Droid Turbo

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
j-cubed
Gunny

Droid Turbo

Post by j-cubed »

It is only available on Verizon. Awesome phone. Super fantastic battery life, and charges really fast too.
Very smooth operation, 5.2" screen, "wave" to turn it on.

Cons: heavier than your average phone (large battery in it.)

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Re: Droid Turbo

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

I have the Razr Maxx and as far as an actual phone goes, it's the best I've ever had by far. I love the email UI, too. Screen and camera is not as good as other phones, but yeah, battery lasts forever and it's pretty friggin bombproof. Highly recommend looking into Moto's Droid products.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Kenny X's displeasure with his current Apple products, as well as my iPhone 4s fucking up lately, has me seriously thinking about switching back to Droid. I loved my iPhone when I first got it, but not so much lately. I want something with a good camera and pretty decent storage. My dumbass got an 8 gig...I'm always getting messages about my storage.

I want something with a really good camera and plenty of storage for pictures and music.

The Galaxies look really nice.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

My Galaxy S3 was great....my wife has the S4, even better. Since I use my phone primarily as a phone for work, the Razr Maxx trumps my long list of smart phones I've owned in terms of clarity, rarely drops calls from my side, battery life, ect. Also, I live in a bit of a country setting and it's the first phone that can get/receive calls from any point in my home with absolute clarity.

Fuck iPhone....they just suck you in and trap you with their exclusive apps, ect....forced loyalty.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Mickey O'neil wrote:Kenny X's displeasure with his current Apple products, as well as my iPhone 4s fucking up lately, has me seriously thinking about switching back to Droid. I loved my iPhone when I first got it, but not so much lately. I want something with a good camera and pretty decent storage. My dumbass got an 8 gig...I'm always getting messages about my storage.

I want something with a really good camera and plenty of storage for pictures and music.

The Galaxies look really nice.
The Venerable Bogatir X wrote:My Galaxy S3 was great....my wife has the S4, even better. Since I use my phone primarily as a phone for work, the Razr Maxx trumps my long list of smart phones I've owned in terms of clarity, rarely drops calls from my side, battery life, ect. Also, I live in a bit of a country setting and it's the first phone that can get/receive calls from any point in my home with absolute clarity.

Fuck iPhone....they just suck you in and trap you with their exclusive apps, ect....forced loyalty.
The only issue I'm having is iTunes. God. Damned. iTunes.

Just the other day I was listening to one of my favorite Pandora stations and I heard a Jawbreaker track, off their 24 Hour Revenge Therapy album, and without even thinking about it, I was downloading the album from the iTunes store.

I do that shit all the time.

Frankly, iTunes is just about the only thing Apple did right, but even so, they fucked it up with this whole DRM thing. Oh sure, I could make my entire music library DRM-free if I pay to do it, but fuck! I don't want to have to do that! And it'd be nice if I could play those songs on an Android phone.

What I will have to do is buy a fucking iPod for my music, I suppose. And then buy a Droid phone. But even then, my MACBook is pretty fucked up right now, neither USB ports function reliably, so I'll have a bitch of a time getting music on and off the iPod...

Siiiigh.

This is what I get for being an Apple whore, in my youth.

Lesson learned.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

I have a second gen Moto X, which is the Droid Turbo's slimmer brother. It's also an excellent phone, but it's slimmer frame means a shorter (but still good) battery life.

It was a huge upgrade over my old S3, and it's available unlocked for a reasonable price.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."