Awesome file transer/backup/sharing tool

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Awesome file transer/backup/sharing tool

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Got a recommendation to try this out when it comes to sharing files online and version control is a problem. Check out Dropbox (full disclosure, that's a referral link and if you register using it, they'll add a small amount of storage space to my account). The video there focuses on keeping stuff synced across multiple computers and smart phones, but for me the real benefit is sharing files instantly without having to use FTP or email attachments. And if it's something you are sending to someone to edit, or something you're collaborating on with multiple people, everybody is working on the same document so there's no more sending different versions of attachments all over the place.

If you want to share video or torrent type stuff, that just got easier, too. Just share the folder with whoever you want to give it to, and Dropbox transmits it to them automatically. No FTP clients to think about anymore.

Highly recommended. This is saving me a lot of time every month.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shaun B. O'Murnecan
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Awesome file transer/backup/sharing tool

Post by Shaun B. O'Murnecan »

I have not used it much, but it really is a great tool. The only caveat (like most "cloud" shit or online storage) is to use prudence when dealing with sensitive data.

Nice write up Spells.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

abasijones wrote:Even I didn't tried it yet but I am looking forward to give a try and revert back with my review.

Who in the nigger fuck are you and why should we care about your review?

Go introduce yourself faggot.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Dunn wrote:
abasijones wrote:Even I didn't tried it yet but I am looking forward to give a try and revert back with my review.

Who in the nigger fuck are you and why should we care about your review?

Go introduce yourself faggot.
It's a spambot, dummy.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.