - Building Back Better. More profit$ for the "right people".
It's pretty amazing when you consider a year ago what we have declared success on.
- 2 years to a vaccine, hopefully
- 50% or better effectiveness would have been satisfactory

Think about where we'd be in the pandemic if it had taken that long and been that measure of effectiveness. Instead we got a vaccine in under a year that is mind-mindbogglingly effective by vaccine standards. First time in history, and not a moment too soon.

Capitalism at work.