Star Trek

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: Star Trek

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I enjoyed this.

I loved early Kirk boning green girls. There were a lot of nods to the TV show.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

The Unflushable DEATHTURD wrote:Saw the new movie last night, and honestly I was expecting it to suck like most of the recent Star Trek everything. Anyone who grew up watching the series, or the reruns (like I did) should enjoy this-- it actually made me want to rent the original series. Good reasonably plausible plot, nice special effects-- probably the best Star Trek movie since the Wrath of Khan. Very nice origin movie, and nice casting of the young characters (especially Spock, Scotty, and Checkov).

I am years behind in watching movies (obviously) as I just caught this on STARZ last night. This movie was great....funny, action packed and paid great homage to the quirkiness of the characters of the original cast. This is a must add to the DVD collection as a 'repeatable offense' category for mindless entertainment and viewing pleasure.

If you're GenX or older, you can't not like this movie!!!

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

High Velocity Lie-Nap! wrote:
The Unflushable DEATHTURD wrote:Saw the new movie last night, and honestly I was expecting it to suck like most of the recent Star Trek everything. Anyone who grew up watching the series, or the reruns (like I did) should enjoy this-- it actually made me want to rent the original series. Good reasonably plausible plot, nice special effects-- probably the best Star Trek movie since the Wrath of Khan. Very nice origin movie, and nice casting of the young characters (especially Spock, Scotty, and Checkov).

I am years behind in watching movies (obviously) as I just caught this on STARZ last night. This movie was great....funny, action packed and paid great homage to the quirkiness of the characters of the original cast. This is a must add to the DVD collection as a 'repeatable offense' category for mindless entertainment and viewing pleasure.

If you're GenX or older, you can't not like this movie!!!
Fucking A Ack Ack RIGHT!

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy