Review of Grapplers Toolbox

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Matt
Private

Review of Grapplers Toolbox

Post by Matt »

This is one of Scott Sonnon's older videos but it's still very relevant. It has lots of good drills to work on being comfortable, smooth, and quick on the mat. Body Flow and Warrior Wellness seem based on this. However, this tape applies those movements specifically to grappling. Some great energy saving techniques. Eye opening stuff. Lots of exercises and drills to flow around the mat with little effort. This seems like the kind of stuff one might pick up through years of practice and trial and error. Good grapplers seem to flow really well on the mat and get into positions they want with little effort. This tape spells out how to do that rather than having to figure it out over the years. Great stuff and highly recommended, especially for grapplers.

Matt

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

Yes, this video series was the reason I originally defended Sonnon against all and sundry detractors - you can't come up with a series like this with this kind of material if there isn't some real ability and knowledge to base it on. And in fact, when Sonnon was doing the ads for "Maximology", he acknowleged that GTB was the basis for most of the stuff which followed. (BTW I still think that Maximology has some worthwhile stuff in it).

Not too coincidentally, GTB was one of the last products Sonnon created under the AmerROSS banner, also featuring Ben Brackbill and Scott Fable, before he decided to become a one man show. IMO, GTB is the best thing he's ever done. I plan to get it in DVD format if they ever reissue it, because when I loaned it to a grappler friend, I never saw it again and now my friend claims he 'can't find it in his archives'. :^o

amtroit2
Corporal

Post by amtroit2 »

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I dug all the crazy russians running all over doing that staged fighting. It was kind of like the three stooges, but without the comedy.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I liked the "joint strengthening and articulation" tape. I got some value and some interesting exercises and ideas out of it.