Boyhood

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Boyhood

Post by Shapecharge »

I caught this yesterday. I had some time on my own so I thought I'd check it out. It's received a bit of critical acclaim. It's long...about 2 hrs and 45 minutes but I didn't notice the time. It follows a young boy from around the age of 5 till he graduates from high school and goes to college. I guess the director, Richard Linklater, put this idea together around 2002 and got everybody to sign on. He got them all together for a few weeks or so ever year. Patricia Arquette and Ethan Hawke play the roles of the divorced mom and dad. Some of you may not dig it and an argument could be made about the lack of appeal for watching a movie about a normal "real" life. There's no titties, car chases, explosions, and for Tom Furman...sadly no silat/knife-fighting. So why watch that shit right? Although it's scripted I believe the four major actors and Linklater all played an equal role in writing the script. For me I totally dug it. You literally get to watch the young boy and his sister grow up. You see Arquette and Hawke age. Hawke is absolutely wonderful as a young, divorced father who's trying to find his way but loves his children with an innocence and hope that I think all you fuckers who had kids young and struggled will get. Arquette is that sorta thick, sexy mom that's also trying to do the right thing to make a better life for herself and her children...she goes back to school, marries a couple of wrong guys but all the while keeping her eye on the prize. Shapebaby rates this film two huge thumbs in with a massive cheek spread bordering on real pain.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Boyhood

Post by Bobby »

Any babysitters in it?
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

Shapebaby rates this film two huge thumbs in with a massive cheek spread bordering on real pain.
ATTA BOY SHAPE!!!
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Great movie. Fascinating on a bunch of levels, from the story in the movie to the story of the movie. In the theatre next door was Guardians of the Galaxy turned up to 11, so the whole movie was filled with the foreboding sounds of far off intergalactic struggle. An oddly good fit.
Don’t believe everything you think.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Want to see