vanilla visa, mastercard ie prepaid

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
aptdwler
Staff Sergeant

vanilla visa, mastercard ie prepaid

Post by aptdwler »

These are really cool. Basically you buy them at a store (in my case i used a drug store). You pay a surcharge of around $4 for the card. Then, when activated at the register, it works just like a charge card. It can be used to pay for stuff on line and you don't really have to provide accurate information about yourself. For instance, if you wanted to join a website, with repeated billing, you could use this and a fake name. When the repeated billing comes up, the card is out of money, so tough to the site. This is nice if you think it might be difficult to cancel a membership, or you just don't want to deal with it. It works for now, but be aware, I'm guessing this is going to become a major problem for websites, and they might work at ways around it. It seems fair to me, as recurring billing is a rich boys scam IMO...

Be aware that in some areas buying of the cards requires cash. They wouldn't take debit card to buy one in my area w/o 2 other forms of picture I.D. Why I have no idea. They get there money, so why is beyond me.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Re: vanilla visa, mastercard ie prepaid

Post by buckethead »

Awesome heads up.

Also, have you noticed they have these music players that don't need tapes or discs! They store the music digitally in memory - they call 'em MP-somethings.

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

Anonymous credit card? Very cool idea.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Topic author
aptdwler
Staff Sergeant

Post by aptdwler »

BucketHead wrote:Awesome heads up.

Also, have you noticed they have these music players that don't need tapes or discs! They store the music digitally in memory - they call 'em MP-somethings.
Sorry if I was a bit behind the times on these. I thought they were new. Yes I have heard of those new player. They are sweet as once paid for, all the music is FREE!!

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

aptdwler wrote:

Sorry if I was a bit behind the times on these. I thought they were new. Yes I have heard of those new player. They are sweet as once paid for, all the music is FREE!!
Anonymous credit card like these are relatively new, at least from the major cc companies.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
aptdwler wrote:

Anonymous credit card like these are relatively new, at least from the major cc companies.
I bought a pair of these with mine:
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule