Guardians of the Galaxy

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

Post by Dunn »

Phaedrus wrote:
It's probably a reaction to people laughing out of control at every.thing.that.happened.
This has pretty much killed the last 2-3 movies the wife and I have been to. Laughing, talking, cellphone usage, etc. at such a level that we were outnumbered. Fucking ridiculous.

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

Dunn wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:
It's probably a reaction to people laughing out of control at every.thing.that.happened.
This has pretty much killed the last 2-3 movies the wife and I have been to. Laughing, talking, cellphone usage, etc. at such a level that we were outnumbered. Fucking ridiculous.
This is the discussion that makes me almost glad that I've lost most of my hearing and stopped watching movies except at home where I can caption and pause to take a piss whenever I want and not miss the cool shit....
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan

j-cubed
Gunny

Post by j-cubed »

Dirt McGirt wrote:Went to a matinee today with the 10 year-old; he loved it, and this was the first flick I had seen in the theatre in quite a while I thought was worth paying the $8 for.

Also, JB's point that the soundtrack was awesome was WAY understated. They hit a homerun on that, not to mention the casting.

Yes, the soundtrack has done well on the billboard charts as well.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... -200-chart

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

j-cubed wrote:
Dirt McGirt wrote:Went to a matinee today with the 10 year-old; he loved it, and this was the first flick I had seen in the theatre in quite a while I thought was worth paying the $8 for.

Also, JB's point that the soundtrack was awesome was WAY understated. They hit a homerun on that, not to mention the casting.

Yes, the soundtrack has done well on the billboard charts as well.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... -200-chart
I downloaded the soundtrack. It's good stuff.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

The raccoon was well-acted...Jeek would have been aroused. OTOH, Zoe Saldana does nothing for me.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats