Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

America's Bitter Pill

Post by Turdacious »

Book by Steven Brill about how Obamacare came to be and some of the issues it faced in it's first few years. Most books on the subject I've found to be way too partisan. This one calls it pretty straight. His focus is broad-- Senate politics, White House staff issues, lobbyists, bureaucrats, etc... Brill was able to get access to most of the big players (both the hidden and visible ones), including the POTUS. He writes about mundane issues well enough to make them readable. His prescriptions aren't perfect, but he tells a great story. Worth a read.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Re: America's Bitter Pill

Post by buckethead »

Lord Jesus. I'll read that right after Glassman's bio and the new novel about dust mites

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

buckethead wrote:Lord Jesus. I'll read that right after Glassman's bio and the new novel about dust mites
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I am going to print out all my posts on this forum and give it to turd for Christmas
Don’t believe everything you think.