Serial podcast (big thumbs up) (No spoilers)

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Tirofijo
Sarge

Serial podcast (big thumbs up) (No spoilers)

Post by Tirofijo »

If you haven't listened to this, you should. It is as engrossing as anything I can recall.

It's 12 hourish-long podcasts that delve into a 1999 murder of a Baltimore high school girl. A reporter attempts to determine if the person convicted of the murders actually did it.

Although 15 years have passed, the reporter investigates more thoroughly than the police did, and I'm not spoiling anything by saying that it quickly becomes apparent that the case wasn't as open and shut as it may have appeared to the jury.

Give it a try. Everyone I've talked to that listened to one episode got hooked. I'm binge listening to this now and am on episode 9.

It's a spin-off of This American Life, but don't let that turn you off. Ira Glass does the intro, but other than that, you don't have to listen to him.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Serial podcast (big thumbs up) (No spoilers)

Post by buckethead »

I got hooked and listened every week. It's great production value but I can't point out the negatives without spoilers. All in all, worth it

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

buckethead wrote:I got hooked and listened every week. It's great production value but I can't point out the negatives without spoilers. All in all, worth it
I was raving about it for weeks. But now that I've had some time to reflect on it: it sucked. "Gee, the justice system is fucked up, and we sure are baffled".

I want those 10 hours back.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

lasalle wrote:
buckethead wrote:I got hooked and listened every week. It's great production value but I can't point out the negatives without spoilers. All in all, worth it
I was raving about it for weeks. But now that I've had some time to reflect on it: it sucked. "Gee, the justice system is fucked up, and we sure are baffled".

I want those 10 hours back.
Thank you. I wanted to stick my fucking iPhone down Sarah Koenig's pie hole